DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

21 hours ago, sheson said:

You can not generate dynamic LOD for specific cells only. it is always done for the entire worldspace. It is "odd" that there is no current/active activator. That explains the symptoms. Will have to find out why that happens. Check the persistnt cell 0x00000D74 in DynDOLOD.esp if it contains a reference with the EditorID Tamriel_Firstborn_7_%3 (you can copy/paste that into the Editor ID field top left of xEdt and hit enter, if the field turns red after a while it does not exist)
Check with xEdit which plugins overwrite the cell 0x00009618 and list them here.

Can you generate for the same load order just without the workarounds and then upload log, debug log, DynDOLOD_Tamriel.txt and DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.txt for that generation as well. 
Check/post the same cell 7,-3 MCM Information to show the current/active  activator.

Tamriel_Firstborn_7_%3 is there. Also it get's referenced 4 times

1. skyrimesm_099F21_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW (WRHouseStables01)
  2. skyrimesm_0C8E59_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_LOD (FarmhouseWindMillFan)
  3. elfxexteriorsesp_00B157_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_LOD (CandleLanternwithCandle01)
  4. cuttingroomflooresp_0216C1_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW (WRHouseWind01)

In the cell 00009618 the following plugins are overwriting the Skyrim.esm:

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp (Version 4.2.5b)
Occ_Skyrim_Tamriel.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim II.esm (version 3.something)
Landscape and Water Fixes.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
DynDOLOD.esm
Butterflies.esp
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin SSE Version.esp
Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods.esp
Unique Region Names.esp (also still a relative old version, don't know the number)
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Occ_Skyrim_CuttingRoomFloor.esp
Landscape and Water Fixes - Patches.esp (my own merge of different patches)
Occlusion.esp

Will do the generation without the workaround fix right now. In about an hour it will be finished and I report back.

Edit: Here are the logs and the two textfiles.

The flickering was still there (so it seems it's nothing workaround fix related from my perspective), I did the exact same procedure as liste time, only difference the windmill building didn't vanished, but as soon as I came closer, DynDOLOD still deactivates itself (didn't made a new sceenshot for position, as it is the same as 1st time).

enb2022-10-5-20-33-21.png

Edit 2:
I still think there is something wrong with the LOD_Atlas. Here is a picture from the created atlas and above are the correspoding files from the TexGen Output. I think mostly because of the LOD mismatch the flickering is so obvious. I think it wasn't present with Alpha 97 or 98.
Here is the screenshot:
6.png
And, don't know if you need it, here are the TexGen logs.
This is either present if the workaround is active or not.

Edited by PRieST

2 hours ago, PRieST said:

Tamriel_Firstborn_7_%3 is there. Also it get's referenced 4 times

1. skyrimesm_099F21_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW (WRHouseStables01)
  2. skyrimesm_0C8E59_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_LOD (FarmhouseWindMillFan)
  3. elfxexteriorsesp_00B157_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_LOD (CandleLanternwithCandle01)
  4. cuttingroomflooresp_0216C1_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW (WRHouseWind01)

In the cell 00009618 the following plugins are overwriting the Skyrim.esm:

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp (Version 4.2.5b)
Occ_Skyrim_Tamriel.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim II.esm (version 3.something)
Landscape and Water Fixes.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
DynDOLOD.esm
Butterflies.esp
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin SSE Version.esp
Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods.esp
Unique Region Names.esp (also still a relative old version, don't know the number)
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Occ_Skyrim_CuttingRoomFloor.esp
Landscape and Water Fixes - Patches.esp (my own merge of different patches)
Occlusion.esp

Will do the generation without the workaround fix right now. In about an hour it will be finished and I report back.

Edit: Here are the logs and the two textfiles.

The flickering was still there (so it seems it's nothing workaround fix related from my perspective), I did the exact same procedure as liste time, only difference the windmill building didn't vanished, but as soon as I came closer, DynDOLOD still deactivates itself (didn't made a new sceenshot for position, as it is the same as 1st time).

enb2022-10-5-20-33-21.png

Edit 2:
I still think there is something wrong with the LOD_Atlas. Here is a picture from the created atlas and above are the correspoding files from the TexGen Output. I think mostly because of the LOD mismatch the flickering is so obvious. I think it wasn't present with Alpha 97 or 98.
Here is the screenshot:

And, don't know if you need it, here are the TexGen logs.
This is either present if the workaround is active or not.

There has to be some kind of problem with the player not triggering the  trigger box or some kind of script (SKSE/Papyrus Util) problem. Do you have script lag, poor FPS?
Do not use tcl or speedmult while testing. You recently installed a plugin/mod that might change collision for the player?
Check the papyrus log for errors or some kind of messages.
Maybe one of the listed plugins adds something to the cell that interferes somehow. I would try to see what happens with vanilla to make sure it is not INI related and the basic setup is working as it should. Then add the listed plugins one by one. You could first remove every plugin that is not a master in the DynDOLOD plugins for a quick test.
For quicker testing to check if the information page lists Tamriel_Firstborn_7_%3 reference as current/active activator it is enough to just generate dynamic LOD for Tamriel.

It maybe of course not any of the listed plugins and something else entirely. But it seems likely it is part of the cell and not the next one that is working.

The object LOD atlas is created from the currently installed single object LOD textures, typically in ..\textures\lod. Object LOD Textures, especially rendered ones,  do not change between being loaded from the data folder and being added  to the object LOD textures atlas. What you see on the object LOD atlas is what was installed in the data folder at generation time.

Haven't had these problems with earlierer alphas, theres not much on mods I use which could create script lag or something like this (again, don't had this ever before), but I'll look into it.

Concerning the atlas: But why are the stitched (rendered) textures are using the right textures and the dynddolod atlas the wrong ones? Nothing changed between creating texgen and lodgen, I even didn't changed the whiterun building textures since alpha 50 or so and never had this. The spot on WRW is always my LOD test location and this is new, that's why I am reporting it. I always, also this time (nothing concerning textures or loadorder changed) create a new TexGen before Dynddolod. In the past it always worked, stitched textures were the same as what I saw in the atlas.

Edit: only collision based mod I added quite recently, I think it was with alpha 97, is 'Precision'.

The plug-ins I listed are there since the nearly beginning and hadn't such a problem in the past, but I'll take a look. FPS, if they are very low, are about 45 in this place, I wouldn't consider this as low.

Edited by PRieST

36 minutes ago, PRieST said:

Haven't had these problems with earlierer alphas, theres not much on mods I use which could create script lag or something like this (again, don't had this ever before), but I'll look into it.

Concerning the atlas: But why are the stitched (rendered) textures are using the right textures and the dynddolod atlas the wrong ones? Nothing changed between creating texgen and lodgen, I even didn't changed the whiterun building textures since alpha 50 or so and never had this. The spot on WRW is always my LOD test location and this is new, that's why I am reporting it. I always, also this time (nothing concerning textures or loadorder changed) create a new TexGen before Dynddolod. In the past it always worked, stitched textures were the same as what I saw in the atlas.

The way dynamic LOD works with trigger boxes and all the Tamriel_Firstborn_* reference all using the same activator base record and the scripts in DynDOLOD Resources SE did not change. I have checked the debug logs, you have verified the Tamriel_Firstborn reference exists, so all seems well and in place as it should. That is why I suggest to check the papyrus log for errors and to test with a vanilla setup to see if no other mods interfere and if things work by themselves or not.

DynDOLOD loads the object LOD textures from the data folder and combines them into a object atlas textures and then saves it.
Open the object LOD texture atlas from the DynDOLOD output folder (before installing as a mod) and take note of the pixel distance from the top left corner for whatever texture you are interested in.
Open ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_ObjectAtlasMap_Tamriel.txt in notepad.
The x, y pixel distance are the 4th and 5th number (the 2nd and 3rd are the resolution), which should match what you measured from the object LOD atlas texture.
The object LOD atlas filename comes right after the numbers. The source single object LOD texture filename is at the beginning.
With that information you can now find the single source texture find/open it via the MO2, right window data tab to see what it looks like.

On 10/4/2022 at 5:03 PM, sheson said:

The logs are saved when you close the program. It may take a couple seconds to save debug log.

Just select the DLC2Solstheim worldspace for this test, so it should be quick to do.

For the glow problem in Solstheim.

At last, after 2 days of tries with the bugged upload files site, I found another one that should works. I zipped 4 txt that could be usefull.

https://file.io/y8lgeEZuOzKv

Thank you for your patience.

13 minutes ago, delweyn said:

DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt: https://paste.ee/p/T6PSa

The debug log you uploaded does not seem to match the DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt. It seems to be from a generation without Fake light parent world being checked or maybe something else happened?

Generate dynamic LOD for DLC2Solstheimworld with the test version and Fake lights parent world checked and upload that log, debug log and DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt.

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

The debug log you uploaded does not seem to match the DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt. It seems to be from a generation without Fake light parent world being checked or maybe something else happened?

Generate dynamic LOD for DLC2Solstheimworld with the test version and Fake lights parent world checked and upload that log, debug log and DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt.

I hesitated to precise this, thinking that it would not be important as I haven't changed any options.

The DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt. is the one of a full game lod generation that I made after the only Solstheim for the test.

But I haven't changed a single option between both generations. Fake lights checked each time.

Edited by delweyn

4 minutes ago, delweyn said:

I hesitated to precise this thinking that it would not be importante as I haven't changed any options.

The DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt. is the one of a full game lod generation that I made after the only Solstheim for the test.

But I haven't changed a single option between both generations.

Delete content of the log folder. Delete content of output folder.

Start the DynDOLOD test version.
Select only DLC2Solstheimworld. Click High.
Unselect Object LOD, Tree LOD, Occlusion data, underside, Grass LOD, Seasons.
Select Dynamic LOD and Fake lights selected world and Fake light child world.
Unselect Prefer base record  LOD assigments over rules and Upgrade NearGrid large references to FarGrid.
Generate.
Upload the new log, debug log and DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt

48 minutes ago, sheson said:

Delete content of the log folder. Delete content of output folder.

Start the DynDOLOD test version.
Select only DLC2Solstheimworld. Click High.
Unselect Object LOD, Tree LOD, Occlusion data, underside, Grass LOD, Seasons.
Select Dynamic LOD and Fake lights selected world and Fake light child world.
Unselect Prefer base record  LOD assigments over rules and Upgrade NearGrid large references to FarGrid.
Generate.
Upload the new log, debug log and DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt

I put all the 3 .txt + a screen of my options if case of in a zip file: https://file.io/1E9T4369kKb9

27 minutes ago, delweyn said:

I put all the 3 .txt + a screen of my options if case of in a zip file: https://file.io/1E9T4369kKb9

Yes, those logs contain what I was looking for. It looks like everything is in order.  Test the output in the game if the fake lights unload.

If it works, generate as usual and check if it still works. If not, upload the new log, debug and DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt for the full generation.

17 minutes ago, sheson said:

Yes, those logs contain what I was looking for. It looks like everything is in order.  Test the output in the game if the fake lights unload.

If it works, generate as usual and check if it still works. If not, upload the new log, debug and DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt for the full generation.

Gosh I deleted all the files after sending you the logs. I'm done. I'll just generate without fake lights and will do with it.

Maybe someone will be able to find the good solution one day. Thank you for your time.

30 minutes ago, delweyn said:

Gosh I deleted all the files after sending you the logs. I'm done. I'll just generate without fake lights and will do with it.

Maybe someone will be able to find the good solution one day. Thank you for your time.

The last generation you uploaded logs from with the Fake light in selected world checked has no problem with the fake lights unloading as the data in DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt for those lights is what it is supposed to be - unlike the older version you uploaded. I never had any problems with generating LOD just the mod either. There is nothing to solve. By all accounts it works as it should.

Here is updated Fallout 4 TexGen configs: https://mega.nz/file/YZpEDBKL#49f1r9cyGlZ66CUxKBLW4hD-RIVOvwHy0wrII18O_Hw

These should be complete.

The only other consideration that could be useful would be a method of modifying the generated specular intensity for some textures. Take the AirplaneDebris01LOD_d.dds texture for example:

Vanilla --> TexGen Generated --> TexGen Generated modified to half Red and Green values

image.png image.png image.png 

The vanilla LOD texture approximately halves the Red/Green intensity of this specular. This fixes an issue where if the specular is too high in LOD, it can produce flashes of light. Here is one instance of this using the generated WaterTowerLOD_d.dds texture, which similarly can be affected by this.

Screenshot-2022-10-06-19-28-05.jpg