DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

18 minutes ago, PRieST said:

Hm, maybe this still doesn't work if I went from mainmenu via coc command, exit the game and restart it. I don't know if this is related to the 'profile specific .ini' which are used by Mod Organizer 2 but the value was still on what I definded in MO2s ini. It works the other way around though, if I set a specific value inside the MO2 SkyrimPrefs.ini it get catched/is used by DynDOLOD.

Need any logs, further infos about this?

BTW: I merged some plugins now and haven't encountered any strange crashes, yet. So I ran into some sort of limit, but I don't know which. Because of many .esl/ esl-flagged .esp I shouldn't reach the plugin limit for now. If I know how I would dig deeper into this, but this is beyond my knowledge^^ Will forther optimise my setup.

DynDOLOD MCM just read/sets the INI setting with the usual papyrus commands. Nothing that can be changed about it.

12 minutes ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD MCM just read/sets the INI setting with the usual papyrus commands. Nothing that can be changed about it.

Ok. Thanks again for answering these kind of questions.
I read it in another post:

As you are still completing the list of prerendered lod textures (like wrbuildings_lod.dds an so on) and because I am interested in the technology behind it, could you explain what you have to do to create these textures?
I searched days on how to create these textures by my own and asked on the HD LODs modpage on how to do this, but mostly the responses were like 'you have to stitch them together with photoshop on your own'. I am firm with photoshop, but I had no clue where I could get the textures I needed, so I made screenshots from the mesh in nifskope and tried to build the whole thing up - nah, that didn't looked good.
That's why I am aksing on how you managed it to automate the whole process.

Edited by PRieST

1 minute ago, PRieST said:

Ok. Thanks again for answering these kind of questions.
I read it in another post:

As you are still completing the list of prerendered lod textures (like wrbuildings_lod.dds an so on) and because I am interested in the technology behind it, could you explain what you have to do to create these textures?
I searched days on how to create these textures by my own and asked on the HD LODs modpage on how to do this, but mostly the responses were like 'you have to stitch them together with photoshop on your own'. I am firm with photoshop, but I had no clue where I could get the textures I needed, so I made screenshots from the mesh in nifskope and tried to build the whole thing up - nah, that didn't looked good.
That's why I am aksing on how you managed it to automate the whole process.

Rendering side views of tree models for billboard textures means we can render any model to textures. Simple create models that show what you need.

Read "Rendered Object LOD Textures" in DynDOLOD/docs/help/TexGen.html and DynDOLOD/docs/help/TexGenConfiguration.html

I am currently doing the Solitude object LOD textures.

5 minutes ago, sheson said:

Rendering side views of tree models for billboard textures means we can render any model to textures. Simple create models that show what you need.

Read "Rendered Object LOD Textures" in DynDOLOD/docs/help/TexGen.html and DynDOLOD/docs/help/TexGenConfiguration.html

I am currently doing the Solitude object LOD textures.

Will look into the documentaton, thanks for pointing it.

Oh nice, I'll look into it

Me again, maybe found another issue.

Haven't noticed this before, because after coc time of day was always the same and I always changed the weather to 0010e1f0.
Snow on Mountain LOD is very dark and it wasn't so dark with alpha 27:
iwg8yguq.jpg

nwei8vlr.jpg

t7huhnkh.jpg

oef2hzn3.jpg

All DynDOLOD Logs

Haven't change any textures (colors) and I haven't changed anything on the Terrain LOD textures (same as with DynDOLOD Alpha 27) generated with SSE LODGen, but I don't know which beta version it was.

Edited by PRieST

7 hours ago, PRieST said:

Me again, maybe found another issue.

Haven't noticed this before, because after coc time of day was always the same and I always changed the weather to 0010e1f0.
Snow on Mountain LOD is very dark and it wasn't so dark with alpha 27:
iwg8yguq.jpg

nwei8vlr.jpg

t7huhnkh.jpg

oef2hzn3.jpg

All DynDOLOD Logs

Haven't change any textures (colors) and I haven't changed anything on the Terrain LOD textures (same as with DynDOLOD Alpha 27) generated with SSE LODGen, but I don't know which beta version it was.

See

6 hours ago, sheson said:

See

Ok, that was it, what I don't understand is, why I didn't saw this in any other gamestarts...or as I tidied up a bit, this record was overwritten before <- shame on me

Edit:
It isn't fixed completely, I think I missed one record, I did checked both mentioned in the link. There is still the nearest mountain, where it doesn't match, but SnowLODMaterialHD and SnowLODMaterial are identical now (conerning the snow color).

Edit2:
This might be, because I noticed that there is much less snow on the LODs. If you getting closer and it changes to a lower LOD level/Full Model more snow is applied to it and so it looks brighter all in all.

Edit2:
Had to mess around with Majestic Mountains, but now it looks quite good. Still I don't know why I had to do this, as it doesn't made a difference before and yes I deleted some plugins, but none of them had messed around with the SnowLODMaterials. Of course I had a mod installed, which changed this...oh my god, just irgnore this...damn 😅

urv8aed5.jpg

dub549hb.jpg

Edited by PRieST

Hi Sheson, I'm unable to load my save game after updating Dyndolod, both with 3.0 and 2.92. Everything starts up fine, loading screens are fine, until the first frame of my save where the screen never fades back in from black, and the game freezes. I was in an interior cell before updating, and updated according to the process described in the manual. 

When I disable Dyndolod, the game loads fine. There isn't any unusual issues when loading the save in ReSaver. 

I am not getting any errors when I generate Dyndolod, so I'm a bit lost on where to start troubleshooting.

Here's the latest log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rKaayd7kdh6b2z6P-TT5MtGVv-AHjJ-R/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

34 minutes ago, eeekie said:

Hi Sheson, I'm unable to load my save game after updating Dyndolod, both with 3.0 and 2.92. Everything starts up fine, loading screens are fine, until the first frame of my save where the screen never fades back in from black, and the game freezes. I was in an interior cell before updating, and updated according to the process described in the manual. 

When I disable Dyndolod, the game loads fine. There isn't any unusual issues when loading the save in ReSaver. 

I am not getting any errors when I generate Dyndolod, so I'm a bit lost on where to start troubleshooting.

Here's the latest log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rKaayd7kdh6b2z6P-TT5MtGVv-AHjJ-R/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

See ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-FAQ.txt  "FAQ: Game: ILS or CTD" and ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt how to troubleshoot CTD.

Thanks, I did try all those... I'm not sure what the deal was but I loaded my new save (again) without Dyndolod, made another save, and now this one is working. I guess maybe just that particular save at that particular time was borked. 

Have ran latest Alpha-30 and i love it! Generatet "Grass Cache" (file ended up being 1,8 Gb) before. The grass is just great. Now i just have to learn to tweak it so it becomes perfect. If you think it is very few trees i am using Lower Tree Line Mod. Ty Sheson for DynDOLOD!

xtA3gB4.jpg

🙂

Edited by Mercury71

The urge to get the grass LOD has become irresistible and I've finally gotten the nerve to try the "alpha".  

I have a question about the GrassDensity setting.  I've done a number of tests, every time re-generating both textures and DynDOLOD at 100, 50, 30, 10 and 0 and I can't seem to find any visible differences looking at various screenshots I've taken at the same places.  My framerate sometimes goes in the 40 fps range when it is at 100, so I tested lowering that number as per the instructions in the first two posts.  Lowering the setting did improve the framerate proportionally to about 10-15 fps when GrassDensity is set to 0.  I have GTX 1070 and 1440p monitor, and the 0 setting allows me to stay above 60 fps around Whiterun where I found the drop to be the worst having most grass.

I'm using vanilla grass and tress, with the .ini configured with the Ultra settings by the launcher, and no other .ini changes related to grass.  In the No Grass In Objects mod I have the following settings:

RayCast = False
UseGrassCache = True
OnlyLoadFromCache = True
DynDOLODGrassMode = 2

In DynDOLOD_SSE.ini I have changed

Grass=1
GrassLargeReference=1

I also use Terrain LOD redone mod since I use vanilla grass, and because I don't use xLODGen I have

Occlusion=1
OcclusionQuality=3

When I generate the textures and DynDOLOD I leave everything to the default settings with Ultra/HD trees and run DynDOLOD two times as required by Open Cities.

Everything works and looks fantastic, in addition to the grass, I've found the Ultra/HD generated trees to make a significant improvement to distant Juniper trees compared to using the Tree Billboards Vanilla Medium mod.

So if you could, can you elaborate a bit on what GrassDensity setting is supposed to do.  Thank you.

Edited by ikonomov

1 hour ago, ikonomov said:

The urge to get the grass LOD has become irresistible and I've finally gotten the nerve to try the "alpha".  

I have a question about the GrassDensity setting.  I've done a number of tests, every time re-generating both textures and DynDOLOD at 100, 50, 30, 10 and 0 and I can't seem to find any visible differences looking at various screenshots I've taken at the same places.  My framerate sometimes goes in the 40 fps range when it is at 100, so I tested lowering that number as per the instructions in the first two posts.  Lowering the setting did improve the framerate proportionally to about 10-15 fps when GrassDensity is set to 0.  I have GTX 1070 and 1440p monitor, and the 0 setting allows me to stay above 60 fps around Whiterun where I found the drop to be the worst having most grass.

I'm using vanilla grass and tress, with the .ini configured with the Ultra settings by the launcher, and no other .ini changes related to grass.  In the No Grass In Objects mod I have the following settings:

RayCast = False
UseGrassCache = True
OnlyLoadFromCache = True
DynDOLODGrassMode = 2

In DynDOLOD_SSE.ini I have changed

Grass=1
GrassLargeReference=1

I also use Terrain LOD redone mod since I use vanilla grass, and because I don't use xLODGen I have

Occlusion=1
OcclusionQuality=3

When I generate the textures and DynDOLOD I leave everything to the default settings with Ultra/HD trees and run DynDOLOD two times as required by Open Cities.

Everything works and looks fantastic, in addition to the grass, I've found the Ultra/HD generated trees to make a significant improvement to distant Juniper trees compared to using the Tree Billboards Vanilla Medium mod.

So if you could, can you elaborate a bit on what GrassDensity setting is supposed to do.  Thank you.

Change GrassDensity=100 to a lower value in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to thin out grass LOD for better performance.

0 to 100%; 0 = no grass - unlike Grass=0, the grass LOD billboards will still be added to the object LOD texture atlas

If a cell has 200 grass placements for a grass type and the grass density is set to 50, then only 100 placements instead of the original 200  are added to the object LOD BTO for that cell.

Make sure to actually look at LOD beyond the uLargeRefLODGridSize. You might also keep more frames by having grass LOD start right beyond the UGridsToLoad.

If no full models/textures or grass base records changed in the meantime, there is no need redo the grass billboards with TexGen.
It is also enough to just do the first pass generating object (and tree LOD) if you just want to update grass LOD.

In fact, you could just edit the export file directly and set the GrassDensity= there and then jist Execute LODGen from DynDOLOD expert mode.

Nothing which should get a high priority (as it is even barely seen), but I noticed  - while I was wandering around in whiterun and looked from inside the whiterunworld to the exteriors (I was generating grass cache again and wanted to see how it looks ingame) - that first more LODs were shown, just to vanish after some time:
First look:

rtcvls28.jpg

Some seconds later, after I change position:

jnazoomp.jpg

Haven't found anything concerning this in the documentation or here (but honestly I have no clue for what I should search).

Logfiles from my last generation.

2 hours ago, PRieST said:

Nothing which should get a high priority (as it is even barely seen), but I noticed  - while I was wandering around in whiterun and looked from inside the whiterunworld to the exteriors (I was generating grass cache again and wanted to see how it looks ingame) - that first more LODs were shown, just to vanish after some time:
First look:

rtcvls28.jpg

Some seconds later, after I change position:

jnazoomp.jpg

Haven't found anything concerning this in the documentation or here (but honestly I have no clue for what I should search).

Logfiles from my last generation.

If LOD "vanishes" it is because active cells attached. LOD only shows outside loaded cells. Explained this many times before.