DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

4 hours ago, mooit said:

I don't see this any longer as my MODs, I disabled all of them, except only what is needed to use SKSE to start the game with DynDOLOD,  and it still doesn't work with the latest game save, but works with one of my earliest game saves.

So I see this as something to do with the Game Saves, where Alpha98 doesn't like them, and Alpha95 is fine with them.

And, the reason I am saying this, is because I enabled all my mods in MO2, then loaded one of my earliest game saves at Whiterun back in 2019, and guess what, it worked.

Here's a screen shot with all the mods enabled at Whiterun on Alpha98.

2019 Early Game Saves Alpha98 — Freeimage.host

The problem is that if I try to load saves I made recently they are not working.

But I followed the DynDOLOD guide correctly when I started using DynDOLOD when making my Saves. 

Clean Save | DynDOLOD

Now for whatever reason Alpha98 won't load these, and that I believe is the problem, otherwise, rhetorically speaking of, how then, did I get this to work, showing the Obeject LODs working on this earlier save.

Having game Saves work, is actually something I've had problems with in the past with DynDOLOD, where I've made proper saves and they also didn't work sometimes on Alpha95, and I would have to sometimes spend hours playing around with this.

So for me personally, I've always run into Game Save issues with DynDOLOD, just like what is going on now, but I've been able to fix it. This time, it's not giving an inch. So I'll just keep fiddling and try to get a game save to work, and see if it will finally give in for me.

I don't know if this is related to corrupt game saves, but on earlier game saves when I was testing this, I noticed what I thought were at first aurora borealis effects across the map, but then I'd never seen these before on the map. hmm

aurora borealis map — Freeimage.host

P.S. I tried making new game saves, I can't get this to work. errrr :(

As explained, always test with a new game. If something doesn't work with a save game, then there is a problem or setting baked into the save game that is out of the control of DynDOLOD.

LOD meshes and textures do not care about save games and are not part of the save game data. The game simple loads and displays them. LOD generation does not care save games.

The clean save is about data from plugins and scripts. If the game is started without the plugins, then most of the data for those plugins and scripts from the save is discarded already, .e.g a clean save. The data is all about the position of dynamic LOD references. The orphaned scripts can be cleaned with a tool. To also remove data form the SKSE co-save you would need to start without PapyrusUtil once (or delete the co-save for test), but that will also remove co-save data for other plugins.

DynDOLOD does not load save games.

Unless further specified or explained what the problems are, save game issues have to do with INI settings and the entire load order. For example unfixed issue and errors in plugins.
You can not add and remove plugins all the time. DynDOLOD is pretty safe because it is pretty much self contained. The worse that can happen is that a full model does not show anymore because its disable state got baked in the save.

DynDOLOD does not change or affects whatever the last screenshot shows, which looks like a textures problem of the cloud cover of the map.

If things work with a new game, then the object LOD meshes and texture work as expected. The meshes and textures are most likely not the problem, since they can not really affect a save game. Though I would do a binary search to see if it can be narrowed down to single BTO.

I am not going to suggest any more concrete troubleshooting steps, since things work with a new save and you seem not to be able to just do them and report back to determine the next step.

Hello, I update to Alpha 99 and noticed the experimental Large Reference Bugs Workarounds , I Set WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs=1 and The DynDOLOD64 reporrt an error Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 11909)  each time generated object LOD for Tamriel successfully.

I tried Set WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs to 0 and it not happened again.

Setting: Upgrade NearGrid to Far enabled , Down GradeFar to Near disabled.  I tried disable or enable them but seems nothing changed.

BugReport :https://paste.ee/p/AEpo3

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt (2.45MB) https://ufile.io/rc5irbux

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt  (125MB) https://ufile.io/hbkoyy5a

46 minutes ago, blueetenicolet said:

Hello, I update to Alpha 99 and noticed the experimental Large Reference Bugs Workarounds , I Set WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs=1 and The DynDOLOD64 reporrt an error Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 11909)  each time generated object LOD for Tamriel successfully.

I tried Set WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs to 0 and it not happened again.

Setting: Upgrade NearGrid to Far enabled , Down GradeFar to Near disabled.  I tried disable or enable them but seems nothing changed.

BugReport :https://paste.ee/p/AEpo3

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt (2.45MB) https://ufile.io/rc5irbux

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt  (125MB) https://ufile.io/hbkoyy5a

Bring up the reference 000DDD36 in xEdit and check the last plugin / column to the right. There might be something going on with the EditorID having weird characters. Let me know what you find.

1 minute ago, blueetenicolet said:

1981022970_.thumb.png.835763d5b2d37e16e6705788bcabc09e.png1827105186_.thumb.png.18c34946227527d6f2074b8d9d3dbf97.png

Looks like a smoke particle and deleted in update.esm

Clean all plugins that contain deleted references.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites
Finalize the load order. Install mods and their requirements. Sort and resolve conflicts. Clean and error check the load order with xEdit. Clean every plugin that LOOT suggests to clean - ignore misinformation that cleaning any plugins is not needed or causes problems. The Batch Plugin Cleaner for Mod Organizer or the xEdit Cleaning Extension for Vortex help to automate some of that.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference

That should fix that issue.

3 minutes ago, sheson said:

Finalize the load order. Install mods and their requirements. Sort and resolve conflicts. Clean and error check the load order with xEdit. Clean every plugin that LOOT suggests to clean - ignore misinformation that cleaning any plugins is not needed or causes problems. The Batch Plugin Cleaner for Mod Organizer or the xEdit Cleaning Extension for Vortex help to automate some of that.

Thank you ! I'll try again after cleaned.  I never noticed that my game had an uncleaned original plugin

Edited by blueetenicolet

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Thank you, run successfully after cleanning. And the ice glacier z-fighting near winterhold and windhelm almost dissapered. They just flashing for about one second when they reach the grid distance and switch to another model. Nice Large Reference Bugs Workaround !

16 hours ago, sheson said:

The fact that there is no disciple explains why the large references bugs still happen, the cell is not detected as having any bugs.

Why exactly, I am not sure without redoing the changes you did, if you still have the changed plugin, you could upload them so I might have a look in the next days.

On the other hand, if it is a typical constellation of things with "normal" mods/plugins we will come across similar cases anyways I suppose.

Do not kill yourself checking every report cell, do it other way around. Just play the game (yeah right) and whenever you notice large ref bugs, check if the cell coordinates were reported. I am pretty confident that the reported cells will look fine.

What also needs testing is that the scripted workaround do not cause script problems with larger load orders or persistent large references (HearthFires houses for example) to vanish (be disabled when they shouldn't).

https://mega.nz/file/oat2xDAL#3NTc17b6JZDCJd4V1huBohZTubFeAeFiTvMrK4_NAIg

Here's a plugin with just that one large ref changed. I did a test having only that plugin active in addition to the base game files, and at least on my setup that was enough to trigger the bugs. But I haven't tested with the latest alpha 99 yet.

Update: Tested with Alpha 99, no change. Here are the logs for that run.

Edited by Blackread

4 hours ago, Blackread said:

https://mega.nz/file/oat2xDAL#3NTc17b6JZDCJd4V1huBohZTubFeAeFiTvMrK4_NAIg

Here's a plugin with just that one large ref changed. I did a test having only that plugin active in addition to the base game files, and at least on my setup that was enough to trigger the bugs. But I haven't tested with the latest alpha 99 yet.

Update: Tested with Alpha 99, no change. Here are the logs for that run.

Thanks for this. This constellation should properly try to fix in both (all) affected cells in the next versions.

The moved large reference check did not see did see this as moved because the master record and the last overwrite both have the same position.

19 hours ago, sheson said:

That should still not be possible to cause that error in .net with things randomly become undefined though.

I would be interested in the grass cache files for the worldspace and the all files with the worldspace name in the filename  from the..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\ folder and also LODGen_SSE_FlatTextures.txt and LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt so I might be able to debug this properly in LODGen. At least a better error message should come out of this.

Here you go: aaChanterelle2.zip

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Oh boy "tree" full for LOD4. This going to take a while ...

Any indication how much memory the LODGen process peaks at when you run that with grass LOD as well?

As I recall the memory usage was 8 GB max. I have 32 GB. I'll try it with the standard tree settings and see what happens.

Edited by Glanzer

25 minutes ago, Glanzer said:

As I recall the memory usage was 8 GB max. I have 32 GB. I'll try it with the standard tree settings and see what happens.

I get the same crash with the your files so I am able to debug this next days and see whats up. Also have 8GB peak, that nothing. At the time of crash it's 3GB.

23 hours ago, sheson said:

As explained, always test with a new game. If something doesn't work with a save game, then there is a problem or setting baked into the save game that is out of the control of DynDOLOD.

LOD meshes and textures do not care about save games and are not part of the save game data. The game simple loads and displays them. LOD generation does not care save games.

The clean save is about data from plugins and scripts. If the game is started without the plugins, then most of the data for those plugins and scripts from the save is discarded already, .e.g a clean save. The data is all about the position of dynamic LOD references. The orphaned scripts can be cleaned with a tool. To also remove data form the SKSE co-save you would need to start without PapyrusUtil once (or delete the co-save for test), but that will also remove co-save data for other plugins.

DynDOLOD does not load save games.

Unless further specified or explained what the problems are, save game issues have to do with INI settings and the entire load order. For example unfixed issue and errors in plugins.
You can not add and remove plugins all the time. DynDOLOD is pretty safe because it is pretty much self contained. The worse that can happen is that a full model does not show anymore because its disable state got baked in the save.

DynDOLOD does not change or affects whatever the last screenshot shows, which looks like a textures problem of the cloud cover of the map.

If things work with a new game, then the object LOD meshes and texture work as expected. The meshes and textures are most likely not the problem, since they can not really affect a save game. Though I would do a binary search to see if it can be narrowed down to single BTO.

I am not going to suggest any more concrete troubleshooting steps, since things work with a new save and you seem not to be able to just do them and report back to determine the next step.

If I missed doing something you asked of and upset you, I am sorry. So please accept my apology, I'm doing my best to follow along, which I thought I've been doing.

Something I don't remember if I asked, but is everyone generating their grass cache with ENB Complex Grass installed, or afterwards?

I just tried DynDOLOD99 and it's working with my latest save, that Alpha98 wouldn't work with.

DynDOLOD Alpha99 — Freeimage.host

But, there is still something odd going on, and I hope this helps you, sometimes with Alpha99 the save I load will show all the object LODs, and another time I try to load the save, it won't.

What would you suggest, when I see all the Objects LODs finally work, create a save while I'm standing outside at that point, or save inside?

Thanks for all your help Sheson, keep up the great work!

THANKS

P.S. For now I made a save outside the gate at Whiterun when I saw all the object lods loaded, and this save keeps working. So it seem good for now, unless I should make a save inside?

Edited by mooit