DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

19 minutes ago, sheson said:

If you do the rather insane setup of setting full models for LOD level 4,8, and 16 there is obviously no point in generating or having any billboards. 

Obviously that silly setup was already possible since ever ultra tree LOD was added years ago.

Right, so this was the piece that was confusing me a bit over on the EVT forum -- it wasn't clear to me whether he was saying change LOD 4/8/16 to Full AND FarFull, or just generically set trees to FarFull without any changes to 4/8/16 (I did set the chunk to LOD4 in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini):

c) In Dyndolod 3.0 Alpha 18+4 - change ALL references to existing Levelx (not entries without them; ignore those) to FarFull and set the Specific Chunk to LOD4. Set Trees to Full + FarFull (anything else with LOD8/16 can be ignored; we won't be using it).

Edited by Wolfpack49

3 minutes ago, Wolfpack49 said:

Right, so this was the piece that was confusing me a bit over there -- it wasn't clear to me whether he was saying change LOD 4/8/16 to Full AND FarFull, or just generically set trees to FarFull without any changes to 4/8/16 (I did set the chunk to LOD3 ini Dyndolod_SSE.ini):

The questions is what it is that you/poster  are trying to achieve. If you set Specific chunk to 4 (3 must be a typo), then it won't generate object LOD for Level 8 and 16. 

48 minutes ago, sheson said:

If you know the LOD texture it is trying to render we can manually determine the used textures, then you could check the mods changing them and I could try to replicate.

It renders textures in the order below. Check which textures were generated in the TexGen output folder. Then let me know which is the last in the list that was generated and and its  *_n.dds it look OK when loaded in an appropriate viewer. I can  the let you know the list of full textures that are required to render the next in the list.

Pretty sure it got past the two dawnguardcastle ones. The seruin ones are being picked up from HD LOD Textures SE. I'll have DynDOLOD Resources SE overwrite and see if that works. This all worked OK in the same LO for alpha 27.

Edited by SteveTownsend

I think you fixed my earlier issue with Erikur's House -- thanks!

Now, I'm having trouble getting TexGen to run; shortly after I click through the menu, it gives me one of these messages (printed the whole thing for more info):

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Error processing textures\cubemaps\ShinyBright_e.dds Access violation at address 00007FFCD93CC765 in module 'ig9icd64.dll'.

[Content]
Read of address 000000009FEE0000.

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Am I doing something incorrectly? For reference, I'm running it through MO2.

5 minutes ago, SteveTownsend said:

Pretty sure it got past the two dawnguardcastle ones. The seruin ones are being picked up from HD LOD Textures SE. I'll have DynDOLOD Resources SE overwrite and see if that works. This all worked OK in the same LO for alpha 27.

Reordering this made no diff. The textures I get out are below. The messages list does show the first seruin one and then the program exits. I do have alpha-8 resources.

image.thumb.png.1bf94ea1903d394c7bb730efa74d11b1.png

8 minutes ago, SteveTownsend said:

Reordering this made no diff. The textures I get out are below. The messages list does show the first seruin one and then the program exits. I do have alpha-8 resources.

By the way, all four dawnguardcastle textures look OK to me in Paint.Net, though I'm no expert. FYI when I try to use Preview Object Texture on either of these or the seruin one, TexGen64 exits.

56 minutes ago, sheson said:

The questions is what it is that you/poster  are trying to achieve. If you set Specific chunk to 4 (3 must be a typo), then it won't generate object LOD for Level 8 and 16. 

Yeah, typo now fixed - LOD4:

Here's the entire post, and it pretty much contradicts what's it's saying in the ini about TreeFullFallBack.  I think HIS goal might have been to get the best possible display. MIne is to get reasonably close to that and not kill my PC. 😉 

Testing out Sheson's Dyndolod 3.0 Alpha 17+4...
a) Use BethINI's Ultra preset + the Step guide for LOD/Detailed Trees (Tree [skinned] + Terrain Management) - this is super-important
b) TexGen should be set for Ultra Trees
c) In Dyndolod 3.0 Alpha 18+4 - change ALL references to existing Levelx (not entries without them; ignore those) to FarFull and set the Specific Chunk to LOD4. Set Trees to Full + FarFull (anything else with LOD8/16 can be ignored; we won't be using it).

Set the following to 0 (Zero).
TreeFullFallBack=0 (DynDOLOD Script > DynDOLOD_SSE.INI).

Edited by Wolfpack49

30 minutes ago, SteveTownsend said:

image.thumb.png.1bf94ea1903d394c7bb730efa74d11b1.png

DynDOLOD Resources SE does not really contain full textures. Neither does HD LODs I believe.

The most likely texture in question is textures\cubemaps\ShinyBright_e.dds Check which mod is changing it.

19 minutes ago, Wolfpack49 said:

Yeah, typo now fixed - LOD4:

Here's the entire post, and it pretty much contradicts what's it's saying in the ini about TreeFullBack.  I think HIS goal might have been to get the best possible display. MIne is to get reasonably close to that and not kill my PC. 😉 

Just go with the  standard ultra tree LOD setup of with LOD4 set to Level0 and LOD8/16 to Billboard 1. It will automatically use the HD billboards for higher LOD levels.

If you are feeling experimental set only LOD4 to Full, but if the 3D tree LOD models were done well you will not notice much difference.

Can always fine tune to only have select trees use full models.

I think something went wrong during creating tree billboards:

Tamriel Texture Atlas:

tb66ijnh.jpg

Generated Tree via TexGen:

iajuswm9.jpg

This is the tree 'treepineforestsnowl04' (hybrid has this name in my loadorder: 'treepineforestsnowl04_aa8435fcpassthru_lod')

Textures are ok when on full/hybrid model (I am aware, that these are not the 'lod textures', just wanted to show, that the base textures look good):

l77rq7gy.jpg

This didn't happen with Alpha 27.

Nothing changed on textures, the same tree generated with TexGen on Alpha 27:

5puhxfu9.jpg

TexGen_Debug_Log

A few more trees are affected, but not as severely. Other than the trees, i haven't noticed any other texture errors.

Edited by PRieST

2 hours ago, sheson said:

The most likely texture in question is textures\cubemaps\ShinyBright_e.dds Check which mod is changing it.

I disabled that mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38760 (SC - Cubemaps) and now I get the below error further along. This cubemap is from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75610 (Ancient Dwemer Metal - LE mod in use in SE). The same texture causes a crash out of https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14365. (Underground- A Dungeon Texture Overhaul). When I revert to the cubemap from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38775 (Cleaned Skyrim SE Textures) it works OK.

[Main Instruction]
Error processing textures\cubemaps\Bronze_e.dds Access violation at address 00007FFBC74A85FE in module 'nvoglv64.dll'.

[Content]
Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

image.thumb.png.c1658cbe7bd14387ad8c5f9af588cd80.png

Edited by SteveTownsend

7 hours ago, PRieST said:

I think something went wrong during creating tree billboards:

Tamriel Texture Atlas:

tb66ijnh.jpg

Generated Tree via TexGen:

iajuswm9.jpg

This is the tree 'treepineforestsnowl04' (hybrid has this name in my loadorder: 'treepineforestsnowl04_aa8435fcpassthru_lod')

Textures are ok when on full/hybrid model (I am aware, that these are not the 'lod textures', just wanted to show, that the base textures look good):

l77rq7gy.jpg

This didn't happen with Alpha 27.

Nothing changed on textures, the same tree generated with TexGen on Alpha 27:

5puhxfu9.jpg

TexGen_Debug_Log

A few more trees are affected, but not as severely. Other than the trees, i haven't noticed any other texture errors.

What tree mod are you using?

Include the non debug log as well when posting.

7 hours ago, SteveTownsend said:

I disabled that mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38760 (SC - Cubemaps) and now I get the below error further along. This cubemap is from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75610 (Ancient Dwemer Metal - LE mod in use in SE). The same texture causes a crash out of https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14365. (Underground- A Dungeon Texture Overhaul). When I revert to the cubemap from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38775 (Cleaned Skyrim SE Textures) it works OK.

image.thumb.png.c1658cbe7bd14387ad8c5f9af588cd80.png

This happens with the latest Alpha-29 version? Are you sure you updated it? I tried with the first  three mods and it all worked.

Do not post screenshots of text. Post the logs as explained on the first post.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

What tree mod are you using?

Include the non debug log as well when posting.

I am using Skyrim Flora Overhaul 2.72D

Together with the Pine01 Fix for ENB and the 3D LOD Trees for 2.72D

TexGen_Log (I don't know why the timestamp is wrong in the first line, but this is the log which was created together with the debug log)

Edited by PRieST

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Are you sure you updated it?

On review, I am not sure. Sorry for wasting time, I'll install properly and try this again.

[EDIT] you are quite right - alpha-29 works fine for TexGen64 on my full LO. So sorry for the false bug report.

Edited by SteveTownsend