DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

First, you are right about SFO, you are a living legend https://prnt.sc/z99v11. It seems it removes that tree? Version is 2.5b uploaded in 13 Jan 2021. 

What the holy cow is the mod doing by deleting base records. Well that explains the problems and error messages. Ignore those billboard not found messages in DynDOLOD for now. Obviously delete trees can not have any. I will have to check if this is OK behavior by the mod and update some code to deal with that accordngly.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to solve my issue. I was right to (a) put the file in Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/Rules and (b) only regenerate the dynamic LOD, right?

Yes, the file should be at ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Rules\DynDOLOD_SSE_ocslotd5patchesp.ini

Set Notices=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Start DynDOLOD, and click either low, medium or high.

The message log should show these 3 lines among other rules that are loaded:

Assuming the plugin names have not been changed.

Then generate dynamic LOD.

Sorry, I jumped the gun on the test, as I need to wait in game for about 10 seconds before it happens.

The issue happens in 3.0 only with dynamic object generation selected... regardless of whether or not I am using the DLL+ overwrite scripts or not; there is no difference.  The issue doesn't occur if I am using 2.9 with dynamic object generation enabled  and does not occur in 3.0 unless I check dynamic object generation.

The camp itself is added by alternate start.  But embers XD and Better dynamic snow do I believe change what they'd look like by default.  Looks great when I start a new or load the game

Let me know the form id of the tent added by alternate start.

Found it. Issue will be fixed in the next alpha version.

Edited by sheson

I wonder for nothing since I am too dumb to be able to fix things myself. So, here it comes.

First, you are right about SFO, you are a living legend https://prnt.sc/z99v11. It seems it removes that tree? Version is 2.5b uploaded in 13 Jan 2021. 

Second,....dead01.nif doesn't exist in that path, only 03 05: https://prnt.sc/z9agqv

TexGen SSE Tree Billboards.txt

Thank you. Meanwhile I am also trying to fix an "Unresolved FormID" from a Heljjsjdaijdias Farm mod that was already posted here in the forum, so I am xediting myself out of it.  Hopefully  ::D:

What the holy cow is the mod doing by deleting base records. Well that explains the problems and error messages. Ignore those billboard not found messages in DynDOLOD for now. Obviously delete trees can not have any. I will have to check if this is OK behavior by the mod and update some code to deal with that accordngly.

This doesn't happen with version 2.72D of Skyrim Flora OVerhaul.

This must be related to the 'SFO No grass FOMOD (older version - fan favorite) v2.5b' version, which was uploaded in january.

Edited by PRieST

This doesn't happen with version 2.72D of Skyrim Flora OVerhaul.

This must be related to the 'SFO No grass FOMOD (older version - fan favorite) v2.5b' version, which was uploaded in january.

Yeah it is. That plugin should be cleaned, but otherwise it seems valid to delete a base record... for whatever reason. Next alpha version deals with that accordingly.

• +1 1

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Previews of some pre-rendered Whiterun object LOD textures that TexGen can now update automatically. They are set to scale 2x, so if the texture size drop down is 256, they are already 512x512

I have to post this agian:

Wait wait wait, do I understand this correct, that these textures are would also be generated with TexGen/DynDOLOD now?! I tried so often to stich these textures together with Photoshop so they'll fit to all my used textures... But I failed so often. This is absolutely great to read! Thanks for this

If I use the preview with TexGen Alpha 28, it crashes because it couldn't load a specific cubemap.dds.

I think it's related to Quality Cubemaps, because the resolution is much higher? In this case it was caused by the cubemap from Skyrim HD. This one has also a higher resolution than vanilla.

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Error processing textures\cubemaps\Bronze_e.dds Access violation at address 00007FFE8F7985FE in module 'nvoglv64.dll'.

[Content]
Read of address 000000006F740000.

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

TexGen_Debug_Log

I don't know if this happens also while generating textures.

Edited by PRieST

1 hour ago, PRieST said:

If I use the preview with TexGen Alpha 28, it crashes because it couldn't load a specific cubemap.dds.

I think it's related to Quality Cubemaps, because the resolution is much higher? In this case it was caused by the cubemap from Skyrim HD. This one has also a higher resolution than vanilla.

Thanks for logfiles. Alpha-29 fixes that.

• +1 1

Dyndolod is taking a very long time to generate lod. When I'm not using grass lod it usually takes less then 20 min to generate lod on high and now its taking hours to generate lod. I lowerd the games settings and it still takes forever. I really don't know what to do. My PC specs are Ryzen 7 3700x, 2080 super, 16 gb ram and 1 tb ssd. 

modlist.txt

33 minutes ago, big_dick_kick said:

Dyndolod is taking a very long time to generate lod. When I'm not using grass lod it usually takes less then 20 min to generate lod on high and now its taking hours to generate lod. I lowerd the games settings and it still takes forever. I really don't know what to do. My PC specs are Ryzen 7 3700x, 2080 super, 16 gb ram and 1 tb ssd. 

modlist.txt 7.08 kB · 0 downloads

Check the FAQ. Use search. See the first post what logfile to provide. Use modwatch if you want to provide a modlist.

Hello there,

Saw some updated possible settings for the alpha for Enhanced Vanilla Trees on the Nexus, and tried them with fairly stunning results. Texgen HD trees, on High rules Ultra, then setting tree rules to Full for LOD 4, 8 and 16, and FarFull. It looked amazing but took a really long time to generate and performance is hit pretty hard. On an RTX 2070s 8g.  I'm trying now without Full/FarFull but wondering if there is some interim setting that would get things looking as good with a bit less of a performance hit. I saw the performance read on the grass lods, but thinking the trees were the really big hit.

Edited by Wolfpack49

40 minutes ago, Wolfpack49 said:

Hello there,

Saw some updated possible settings for the alpha for Enhanced Vanilla Trees on the Nexus, and tried them with fairly stunning results. Texgen HD trees, on High rules Ultra, then setting tree rules to Full for LOD 4, 8 and 16, and FarFull. It looked amazing but took a really long time to generate and performance is hit pretty hard. On an RTX 2070s 8g.  I'm trying now without Full/FarFull but wondering if there is some interim setting that would get things looking as good with a bit less of a performance hit. I saw the performance read on the grass lods, but thinking the trees were the really big hit.

If you do the rather insane setup of setting full models for LOD level 4,8, and 16 there is obviously no point in generating or having any billboards. 

Obviously that silly setup was already possible since ever ultra tree LOD was added years ago.

29 minutes ago, SteveTownsend said:

In alpha-29 texgen64 still exists without warning for me, apparently on the third texture. Log is empty and screen hard to capture. If I can get more info for you let me know.

If you know the LOD texture it is trying to render we can manually determine the used textures, then you could check the mods changing them and I could try to replicate.

It renders textures in the order below. Check which textures were generated in the TexGen output folder. Then let me know which is the last in the list that was generated and and its  *_n.dds it look OK when loaded in an appropriate viewer. I can  the let you know the list of full textures that are required to render the next in the list.

TexGen_Output\Textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01dawnguardcastle01lod.dds
TexGen_Output\Textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01dawnguardcastle02lod.dds
TexGen_Output\Textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01seruinslod01.dds
TexGen_Output\Textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01seruinslod02.dds
TexGen_Output\Textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01seruinslod03.dds
TexGen_Output\Textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01_castleextlod01.dds
TexGen_Output\Textures\dlc01\lod\seruinswindowslod.dds
TexGen_Output\Textures\dlc02\lod\dlc2dweruins01_lod.dds
TexGen_Output\Textures\dlc02\lod\dlc2dweruins02_lod.dds
TexGen_Output\Textures\dlc02\lod\dlc2dwewall01lod.dds
TexGen_Output\Textures\lod\bridge01lod.dds
TexGen_Output\Textures\lod\dweobservatoryexteriordomelod.dds