DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, TFVgen said:

Ran into an Item not found error, the faq tells me to post here for help.

Full error message: 

Item not found while processing Dragonborn.esm [REFR:0401740E] (places DLC2DwePlatBgCorOut01 [STAT:0401F151] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DLC2NchardakExterior04 [CELL:0400EEA8] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at 20,9))
Error: Item not found while processing Dragonborn.esm [REFR:0401740E] (places DLC2DwePlatBgCorOut01 [STAT:0401F151] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DLC2NchardakExterior04 [CELL:0400EEA8] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at 20,9))

Am using Dyndolod 3 alpha.

Logs annexed.

Debug_log file is 80 mb of text, I'm not uploading that sorry.

bugreport.txt 205.54 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 2.43 MB · 0 downloads

Always use the latest version as explained in the first post.

If problem persist upload new log, debug and bugreport.txt if it exists. Zip and upload large log files to a file service as explained in the first post.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Always use the latest version as explained in the first post.

If problem persist upload new log, debug and bugreport.txt if it exists. Zip and upload large log files to a file service as explained in the first post.

Ran the tool again without changing anything and had no errors, but there's a problem that persists a lot in my load order which is grass that is about 2~3 times brighter than regular non-LOD grass, a floating object close to the guard tower where you fight the first dragon in Whiterun and also the LOD on Whiterun's exteriors not unloading (already did the things suggested in the FAQ, enabled dynamic LOD when generating and I have no uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 setting in Skyrim.ini, setting uLargeRefLODGridSize to 5 didn't help either, granted, there was no flickering to begin with as Whiterun's LOD is larger than it's actual model), all these issues are illustrated in this album: https://imgur.com/a/gWUTSW2

Modlist:https://pastebin.com/DRMA9MzE

Other Logs: https://ufile.io/f/qtanx

bugreport.txt

1 hour ago, TFVgen said:

Ran the tool again without changing anything and had no errors, but there's a problem that persists a lot in my load order which is grass that is about 2~3 times brighter than regular non-LOD grass, a floating object close to the guard tower where you fight the first dragon in Whiterun and also the LOD on Whiterun's exteriors not unloading (already did the things suggested in the FAQ, enabled dynamic LOD when generating and I have no uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 setting in Skyrim.ini, setting uLargeRefLODGridSize to 5 didn't help either, granted, there was no flickering to begin with as Whiterun's LOD is larger than it's actual model), all these issues are illustrated in this album: https://imgur.com/a/gWUTSW2

Modlist:https://pastebin.com/DRMA9MzE

Other Logs: https://ufile.io/f/qtanx

bugreport.txt 205.54 kB · 0 downloads

You can delete the bugreport.txt. It is the same as before.

Always use the latest version. There is no point testing old versions or report problems that might already be fixed.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Settings
In case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), try different Direct/Ambient settings for grass LOD billboards in TexGen. In addition or alternatively change the GrassBrightnessTop* and GrassBrightnessBottom* settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini - those settings help if the color tone is off. Especially the image based lighting effect from ENB has a big impact on the brightness and color tone of the grass LOD.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots
When making screenshots of things in the game, open console and click the object in question to show its reference form ID.
Use Mfg Console or More Informative Console to show additional information when opening the console and clicking an object.
If the form ID points to a DynDOLOD plugin, load the plugin into xEdit and look up the reference. Take note of the Editor ID, which is typically of the format plugniname_formID for the source plugin and reference.
Note that tree LOD or object LOD does not have a form ID. To determine if something is LOD, toggle LOD on/off with tll in console. In that case, also walk close to an object, so its reference with the full model is loaded in order to gets its form ID.

Post the plugin/form id of the out of place objects or if they are object LOD that goes away with tll. In that case try to get closer until the full model loads.

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

Note that tree LOD or object LOD does not have a form ID. To determine if something is LOD, toggle LOD on/off with tll in console. In that case, also walk close to an object, so its reference with the full model is loaded in order to gets its form ID.

Post the plugin/form id of the object or if it is object LOD that goes away.

Here's the thing, this object is floating in both ugrids and LOD space (or whatever you call them), in ugrids space it definitely has a form ID (that I can disable with console too if I want, in which case the object only appears as LOD) and the LOD doesn't like you said, I remember that it pointed Dyndolod as reference, I'll have to open the game and screenshot this additional info though.

In regards to grass, do I need to run Dyndolod again after regenerating TexGen? Because it takes almost 2 hours to do it's thing, and my pc is not a potato by any means either.

Another thing, does updating Dyndolod comes with any caveat? Do I just overwrite it's tool's files?

Edited by TFVgen

30 minutes ago, TFVgen said:

Here's the thing, this object is floating in both ugrids and LOD space (or whatever you call them), in ugrids space it definitely has a form ID (that I can disable with console too if I want, in which case the object only appears as LOD) and the LOD doesn't like you said, I remember that it pointed Dyndolod as reference, I'll have to open the game and screenshot this additional info though.

In regards to grass, do I need to run Dyndolod again after regenerating TexGen? Because it takes almost 2 hours to do it's thing, and my pc is not a potato by any means either.

Another thing, does updating Dyndolod comes with any caveat? Do I just overwrite it's tool's files?

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Updating
In case only the grass textures have been changed or different settings in TexGen are used, update the grass LOD billboards with TexGen, install the TexGen output, then start DynDOLOD in expert mode, select the desired worldspace and click the Rebuild Atlas button. Then merge the new output with the existing output, overwriting all older files.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Updating if you plan to update an existing save.

29 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Updating
In case only the grass textures have been changed or different settings in TexGen are used, update the grass LOD billboards with TexGen, install the TexGen output, then start DynDOLOD in expert mode, select the desired worldspace and click the Rebuild Atlas button. Then merge the new output with the existing output, overwriting all older files.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Updating if you plan to update an existing save.

7F5nHen.png

Whiterun LOD won't go away even with tll, note the floating object here is gone since it's LOD that was loaded at this distance.

10V8i8N.png

Info on this persistent LOD model.

G8kZx54.png

Info on that floating object persistent LOD model.

lW3oQva.png

The LOD model viewed from afar has no form ID (used tfc to get close obviously).

If I delete all content inside my Dyndolod (the tool, not the output) folder and extract the updated version there will it cause issues then?

8 hours ago, TFVgen said:

7F5nHen.png

Whiterun LOD won't go away even with tll, note the floating object here is gone since it's LOD that was loaded at this distance.

10V8i8N.png

Info on this persistent LOD model.

G8kZx54.png

Info on that floating object persistent LOD model.

lW3oQva.png

The LOD model viewed from afar has no form ID (used tfc to get close obviously).

If I delete all content inside my Dyndolod (the tool, not the output) folder and extract the updated version there will it cause issues then?

Find out the source for these objects as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots
If the form ID points to a DynDOLOD plugin, load the plugin into xEdit and look up the reference. Take note of the Editor ID, which is typically of the format plugniname_formID for the source plugin and reference.

Let me know if help is required with this step.

7 hours ago, sheson said:

Find out the source for these objects as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots

Let me know if help is required with this step.

What do you mean point to a Dyndolod plugin? As in a Dyndolod esp/esm? In the image it seems to point to both it's esm and esp for base and reference, don't know which of those is the relevant one so which should I open in SSEEdit?

1 hour ago, TFVgen said:

What do you mean point to a Dyndolod plugin? As in a Dyndolod esp/esm? In the image it seems to point to both it's esm and esp for base and reference, don't know which of those is the relevant one so which should I open in SSEEdit?

"When making screenshots of things in the game, open console and click the object in question to show its reference form ID."

Without the More Informative Console mod, clicking an object with console open shows only the reference form id of the object and nothing else.

"If the form ID points to a DynDOLOD plugin, load the plugin into xEdit and look up the reference. Take note of the Editor ID, which is typically of the format plugniname_formID for the source plugin and reference."

The first two (in case of ESL the first 5) digits are the load order ID of the plugin that add the reference. Only ESM, ESP, ESL plugins can contain form IDs. So the first two digits of the reference form ID point us to the plugin which adds the reference. From the More Informative Console screenshot we already know it is DynDOLOD.esp.

The instructions specifically say to "look up the reference".

With the latest 3.00 alpha 92 (22nd May 2022), distant lights and window glows do not appear unless I deactivate and reactivate DynDOLOD using the MCM menu. So if I stand on top of the Western Watchtower at night, the lights of Whiterun and High Hrogthar and the fort nearby do not appear, unless I switch DynDOLOD on and off. Everything else seems to work fine, though.

@sheson I'm trying to decipher the meaning of this message summary. The textures and models are present in my LO. I am using complex grass texture replacers for CL grasses im my LO but no premade billboards.

Outdated Billboards

Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\ferngrass01a.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\ferngrass01a.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FernGrass01aLight_NoGrass [GRAS:2200088E]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\ferngrassff.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\ferngrassff.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FernGrassFF [GRAS:22005940]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\ferngrassff.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\ferngrassff.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FernGrassFF_D [GRAS:22000848]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\ferngrassff.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\ferngrassff.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FernGrassFF_NoGrass [GRAS:220008AA]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\ffgrass01.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\ffgrass01.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FFGrass01 [GRAS:22005942]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\ffgrass01.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\ffgrass01.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FFGrass01_L [GRAS:22000836]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\ffgrass01.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\ffgrass01.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FFGrass01_NoGrass [GRAS:220008AB]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\ffgrass03.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\ffgrass03.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FFGrass03 [GRAS:22005941]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\ffgrass03.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\ffgrass03.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FFGrass03_NoGrass [GRAS:220008AC]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrass01a.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrassobj01a.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrass01a_NoGrass [GRAS:2200088F]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (1).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (1).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_1 [GRAS:22000DB2]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (1).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (1).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_1_NoGrass [GRAS:220008A0]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (10).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (10).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_10_L [GRAS:2200080B]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (11).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (11).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_11 [GRAS:22000DBC]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (11).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (11).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_11_NoGrass [GRAS:220008A1]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (14).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (14).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_14 [GRAS:22000D95]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (14).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (14).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_14_NoGrass [GRAS:220008A2]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (15).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (15).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_15 [GRAS:220008B4]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (15).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (15).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_15_NoGrass [GRAS:220008A3]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (16).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (16).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_16 [GRAS:22000D97]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (16).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (16).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_16_NoGrass [GRAS:220008A4]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (17).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (17).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_17 [GRAS:22000D98]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (8).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (8).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_8_L [GRAS:22000808]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (9).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (9).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_9 [GRAS:22000DBA]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (9).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (9).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_9_L [GRAS:22000809]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (9).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\fieldgrasstu (9).dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp FieldGrassTU_9_NoGrass [GRAS:220008A5]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\icegrass (10).nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\icegrass10.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp _ICEGrass_10 [GRAS:2200081A]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\icegrassw11.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\icegrass11.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp _ICEGrass_11 [GRAS:2200594D]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\icegrassw12.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\icegrass12.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp _ICEGrass_12 [GRAS:22000831]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\icegrassw13.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\icegrass13.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp _ICEGrass_13 [GRAS:22000847]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\icegrassw14.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\icegrass14.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp _ICEGrass_14 [GRAS:2200084A]
Warning: Billboard for model Meshes\landscape\grass\icegrassw9.nif does not contain texture textures\landscape\grass\icegrassw9.dds Cathedral Landscapes.esp IceGrassW_9_L [GRAS:22000D92]

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Debug log

5 hours ago, aymanalaz said:

With the latest 3.00 alpha 92 (22nd May 2022), distant lights and window glows do not appear unless I deactivate and reactivate DynDOLOD using the MCM menu. So if I stand on top of the Western Watchtower at night, the lights of Whiterun and High Hrogthar and the fort nearby do not appear, unless I switch DynDOLOD on and off. Everything else seems to work fine, though.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.
Test with a new game. If that works, redo the clean save routine.

4 hours ago, z929669 said:

@sheson I'm trying to decipher the meaning of this message summary. The textures and models are present in my LO. I am using complex grass texture replacers for CL grasses im my LO but no premade billboards.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 904.54 kB · 1 download

Debug log

The billboard txt contains a list of the texture filenames and their CRC32 when the billboard is generated with TexGen.

DynDOLOD checks which textures a NIF defines. The texture filename is not listed in the currently installed billboard txt.

Typically that should only happen if the NIF changes between the time the billboard was generated and DynDOLOD is executed.

Check what texture(s) are listed in one of the billboard txt and also check the TexGen log for warnings or error.
 It could also mean something went wrong when the billboard was generated.

Hi Everyone 

I'm following Lexy's LOTD guide https://lexyslotd.com/guide/finishing-line/ but I can't seem to get DynDOLOD to work. I'm starting it up with the settings recommended in the guide:

unknown.png

But I'm getting all sorts of errors. In particular it seems to be Occlusion Error and LODgen error when DynDOLOD stops working but there are other errors as well:

[16:05] <Error: Occlusion generation aborted due to LODGen error>
[16:06] DynDOLOD plugins generated successfully
[16:06] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for mannyGFDesert. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD Special Edition\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_mannyGFDesert_log.txt>

I was going to attach the logs but there's loads of them and I'm not sure which ones are relevant, sorry. I can post any that you guys might think will help diagnose the problem though.

I've disabled my windows anti-virus and I don't have any other anti-virus so I don't think that can be causing the issue. 

I've tried asking for help in Lexy's Discord but she's directed me here. I'm really hoping you guys can help as it's driving me nuts to go through this long guide and fail at the final hurdle :help:.

thanks!

2 hours ago, BigBeef said:

Hi Everyone 

I'm following Lexy's LOTD guide https://lexyslotd.com/guide/finishing-line/ but I can't seem to get DynDOLOD to work. I'm starting it up with the settings recommended in the guide:

unknown.png

But I'm getting all sorts of errors. In particular it seems to be Occlusion Error and LODgen error when DynDOLOD stops working but there are other errors as well:

[16:05] <Error: Occlusion generation aborted due to LODGen error>
[16:06] DynDOLOD plugins generated successfully
[16:06] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for mannyGFDesert. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD Special Edition\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_mannyGFDesert_log.txt>

I was going to attach the logs but there's loads of them and I'm not sure which ones are relevant, sorry. I can post any that you guys might think will help diagnose the problem though.

I've disabled my windows anti-virus and I don't have any other anti-virus so I don't think that can be causing the issue. 

I've tried asking for help in Lexy's Discord but she's directed me here. I'm really hoping you guys can help as it's driving me nuts to go through this long guide and fail at the final hurdle :help:.

thanks!

I moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

The first post explains which log files to upload. The message itself explains which LODGen log file to check in particular.

If there was a message pop-up and/or the summary opened it should open/point to the corresponding help page for LODGen:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/LODGen
25B Error accessing ...
There is a problem reading the mentioned *.NIF. Try to reinstall the file or mod from its download archive. Run the *.NIF through Cathedral Assets Optimizer. If the file opens without error in NifSkope, make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum and upload the *.NIF or provide a link to the mod etc.

Again, check the mentioned log file for details.