DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

18 minutes ago, PRieST said:

Hm, seems that DynDOLOD is not working as supposed to with Alpha-70.
I know how long it takes normally until finished. On my end it is about 45-60 minutes.
At the moment a run is ongoing, but it seems, that the process won't finish. It's lasting 1 hour and 40 minutes now without any progress. The process itself is not stuck, though, but this never happened before.
Is it possible that somehow the installation messed up? I just changed the .exe files and corresponding files instead of deleting the old files. Or could this be something else? I've gotten no errors until now so I can't provide any bugreport.logs, just the normal logs. If I would force kill the process now, could you make use of the generated logs?

dyndolodalpha70.png

Edit: I just killed it now and reinstall and start over. Never the less, here are the logfiles from that run, in case there is in error: Download

Keep an eye on memory usage and maybe set OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=1 in the DynDOLOD INI as explained on  https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data

I think I will set that value automatically if Grass LOD is generated as well.

'Memory comsumption' was normal as with every other alpha version before (between 7 to 8 GB). Maybe I did messed up with just copying the new files.

I'll check the ini setting you mentioned if my second run also doesn't finish correctly. I never changed this value, was using the default setting all the time.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

I moved your post to the the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

If you look at a few of the posts above, then you will see that Alpha-70 should fix that problem.

In case it doesn't, upload the log and debug log as explained in the first post.

Yep, that fixed it, thanks a lot.

Having an issue with TexGen that's just started now with Alpha 70 (Alpha 69 and lower all work well):

[Main Instruction]
Texconv error 80070002.

[Content]
"C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim SE\tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -aw 256 -m 1 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\terrain\lodgen\cathedral landscapes.esp" -flist "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\Texconv_295_2.txt"

It's always happening on a different billboard though, but always very late in the process. This is another example, on a successive run.

[Content]
"C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim SE\tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -aw 256 -m 1 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\terrain\lodgen\cathedral landscapes.esp" -flist "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\Texconv_300_1.txt"

Log excerpt (as I said, it's always a different .nif):

[01:43]     Creating billboard D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treeaspen06_0007614a with Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen06.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen06 [TREE:0007614A]
[01:44]  FAILED (80070002: The system cannot find the file specified.)
[01:44] Error: Texconv error 80070002 "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim SE\tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -aw 256 -m 1 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\terrain\lodgen\cathedral landscapes.esp" -flist "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\Texconv_300_1.txt"

I have tried disabling Windows Defender, adding more rules, but nothing fixes it. Reverting to an older version of DynDOLOD, as I mentioned above, works without fail (tried 69, 68 and 66).

1 hour ago, PRieST said:

'Memory comsumption' was normal as with every other alpha version before (between 7 to 8 GB). Maybe I did messed up with just copying the new files.

I'll check the ini setting you mentioned if my second run also doesn't finish correctly. I never changed this value, was using the default setting all the time.

51 minutes ago, DarkladyLexy said:

It been nearly 2 hours and DynDOLOD hasn't even finished I know DynDOLOD takes awhile but it usually done in about 45 mins for me not 2 hours.

Yes, I think something "broke" Occlusion generation reading object LOD meshes so it takes forever. Will be fixed in Alpha-71 ASAP.

21 minutes ago, adancau said:

Having an issue with TexGen that's just started now with Alpha 70 (Alpha 69 and lower all work well):

[Main Instruction]
Texconv error 80070002.

[Content]
"C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim SE\tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -aw 256 -m 1 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\terrain\lodgen\cathedral landscapes.esp" -flist "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\Texconv_295_2.txt"

It's always happening on a different billboard though, but always very late in the process. This is another example, on a successive run.

[Content]
"C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim SE\tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -aw 256 -m 1 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\terrain\lodgen\cathedral landscapes.esp" -flist "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\Texconv_300_1.txt"

Log excerpt (as I said, it's always a different .nif):

[01:43]     Creating billboard D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treeaspen06_0007614a with Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen06.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen06 [TREE:0007614A]
[01:44]  FAILED (80070002: The system cannot find the file specified.)
[01:44] Error: Texconv error 80070002 "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim SE\tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -aw 256 -m 1 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\terrain\lodgen\cathedral landscapes.esp" -flist "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\Texconv_300_1.txt"

I have tried disabling Windows Defender, adding more rules, but nothing fixes it. Reverting to an older version of DynDOLOD, as I mentioned above, works without fail (tried 69, 68 and 66).

There is really nothing a program (in this case both TexConv can do about the OS or antivir  denying write access. I mean if a program could circumvent it it would be malicious.

Texconv.exe didn't change since December. The way TexGen uses to build convert textures did not change since Alpha-66.

If the same setup and paths work with Alpha-66 to Alpha-69 I can not really suggest anything else but to hope the next version has different byte code again so it won't trigger anything.

12 minutes ago, DarkladyLexy said:

I have a log it that will help?

No need. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, sheson said:

If the same setup and paths work with Alpha-66 to Alpha-69 I can not really suggest anything else but to hope the next version has different byte code again so it won't trigger anything.

Will post an update re: behavior on the next Alpha. Thanks.

Edited by adancau

1 hour ago, PRieST said:

55 minutes ago, DarkladyLexy said:

It been nearly 2 hours and DynDOLOD hasn't even finished I know DynDOLOD takes awhile but it usually done in about 45 mins for me not 2 hours.

Fixed in Alpha-71

Tried TexGen again with Alpha 71. The only difference is that it now fails much faster than before (within the first 30s). Same error, different billboard each time.

EDIT: Replaced TexGenx64.exe from A71 with the one from A69, and the issue goes away.

Edited by adancau

2 hours ago, adancau said:

Tried TexGen again with Alpha 71. The only difference is that it now fails much faster than before (within the first 30s). Same error, different billboard each time.

EDIT: Replaced TexGenx64.exe from A71 with the one from A69, and the issue goes away.

Out of curiosity try this:

Check what happens if you unpack DynDOLOD into C:\DynDOLOD\ and start it from there.

Generate to the default output folder inside the c:\DynDOLOD\ folder

Start TexGen with -T:"C:\DynDOLOD\temp\" command line argument to set a custom temp path.

3 hours ago, adancau said:

Is there somewhere I can obtain the archived versions. Tex Gen has been giving me the same headache. TexGen crashes after roughly 30 secondes with a different billboard each time. I've also verified that the billboards are installed, and they are. I was not having this issue on Alpha 69. However, I no longer have the download for Alpha 69.