DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

12 hours ago, sheson said:

Why would you save between tests and then load that save for the next test when testing mods?

For quick LOD testing, simply coc whiterun form main menu.

Or keep loading  the same save that was cleaned or never saw DynDOLOD output before.

True, thats even better! Will use "coc location" next time! Thanks!

Im new to using DYNDOLOD, but its been working fine so far, but I just changed a texture mod overhaul type thingy for Whiterun that came with a wip lods (the only thing i've changed or added) TEXGEN ran fine, but when i try to run DYNDOLOD it gets so far and then this pops up 

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Can not resolve large reference in Skyrim.esm for cell [49,-13] in Reference #12 for Skyrim.esm SkuldafnWorld "Skuldafn" [WRLD:000278DD]

[Content]

Help for this message

FIX THE ERROR as explained in the help OR PERMANENTLY REMOVE THE BROKEN PLUGIN.
Ignore wrong "advice" to only temporarily disable plugins.
Do not try to circumvent the error message, FIX THE ERROR instead.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

I don't know what any of that means, so not sure what i have to replace or fix? the help didn't really..er..help, so can anyone point me in the right direction please?

25 minutes ago, backudog said:

Im new to using DYNDOLOD, but its been working fine so far, but I just changed a texture mod overhaul type thingy for Whiterun that came with a wip lods (the only thing i've changed or added) TEXGEN ran fine, but when i try to run DYNDOLOD it gets so far and then this pops up 

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Can not resolve large reference in Skyrim.esm for cell [49,-13] in Reference #12 for Skyrim.esm SkuldafnWorld "Skuldafn" [WRLD:000278DD]

[Content]

Help for this message

FIX THE ERROR as explained in the help OR PERMANENTLY REMOVE THE BROKEN PLUGIN.
Ignore wrong "advice" to only temporarily disable plugins.
Do not try to circumvent the error message, FIX THE ERROR instead.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

I don't know what any of that means, so not sure what i have to replace or fix? the help didn't really..er..help, so can anyone point me in the right direction please?

You are participating in the DynDOLOD 3 alpha test.

Read the first post. Pay attention to the part In case of error messages, click "Help for this message" if available, which will open ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Unresolved.html. Read that help file.

There might be an edited/corrupt Skyrim.esm in the load order. Verifying the game files in Steam might help restoring the plugin.

In case further help to solve the issue is needed, read the first post what log files to upload when making posts.

1 hour ago, Mirx said:

Hi, i've just tested the latest version of DynDOLOD (40) with the new version of DynDOLOD Resources SE(12) and im getting this error, and i don't know what to do :(

Read the first post which log files to include when making post.

Do not make screenshots of text. Use Copy message to clipboard and paste the message instead.

Edit: I was able to replicate. Will post a new version ASAP.

Hi. I have one of those Unresolved FormIDs errors when generating DynDOLOD.
The problem is that I don't have any error in my Load Order; I am a Wabbajack Modlist developper and thus have a Method Patched list that I carefully update.
Today I updated DynDOLOD and it flagged new mods that it didnt flag before as "Broken", and they come as is, I did not modify them.
The detected mods are:

- Away - Come Away

- G.R.I.M

I didn't try to go further to solve them as I have no wish to do so, those mods work as is, scripts are the only thing I do not touch in Skyrim Modding, I won't start now because you tell me to fix mods.

I don't know what kind of reasoning is behind the choice of gatekeeping users from your tool, like, cool you make one of the niftiest tools on SE Nexus, but that doesn't allow you to judge what mods are and aren't "broken".
I cannot simply toggle them off because they're required for my patches which are required for a correct Lod Generation.

I'd love it to be removed, maybe have warnings for broken mods if you really want to help users. Atleast a flag like xEdit's "-IKnowWhatImDoing" which would bypass that flag; would be of use.
I am completely speachless of this decision.

29 minutes ago, Sovn said:

Hi. I have one of those Unresolved FormIDs errors when generating DynDOLOD.
The problem is that I don't have any error in my Load Order; I am a Wabbajack Modlist developper and thus have a Method Patched list that I carefully update.
Today I updated DynDOLOD and it flagged new mods that it didnt flag before as "Broken", and they come as is, I did not modify them.
The detected mods are:

- Away - Come Away

- G.R.I.M

I didn't try to go further to solve them as I have no wish to do so, those mods work as is, scripts are the only thing I do not touch in Skyrim Modding, I won't start now because you tell me to fix mods.

I don't know what kind of reasoning is behind the choice of gatekeeping users from your tool, like, cool you make one of the niftiest tools on SE Nexus, but that doesn't allow you to judge what mods are and aren't "broken".
I cannot simply toggle them off because they're required for my patches which are required for a correct Lod Generation.

I'd love it to be removed, maybe have warnings for broken mods if you really want to help users. Atleast a flag like xEdit's "-IKnowWhatImDoing" which would bypass that flag; would be of use.
I am completely speachless of this decision.

Unresolved Form ID is an error reported by the xEdit error check.
Such errors prevent the DynDOLOD process from working as intended. Also, unresolved form IDs can cause CTD or other errors in the game or mean things are not working as intended.

If you believe the xEdit error check is making wrong reports about errors, I suggest to make a bug report on the xEdit discord.

If you believe DynDOLOD is making a wrong error report, see the first post what logfile to include when making posts.

If you need help fixing errors in plugins or the load order, see the first post what logfiles to include when making posts and ask qualified questions about it.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-40/?do=findComment&comment=249961

22 minutes ago, sheson said:

Unresolved Form ID is an error reported by the xEdit error check.
Such errors prevent the DynDOLOD process from working as intended. Also, unresolved form IDs can cause CTD or other errors in the game or mean things are not working as intended.

If you believe the xEdit error check is making wrong reports about errors, I suggest to make a bug report on the xEdit discord.

If you believe DynDOLOD is making a wrong error report, see the first post what logfile to include when making posts.

If you need help fixing errors in plugins or the load order, see the first post what logfiles to include when making posts and ask qualified questions about it.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-40/?do=findComment&comment=249961

I do not believe any of the tools used is making a mistake by reporting the error. I am syaing the error is not the end of the world.
Those mods work; countless users have done them an uncountable amount of time. They've been in my Load Order forever. Heck, even the vanilla esms have countless errors, and cleaning esms is still a debatable topic in the community.
I am not saying the reports are wrong; I just want the ability to ignore them, because they should be ignored. (Also all the ones I found are on activators, which to my understanding do not interfere with DynDOLOD to run)

I do not need help to solve those errors, I already solved many, many bugs in my list as I am a modlist developper for Wabbajack.

Edited by Sovn

37 minutes ago, Sovn said:

I do not believe any of the tools used is making a mistake by reporting the error. I am syaing the error is not the end of the world.
Those mods work; countless users have done them an uncountable amount of time. They've been in my Load Order forever. Heck, even the vanilla esms have countless errors, and cleaning esms is still a debatable topic in the community.
I am not saying the reports are wrong; I just want the ability to ignore them, because they should be ignored. (Also all the ones I found are on activators, which to my understanding do not interfere with DynDOLOD to run)

I do not need help to solve those errors, I already solved many, many bugs in my list as I am a modlist developper for Wabbajack.

Great. Seems everything is working as it is supposed to be then.

21 minutes ago, sheson said:

Great. Seems everything is working as it is supposed to be then.

Very sad to see a prominent tool dev simply ignoring people's concerns.

I'm totally not recommending you to implement a similar "if error detected, ask to ignore Yes/No"; something to bypass the error, something I can tell you've already implemented for another piece of your software but it's good to decide which mods are usable with your tool or not.

24 minutes ago, Sovn said:

Very sad to see a prominent tool dev simply ignoring people's concerns.

I'm totally not recommending you to implement a similar "if error detected, ask to ignore Yes/No"; something to bypass the error, something I can tell you've already implemented for another piece of your software but it's good to decide which mods are usable with your tool or not.

Who is saying I am ignoring anything? This is an alpha test still in development.

You were notified about errors in plugins.
You verified that the error reports were valid.
You said you fixed the errors.

All that is left to do is send the fixes to the mod author so they can close some of those bug reports on the mentioned mods.

Do not post screenshots of text. Copy and paste the text instead.

22 minutes ago, BuddyKidd said:

In version Alpha 41 I notice that there is not a Preset folder and it seems like there are other files missing. Is that correct?

There never has been a Preset folder in any of the Alpha. Such folders are created on demand. What files do you believe are missing?

I'm running out of memory when generating lods with occlusion enabled using alpha-41. I saw taskmanager go over 29GB usage (32GB installed) and the system froze for a bit, then recovered. The full debug log is too large to upload, even zipped. But here are some lines from around the time this happened.

[08:40] 100%: [CELL:0400EE29] [15,13] water: 256, min: 5768, max: 7600, top: 9577
[08:40] Waiting for LODGenx64.exe generating object LOD for Tamriel.
[21:58] [Tamriel] Generating Pre-Computed Occlusion TVDT
[21:58] [Tamriel] Land height: -27000, Water height: -14000
[21:58] [Tamriel] LODsettings: Level 4 to 32 stride 256 from -96,-96 to 0,0
[21:58] [Tamriel] Gathering CELL records
[21:58] [Tamriel] Building height map from 11187 cell records
[21:59] [Tamriel] Updating height map from terrain LOD meshes
[22:01] [Tamriel] Updating height map from object LOD meshes
[23:34] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\Tamriel\objects\[08:40] 100%: [CELL:0400EE29] [15,13] water: 256, min: 5768, max: 7600, top: 9577
[08:40] Waiting for LODGenx64.exe generating object LOD for Tamriel.
[21:58] [Tamriel] Generating Pre-Computed Occlusion TVDT
[21:58] [Tamriel] Land height: -27000, Water height: -14000
[21:58] [Tamriel] LODsettings: Level 4 to 32 stride 256 from -96,-96 to 0,0
[21:58] [Tamriel] Gathering CELL records
[21:58] [Tamriel] Building height map from 11187 cell records
[21:59] [Tamriel] Updating height map from terrain LOD meshes
[22:01] [Tamriel] Updating height map from object LOD meshes
[23:34] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\Tamriel\objects\Tamriel.4.-28.28.bto": Error reading NIF block 34 BSSubIndexTriShape: Out of memory>
[23:34] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\Tamriel\objects\Tamriel.4.0.-8.bto": Error reading NIF block 109 BSSubIndexTriShape: Out of memory>
[29:52] [Tamriel] Calculating occlusion for 341 CELL records. Quality: 2 Adjust: 0 Mode: -TVDT -Flat +Border
[29:52]   0%: [CELL:00003D09] [0,37] water: -14000, min: -14000, max: -14000, top: -12600
[29:52]   0%: [CELL:000038E9] [10,37] water: -14000, min: -14000, max: -14000, top: -12786
[29:52]   0%: [CELL:000038E3] [16,37] water: -14000, min: -14000, max: -14000, top: -13976
": Error reading NIF block 34 BSSubIndexTriShape: Out of memory>
[23:34] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\Tamriel\objects\Tamriel.4.0.-8.bto": Error reading NIF block 109 BSSubIndexTriShape: Out of memory>
[29:52] [Tamriel] Calculating occlusion for 341 CELL records. Quality: 2 Adjust: 0 Mode: -TVDT -Flat +Border
[29:52]   0%: [CELL:00003D09] [0,37] water: -14000, min: -14000, max: -14000, top: -12600
[29:52]   0%: [CELL:000038E9] [10,37] water: -14000, min: -14000, max: -14000, top: -12786
[29:52]   0%: [CELL:000038E3] [16,37] water: -14000, min: -14000, max: -14000, top: -13976

I went and found the first file and it doesn't seem that large so I'm clueless as to why the system would suddenly exhaust all memory running this. Or is it that I shouldn't build occlusion data for tamriel, but only the child worlds?

Sorry for asking, but I changed from Vortex to MO2 and am finally getting around to placing DynDOLOD. I know in the right pane the esm should be towards the top and the esp at the bottom. The left pane is confusing me. I found a Reddit article where he said the order should be DynDOLOD Resources, then Textures, then Output. That doesn't sound right to me, but I'm still a little wary on the left pane. If it is correct, where should these be in the left pane? Towards the top? Bottom? Any assistance/advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: Just watched gamerpoet's video again and that is the order he shows, installing it after any tree mods I have. Doesn't seem right in my head, so I guess I need to bookmark that page and the manual for DynDOLOD since I can't seem to find what folder I placed it in. I don't know if that has changed any with the 3.00 version or not, so feel free to correct me if it has. Thanks.

Edited by skinjack