DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

9 hours ago, PRieST said:

Ok, so how do I solve the 'initally disabled' warnings, will I have to reenable them, even if they are disabled on purpose?

If this reference is Initially disabled with an enable state opposite to player and a z position of -30000 it should be "fixed" by DynDOLOD automatically. Check if it overwrites the record.

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

If this reference is Initially disabled with an enable state opposite to player and a z position of -30000 it should be "fixed" by DynDOLOD automatically. Check if it overwrites the record.

OK, I'll check it after generation. I hope some Samples are enough, because I have a lot of These warnings/records inside the plugins.

But most If the records should have the enable state an z-position you mentioned...at least as far as I can tell.

13 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Hey Sheson,

Just found out about Version 3! So of course I had to download it and try it out.

TexGen went without a hitch (one error)

However when trying to do the lod gen I got this message:  Load order FileID [32] can not be mapped to file FileID for file "DynDOLOD.esp". Can you tell me what this means exactly? Does it mean that load order esp (Blackthorn manor in this case) is causing the problem. If so, is there anything I can do about it myself?

Just in case, I have also uploaded the needed logs to Mega.

Thanks for any help/ info you can provided. And for your amazing work!

Download this test version see if it runs through without error. In case there still is an error upload the new bug report and log files.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Download this test version see if it runs through without error. In case there still is an error upload the new bug report and log files.

Worked like a charm! It finished the dyn lod generation without any errors. Thanks so much for the help.

One question though: I saw many warnings about large references ("<Warning: Overwritten large reference" and "<Warning: Initially disabled large reference in"). Should I be worried about those or did I do something wrong that would create them?

Edited by ButchDiavolo

19 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Worked like a charm! It finished the dyn lod generation without any errors. Thanks so much for the help.

One question though: I saw many warnings about large references. Should I be worried about those or did I do something wrong to create them?

Read:

..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html what certain log messages mean.
..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html "Skyrim Special Edition Visual Bugs and Oddities"
..\DynDOLOD\docs\SkyrimSELargeRefGrid\SkyrimSE-LargeRefGrid.html

These log message tell you which plugin(s) are visually incompatible with the Skyrim Special Edition large reference feature.

I would argue it is typically up to a mod author to make mods that do not cause well known/documented visual problems.

• Thanks 1

Another question concerning the overwritten large references:

Is it only fixable by setting the esm flag and use the Script, or could I do this manually?

I am aksing, because I have some plugins which are causing the warnings, but I can't change the loadorder and so can't set the flag.

44 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read:

..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html what certain log messages mean.
..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html "Skyrim Special Edition Visual Bugs and Oddities"
..\DynDOLOD\docs\SkyrimSELargeRefGrid\SkyrimSE-LargeRefGrid.html

These log message tell you which plugin(s) are visually incompatible with the Skyrim Special Edition large reference feature.

I would argue it is typically up to a mod author to make mods that do not cause well known/documented visual problems.

Hmm, ok. So, basically most of my mods are being listed in the warnings. And after reading the docs, I am not really sure what to do about the warnings. A combination of English not being my native tongue AND well... technicalities I have never dealt with before. (Well, not to exclude being blond). So for a "noob" in this case, what would you suggest I do to get rid of the warnings?

EDIT: Um... did I mention I am blond? I just saw the conversations you have been having with Priest and it seems I have the same issues as him/her. So I will try the script thingie.

Edited by ButchDiavolo

18 minutes ago, PRieST said:

Another question concerning the overwritten large references:

Is it only fixable by setting the esm flag and use the Script, or could I do this manually?

I am aksing, because I have some plugins which are causing the warnings, but I can't change the loadorder and so can't set the flag.

Only ESM flagged plugins can overwrite large references without triggering the bugs.

A solution would be to move all such overwrites out of the ESP into a ESM (can also be flagged ESL).

16 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Hmm, ok. So, basically most of my mods are being listed in the warnings. And after reading the docs, I am not really sure what to do about the warnings. A combination of English not being my native tongue AND well... technicalities I have never dealt with before. (Well, not to exclude being blond). So for a "noob" in this case, what would you suggest I do to get rid of the warnings?

As a user who is not fixing the plugins/mods you will just have to ignore the warnings. Large reference are a visual problem. The bugs are only visible when the large reference system is enabled via the launcher/INI setting.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, sheson said:

As a user who is not fixing the plugins/mods you will just have to ignore the warnings. Large reference are a visual problem. The bugs are only visible when the large reference system is enabled via the launcher/INI setting.

Well... Even I can do that! :biggrin: Thanks so much for your help. And keep up the good work

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

Only ESM flagged plugins can overwrite large references without triggering the bugs.

A solution would be to move all such overwrites out of the ESP into a ESM (can also be flagged ESL).

Thanks for the Info, seems I'll have a lot to do now.

Is there any Script, with which I could Filter such records via xEdit?

38 minutes ago, PRieST said:

Thanks for the Info, seems I'll have a lot to do now.

Is there any Script, with which I could Filter such records via xEdit?

I never made a pas script to do the same type of overwritten reference detection that prints the warning in the DynDOLOD log.

Not sure how proficient you are in writing pas scripts, but the logic to find them is something like this:

REFR defined in ESM, is referenced by its WRLD record, has a winningoverride in an ESP.

You might need use an xLODGen terran LOD beta version in xEdit mode that shows the RNAM data on skyrim.esm.

Might be quicker to just compile a list from the DynDOLOD log warnings.

Hello again, being trying to solve some issues. The current one is a ton of "Warning: Textures do not match for"  in Majestic Mountains , Skyrim and a few others (almost all of them related to rocks or caverocks). I tried moving mods around in my load order and found out that if Dyndolod Resources overwrites Cathedral Landscapes the problem goes away but that means I have to overwrite Majestic Mountains's LOD resources  and  thats a bad practice, right? Texgen ran without issues and already tried reinstalling , everything is up to date.

Modwatch: https://modwat.ch/u/nardo68/modlist

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/gSAjVa6a#X2rke5REgiFwTb1cuIfcYn48Anv4yAbxePI8QG8dd7I

25 minutes ago, nardo68 said:

Hello again, being trying to solve some issues. The current one is a ton of "Warning: Textures do not match for"  in Majestic Mountains , Skyrim and a few others (almost all of them related to rocks or caverocks). I tried moving mods around in my load order and found out that if Dyndolod Resources overwrites Cathedral Landscapes the problem goes away but that means I have to overwrite Majestic Mountains's LOD resources  and  thats a bad practice, right? Texgen ran without issues and already tried reinstalling , everything is up to date.

Modwatch: https://modwat.ch/u/nardo68/modlist

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/gSAjVa6a#X2rke5REgiFwTb1cuIfcYn48Anv4yAbxePI8QG8dd7I

From ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html
Textures do not match for *: *.dds in *.nif -> *.dds in *.nif
There are outdated LOD resources in the load order. Install the latest DynDOLOD Resources. Check if 3rd party LOD resources for mods have versions specifically for DynDOLOD 3 and install them instead of older versions.

Make sure to read the first post "Requirements" and/or ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html "Compatibility - Some Assembly Required".

Especially the part about Majestic Mountains and making sure there are no old resources installed.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

I never made a pas script to do the same type of overwritten reference detection that prints the warning in the DynDOLOD log.

Not sure how proficient you are in writing pas scripts, but the logic to find them is something like this:

REFR defined in ESM, is referenced by its WRLD record, has a winningoverride in an ESP.

You might need use an xLODGen terran LOD beta version in xEdit mode that shows the RNAM data on skyrim.esm.

Might be quicker to just compile a list from the DynDOLOD log warnings.

Oh, never had written a pas script before, maybe I have to learn it now^^