DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

bto matches what is in game LOD-wise but, there is, lets say hundreds of meshes in one cell where Corvega Plant is. This is the main area I have been testing but the esp covers the entire commonwealth.

The same vine shapes cover the tower, yet only some are given LOD. Others fade in on approach. In the same esp, before the author added thousands of more vines, everything generated fine. I'm 100% on the file paths and file names etc. And all the author has done is add stuff, not remove (at least in the case of the vines)  
I know they are all still there from checking the esp and also in game, they fade in as I get close. 

Not sure how I can give you a reproducable instance, other than sending you the files I'm working on. I 100% know LODgen is solid and used it many times, its not a bug report, just a question of possible limitations. 

I'm not too versed in Computer language or educated on the basic principals of how it all works. So I cant really offer you much, other than if you are interested to test, the esp and LOD files I have created. I'd need to make sure thats ok with the mod author first though. 

15 minutes ago, Oynlen said:

bto matches what is in game LOD-wise but, there is, lets say hundreds of meshes in one cell where Corvega Plant is. This is the main area I have been testing but the esp covers the entire commonwealth.

The same vine shapes cover the tower, yet only some are given LOD. Others fade in on approach. In the same esp, before the author added thousands of more vines, everything generated fine. I'm 100% on the file paths and file names etc. And all the author has done is add stuff, not remove (at least in the case of the vines)  
I know they are all still there from checking the esp and also in game, they fade in as I get close. 

Not sure how I can give you a reproducable instance, other than sending you the files I'm working on. I 100% know LODgen is solid and used it many times, its not a bug report, just a question of possible limitations. 

I'm not too versed in Computer language or educated on the basic principals of how it all works. So I cant really offer you much, other than if you are interested to test, the esp and LOD files I have created. I'd need to make sure thats ok with the mod author first though. 

I just need instructions how to replicate a test case the minial setup/mods. FO4 + these DLCs, mod 1, mod 2, then install this plugin, install these assets etc., then generate object LOD, check *.4.x.y.BTO. Send link to private files via pm.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Do you mean there is no log folder or there are no files in it? There is no bugreport.txt next to where the *.exe files are?
In that case check the Windows Event log for clues.

Most likely the OS, UAC, anti vir or some such is interfering. Make sure to not unpack DynDOLOD into special Windows folders.

I did recording with texgen and you can see my last action for texgen..And  yes sorry for my english
here ss link : https://ufile.io/dbmdwez2

10 hours ago, VulKun said:

I did recording with texgen and you can see my last action for texgen..And  yes sorry for my english
here ss link : https://ufile.io/dbmdwez2

If you require help troubleshooting, answer every direct question I am asking and follow the instructions given.

Do not post screenshots of the log/text. Post the entire log as text to pastebin or upload to a file service instead as explained in the first post.
If that is not possible and a screenshot is the only option to capture a problem, do not trim log messages.

The two log line lines in the screenshot tell us TexGen is creating two textures as it should. It is unclear what the problem or error is supposed to be.

Hey everyone, I'm probably juste being dumb but I am trying to generate grass Lod's with Verdant and I can't seem to find a way to make it work.

I think my grass precache works as if I only load from cache with NGIO, I have some grass, but for some reason I can't see any grass Lod's in game after generation.

In the TexGen output folder, it seems that only a few grass texture are generated, am I missing something ?

I admit that my understanding of the inner workings of the mod is quite limited.

In any case, thanks for the great work and I hope I'm not bothering you for something obvious.

17 minutes ago, Tchipsteur said:

Hey everyone, I'm probably juste being dumb but I am trying to generate grass Lod's with Verdant and I can't seem to find a way to make it work.

I think my grass precache works as if I only load from cache with NGIO, I have some grass, but for some reason I can't see any grass Lod's in game after generation.

In the TexGen output folder, it seems that only a few grass texture are generated, am I missing something ?

I admit that my understanding of the inner workings of the mod is quite limited.

In any case, thanks for the great work and I hope I'm not bothering you for something obvious.

Read the second post "Troubleshooting", the included manual and help for grass LOD generation and TexGen configuration.
It is probably because of the wrong the object bounds values in the plugin. If you searched for the mod / the problem, you will probably find posts about the mod, too.

7 hours ago, sheson said:

If you require help troubleshooting, answer every direct question I am asking and follow the instructions given.

Do not post screenshots of the log/text. Post the entire log as text to pastebin or upload to a file service instead as explained in the first post.
If that is not possible and a screenshot is the only option to capture a problem, do not trim log messages.

The two log line lines in the screenshot tell us TexGen is creating two textures as it should. It is unclear what the problem or error is supposed to be.

Interesting but i did try 3 times and texgen is working..now i will try dyndolod

Edited by VulKun

27 minutes ago, VulKun said:

Interesting but i did try 3 times and texgen is working..now i will try dyndolod

Dyndolod give me a error : https://paste.ee/p/i6v7D

I suggest to troubleshoot and fix the hardware or OS issue that is preventing simple programs like TexGen to run properly.

Read the message you posted:
"Can not find file meshes\lod\nordicexterior\nortmpextplatexsmfree01_lod_0.nif"
"Make sure to install the latest/matching DynDOLOD Resources SE archive, that it downloaded/installed completely and that all the required Core Files have been installed."
"Help for this message"

Do you have a question?

Read the first post. Especially the requirements and installation instructions. Read the included manual. Start with DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html
Read the first post, especially the part that explains to click on the "Help for this message" link in case there is a message. In this case it will open..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Resources.html with further help and instructions.

19 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the message you posted:
"Can not find file meshes\lod\nordicexterior\nortmpextplatexsmfree01_lod_0.nif"
"Make sure to install the latest/matching DynDOLOD Resources SE archive, that it downloaded/installed completely and that all the required Core Files have been installed."
"Help for this message"

Do you have a question?

Read the first post. Especially the requirements and installation instructions. Read the included manual. Start with DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html
Read the first post, especially the part that explains to click on the "Help for this message" link in case there is a message.

There is too much errors : https://ufile.io/0r4uosd4
And closing itself 

Edited by VulKun

29 minutes ago, VulKun said:

There is too much errors : https://ufile.io/0r4uosd4
And closing itself 

Do not post screenshots of text. Read the first post what logfiles to post/upload as text when making posts.

Error messages typically start with the word "Error", have a prompt and often contain a "Help for this message" link to open a dedicated help page.
Error messages typically stop the process because errors need to be fixed.

Read the included manual. For example, ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html explains many of the notice and warning log messages.

Read the requirements and installation instructions from the first post and/or the included manual. Note how they do not contain a requirement for 3rd party billboards.
While participating in the DynDOLOD 3 alpha test, refrain form installing any 3rd party billboards included in mods. Let TexGen generate them all.

Programs do not close themselves involuntarily. They shutdown properly when they reach the end of what they are supposed to do or when the user tells them to. Otherwise a program is terminated by the OS, other processes or because of hardware issues.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Do not post screenshots of text. Read the first post what logfiles to post/upload as text when making posts.

Error messages typically start with the word "Error", have a prompt and often contain a "Help for this message" link to open a dedicated help page.
Error messages typically stop the process because errors need to be fixed.

Read the included manual. For example, ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html explains many of the notice and warning log messages.

Read the requirements and installation instructions from the first post and/or the included manual. Note how they do not contain a requirement for 3rd party billboards.
While participating in the DynDOLOD 3 alpha test, refrain form installing any 3rd party billboards included in mods. Let TexGen generate them all.

Programs do not close themselves involuntarily. They shutdown properly when they reach the end of what they are supposed to do or when the user tells them to. Otherwise a program is terminated by the OS, other processes or because of hardware issues.

So what can i do when texgen closed itself ? looks complicated.this shouldnt be hard probably

image.png

17 minutes ago, VulKun said:

So what can i do when texgen closed itself ? looks complicated.this shouldnt be hard probably

image.png

In the case that a program like TexGen shuts down as it is supposed to, it writes log files to the log folder and in case an exception caused the shutdown, it writes a bugreport.txt.
Read the first post which logfiles to post/upload as already mentioned.

If a program is terminated by the OS etc. check the Windows Event Log as already mentioned.
If a simple program like TexGen is terminated it is because of the OS, antivir etc. or hardware/driver problems etc. as already mentioned.

13 minutes ago, sheson said:

In the case that a program like TexGen shuts down as it is supposed to, it writes log files to the log folder and in case an exception caused the shutdown, it writes a bugreport.txt.
Read the first post which logfiles to post/upload as already mentioned.

If a program is terminated by the OS etc. check the Windows Event Log as already mentioned.
If a simple program like TexGen is terminated it is because of the OS, antivir etc. or hardware/driver problems etc. as already mentioned.

when i use old resource with texgen , that working

15 minutes ago, VulKun said:

when i use old resource with texgen , that working

TexGen does not care about installed LOD resources. TexGen generates LOD textures from full models and full textures.

Read the first post and the included manual for requirements and installation instructions. Read the included manual for how to use the tools properly.

16 minutes ago, sheson said:

TexGen does not care about installed LOD resources. TexGen generates LOD textures from full models and full textures.

I did check windows event log and there is 2 errors
error module name : usvfs_x64.dll