DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

4 minutes ago, BrotherShamus said:

I have a quick question... I'm trying to understand the mechanics of how this all works a little better but can't seem to find the information anywhere.  Does the Dyndolod ini file only affect the generation of LOD or can I make tweaks to it after I've generated LOD?  I wanted to experiment with a few of the settings just to see if I can do  better job of it but am happy enough with the current settings to not want to run Dyndolod again.  Also... if I do run Dyndolod again (because I'm impulsive that way) on my current save, I don't want to generate occlusion a second time, correct?

Read everything you find here: https://dyndolod.info. Maybe start with https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Works. Then have a look at https://dyndolod.info/Updating.

LOD generation is a snap shot of the current load order. Generated LOD is mostly meshes and textures. Every options and INI setting for the tools only ever affect LOD generation.

8 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Its seems to be fixed! Thank you so much, looks great now!

nRtzA3I.png

Great. Will be included in the next version that also fixes the building in Riften.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, sheson said:

No logs and no bugreport.txt either? If the OS kills the application like that it maybe because of antivir etc. Test adding an exception or temporarily disabling it.

No logs or bug report at all in the Logs folder. I have already added exceptions, and just tried again with Real Time Protection turned off, and it doesn't work, issue presists.

59 minutes ago, sheson said:

Uncheck billboards, see if it runs through doing the stitched and rendered. Then check only billboards. Test with only checking on checkbox under billboards to see if it only happens with a specific type.

The TexGen was able to complete when unchecking billboards. When checking billboards only, it instantly freezes upon starting.

"Creating billboards" is the last message it gives before it stops responding.

I looked into the output folder, and files are being added continuously while TexGen is not responding, until it crashes.

I also tried to add "RealTimeLog=1", and this time upon starting TexGen, the TexGen Options menu did not appear.

Edited by 3fast5you

I have the same issue. Also no logs as the process seems to quit when it reaches maximum available memory (24ish gb for me).

BUT I was able to keep it running further with the non 64 version. So just TexGen.exe worked for me. I assume the results are the same?

BR

Tr0u64d1x

Edit: I can second that "RealTimeLog=1" upon starting TexGen makes the TexGen Options menu not appear.

Edit2: TexGen.exe did however end up producing some out of memory error.

Edited by Tr0u64d1x
error

36 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read everything you find here: https://dyndolod.info. Maybe start with https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Works. Then have a look at https://dyndolod.info/Updating.

LOD generation is a snap shot of the current load order. Generated LOD is mostly meshes and textures. Every options and INI setting for the tools only ever affect LOD generation.

Great. Will be included in the next version that also fixes the building in Riften.

Danke.

37 minutes ago, 3fast5you said:

No logs or bug report at all in the Logs folder. I have already added exceptions, and just tried again with Real Time Protection turned off, and it doesn't work, issue presists.

The TexGen was able to complete when unchecking billboards. When checking billboards only, it instantly freezes upon starting.

"Creating billboards" is the last message it gives before it stops responding.

I looked into the output folder, and files are being added continuously while TexGen is not responding, until it crashes.

I also tried to add "RealTimeLog=1", and this time upon starting TexGen, the TexGen Options menu did not appear.

It seems the textgen has problems with generating some .nif files, some meshes i viewed gave entirely black screen (nothing) but the textgen spiked in resource usage whenever i try to view one, will try to see if modifying the mods where the meshes came from fixes the issue.

45 minutes ago, Eumeta said:

It seems the textgen has problems with generating some .nif files, some meshes i viewed gave entirely black screen (nothing) but the textgen spiked in resource usage whenever i try to view one, will try to see if modifying the mods where the meshes came from fixes the issue.

Update: The problematic files so far are from Folkvangr Grass and Landscape Overhaul with its dependency Folkvangr Summer Tundra. I can't find a problem with the files because the .nif's can be viewed using nifskope and the relevant .dds's paths can be found in the .nif's and viewed using MO2, so not corruption or wrong texture ?, granted i'm an amarteur. I'll disable the mods to see where it goes.

image.thumb.png.064ef072b82b1c155eeeefb2c079d7d9.pngimage.thumb.png.f2dc3da48e3f0b42e315699e9b2a32e6.png

Edited by Eumeta

Update: 

Grass, Tree and HD Tree Billboards completed succesfully, but rendered Billboards made Textgen unresponsive and later ctd right after start button is pressed, no log. Even after all preview billboards successfully display the texture

Attached are the debug logs for grass (1.7mb) and Tree and HD Tree (1.2 mb)

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

Sticched and Rendered portion completed successfully, sorry i divided the response into 2 because i can't upload all 3 logs at once

I tried adding Realtimelog=1 into Texgen_SSE.ini under Notice=1 and Texgen 3.0 x64.exe didn't give me any option after it has loaded all plugins, when clicking restart, an additional line "File not found" is added.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

Edited by Eumeta

I disabled all tree/grass mods and was able to complete the TexGen. I then tried to activate Enhanced Vanilla Trees, and after freezing for a minute or two and almost maxing out my RAM, it seemed to work. But then it just crashes. No logs. I did the same with Dark Forests of Skyrim, same result.

https://ufile.io/f/vo08x This is the logs from the successful TexGen without any mods, should it be of any use at all.

Here is the Bug Report from after TexGen crashed after seemingly working as stated above. No idea how this works or what I'm doing, excuse me, just trying to provide anything that might be useful before I'm off to bed.

https://ufile.io/qietpbcq

[Window Title]
DynDOLODx64.exe

[Main Instruction]
This version of has expired.

[Content]
Use a newer version.

[Exit ]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Same thing for texgen. I didn't update to AE, I haven't installed any updated Dyndolod files since AE came out. Why is Dyndolod giving me this message that I've never seen before and how can I disable this nonsense? 

If I run into bugs by using older Dyndolod files, that's on me and it's totally unsupported but I need the ability to use the files I've already downloaded and haven't updated...

2 hours ago, Eumeta said:

after adding Realtimelog=1 and running Texgen, a "bugreport.txt" was generated in DynDOLOD base folder. I hope it helps
bugreport.txt 60.44 kB · 4 downloads

2 hours ago, 3fast5you said:

Here is the Bug Report from after TexGen crashed after seemingly working as stated above. No idea how this works or what I'm doing, excuse me, just trying to provide anything that might be useful before I'm off to bed.

https://ufile.io/qietpbcq

Thanks for the reports.

Test with this version of TexGenx64.exe to see if it renders the billboards without issue.

1 hour ago, DankTemplar said:

Same thing for texgen. I didn't update to AE, I haven't installed any updated Dyndolod files since AE came out. Why is Dyndolod giving me this message that I've never seen before and how can I disable this nonsense? 

If I run into bugs by using older Dyndolod files, that's on me and it's totally unsupported but I need the ability to use the files I've already downloaded and haven't updated...

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha test where to make posts in case of questions or problems. I moved the post.

As the message says, the version of DynDOLOD is expired. Always use the latest DynDOLOD version.

You are doing it wrong if you believe you need to use an outdated and buggy alpha version from many months ago.