FO4LODGen

sheson

I couldn't edit my last post again so here's a short additional remark. To add something "usefull" at least (i hope so). I'm getting the message "materials\lod\rockslab*lod.bgsm not found!" (https://pastebin.com/YD9pBFEp) twice when generating lod since version 57 or so. Using v61 x64. This will show up even when i put the vanilla material file loose in the data folder. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn't edit my last post again so here's a short additional remark. To add something "usefull" at least (i hope so). I'm getting the message "materials\lod\rockslab*lod.bgsm not found!" (https://pastebin.com/YD9pBFEp) twice when generating lod since version 57 or so. Using v61 x64. This will show up even when i put the vanilla material file loose in the data folder. 

Install FO4LODGen Resources from first post and enable FO4LODGen.esp so it also loads FO4LODGen - Main.ba2 and FO4LODGen - Textures.ba2.

it will fix the wrong filename referenced in the vanilla resources. 

It is not a good idea to have the game in Program Files x86 or letting xLODGen generate to the game/special OS folder. Use the -o command line argument as suggested.

I've added the command line and double checked everything - no luck.

Disabled all mods - no luck.

Something either reverts updates in FO4LODGen.esp or overwrites the files in FO4LODGen - Main.ba2

Or maybe a new record / LOD asset is added by another mod.

Have you tried just with Fallout.esm and FO4LODGen.esp?

Edited by sheson

Have you tried just with Fallout.esm and FO4LODGen.esp?

Yes, well plus all the DLC's and the GNN Plaza CC DLC, i'll disable that aswell as last resort. I've also checked the FO4LODGen.esp with xedit, no conflicts at all. It is loaded last in my load order anyway.

No loose files in the relevant folders neither. Haven't changed anything that could affect this.

I'll try again from scratch but i'm pretty much at a loss right now.

Edited by HULKHOD3N

Yes, well plus all the DLC's and the GNN Plaza CC DLC, i'll disable that aswell as last resort. I've also checked the FO4LODGen.esp with xedit, no conflicts at all. It is loaded last in my load order anyway.

No loose files in the relevant folders neither. Haven't changed anything that could affect this.

I'll try again from scratch but i'm pretty much at a loss right now.

I found a bad texture swap in DLCCoast that seemed to match your error. I added a fix to FO4LODGen-DLCCoast.esp in the FO4LODGen-Resources

• 1 month later...

Hey there! I'm new to this forum and I seem to have some issues regarding generating my LOD for my Fallout 4 mod. I tried it the normal way in Creation Kit and ofcourse: Nothing works.

So I found this software and I KNOW I managed to get it to work at one point before (more than a year ago)... And now I have no clue what could be the problem.
First off: I guess it's not normal for FO4LODgen to just take about 14 seconds to generate the terrain or just 11 seconds to generate the LOD for the meshes.

31lRLc4.png

I apologize in advance if there is little to no information I can give you, so please throw me some questions and I'll try to answer them!

Basically, there have been no change at all after running the program and since I saved the mod in Creation Kit. Everything looks the same and I can't find any straight up errors in the log. Perhaps I forgot to load something...?

Here's the log from the last few times I've run it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kuIC7KbfvtXpgTdzxrvPTw3urCE0eSIZ/view?usp=sharing

Again, I'm sorry for throwing you into this blind. Please help... I've been working on this mod on and off for about a year and I'm starting to pick up the pace a bit more!

Edited by SnouGi

Hey there! I'm new to this forum and I seem to have some issues regarding generating my LOD for my Fallout 4 mod. I tried it the normal way in Creation Kit and ofcourse: Nothing works.

So I found this software and I KNOW I managed to get it to work at one point before (more than a year ago)... And now I have no clue what could be the problem.

First off: I guess it's not normal for FO4LODgen to just take about 14 seconds to generate the terrain or just 11 seconds to generate the LOD for the meshes.

31lRLc4.png

I apologize in advance if there is little to no information I can give you, so please throw me some questions and I'll try to answer them!

Basically, there have been no change at all after running the program and since I saved the mod in Creation Kit. Everything looks the same and I can't find any straight up errors in the log. Perhaps I forgot to load something...?

Here's the log from the last few times I've run it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kuIC7KbfvtXpgTdzxrvPTw3urCE0eSIZ/view?usp=sharing

Again, I'm sorry for throwing you into this blind. Please help... I've been working on this mod on and off for about a year and I'm starting to pick up the pace a bit more!

I suggest to not install the game or any tools to a special Windows folder like Program Files x86 and to not not install programs to special Windows folder like Desktop.

When starting xLODGen set a dedicated output folder with -o as explained on the first post.

Reading the log tells you exactly what happens:

Terrain LOD meshes generate fine.

Terrain LOD textures are skipped:

Object LOD generates fine.

Refer to the Terrain-LOD-Readme.txt included in the download archive:

If terrain LOD textures already exist in the output folder, their generation will be skipped. This can be used to continue generating terrain LOD textures for large worldspaces in case there was a problem like not enough space left on a drive. Simply restart with the same options. Otherwise move or selectively delete old terrain LOD textures before generating new ones.

Take note of the skipping messages. If the diffuse or normal texture for a higher LOD level already exists, then all lower LOD levels that are covered by the higher LOD level are skipped as well. So in order to re-generate a LOD level 4 texture, it is not enough to just delete the LOD level 4 files for the diffuse and normal texture, the higher LOD level diffuse and normal textures files need to be deleted as well.

"When starting xLODGen set a dedicated output folder with -o as explained on the first post."

How do you do this? I read it and didn't really get HOW you do it. I usually go into properties of the .exe and add the -o at the end, but windows just wants to change the file type if I do it.

I will try and install Creation Kit, Fallout 4 and put XLODgen on non-windows directories as well to try and get it to work.
Again, thank you so much for helping me out!

"When starting xLODGen set a dedicated output folder with -o as explained on the first post."

How do you do this? I read it and didn't really get HOW you do it. I usually go into properties of the .exe and add the -o at the end, but windows just wants to change the file type if I do it.

I will try and install Creation Kit, Fallout 4 and put XLODgen on non-windows directories as well to try and get it to work.

Again, thank you so much for helping me out!

Adding command line parameters is a basic OS function. In Windows it can be done via Shortcuts.

Better would be to use a proper mod manager, like MO, though.

Edited by sheson

Hey again!

I ran the program, it generated terrain without any issues this time. However, I still think there is a problem somewhere... The draw distance is still acting as if nothing have been done. I can navigate to the data folder and see everything is there. I just don't know what is missing at this point.

7odeemf.png

In this image you can see that the view distance is quite bad... Do you think reinstalling the game and the engine might help? Or am I missing a step?

Basically what I've done is build the mod like normal, saved the file, exited out of Creation Kit, opened FO4LODGen, it ran really quickly (which is my biggest concern) and it didn't detect any issues other than:
"No options file found: C:\Users\Chef\Desktop\Danver State Hospital Mod\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\FO4LODGen_Danver State Hospital_DanverStateAsylum_Options.txt"

Here's the latest log

It must seem like I'm repeating myself for you... and I apologize. I really want this to work =/ So many hours that I've put into this mod it would be a shame to give up because of something like this. I can't thank you enough for taking your time to read through BS like this... :P

Hey again!

I ran the program, it generated terrain without any issues this time. However, I still think there is a problem somewhere... The draw distance is still acting as if nothing have been done. I can navigate to the data folder and see everything is there. I just don't know what is missing at this point.

In this image you can see that the view distance is quite bad... Do you think reinstalling the game and the engine might help? Or am I missing a step?

Basically what I've done is build the mod like normal, saved the file, exited out of Creation Kit, opened FO4LODGen, it ran really quickly (which is my biggest concern) and it didn't detect any issues other than:

"No options file found: C:\Users\Chef\Desktop\Danver State Hospital Mod\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\FO4LODGen_Danver State Hospital_DanverStateAsylum_Options.txt"

Here's the latest log

It must seem like I'm repeating myself for you... and I apologize. I really want this to work =/ So many hours that I've put into this mod it would be a shame to give up because of something like this. I can't thank you enough for taking your time to read through BS like this... :P

The log shows that advice was ignored. Set a dedicated output folder with -o. Then install output like a mod with the mod manager. Consider creating a BA2 out of the meshes and textures.

It is normal that there is no options file.

The image doesn't really show much with that dark foggy weather. The best way to show LOD is from an elevated position in clear weather at day light.

The LOD meshes can be opened in NifSkope. Check they show what is expected. If the generated LOD is fine, then there is probably an issue with the load order.

Reinstalling just resets INI and makes all game files vanilla and remove 3rd party files. Proper modding practice and troubleshooting can do the same more easily and less destructive.

Make sure LOD distances are fine in the INI settings.