FO4LODGen

sheson

This one fixed the problem, thanks. Although i noticed what objects with generated atlas looks a bit thicker, despite having the same threshold as vanilla (128), but thats a nitpick (could be the way Bethesda made mipmaps). I generated LOD as 8k x 2k, diffuse DXT1, normals 32argb and specular DXT1, so atlas won't split. Then downscaled normals to 4k x 1k and saved as bc7, overall size will be the same as vanilla 26.6mb. Thanks again for the fix.

Edited by antip

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just ran beta 12 myself and can report that I now don't have to remove (or not generate) mip maps anymore for it to work, seems renaming really did the trick :)

One thing I noticed however, is that I consistently get an error during LOD generation when I try to generate Object + Terrain LOD for all my Worldspaces (Vanilla + all DLC) together, each time it gets to Nuka World (which is the last one to be generated afaik) it starts generating LOD and at some point the program hangs with some error messages displayed and I need to kill it with task manager. The logs don't contain any errors though, seems like the program hangs before it can write them into the log. Generating LOD for each of the world spaces separately finishes without issues though, so I'm not sure what causes it. I'm using the 64bit exe and I'm running xLODGen through MO2 (latest dev build from their discord server, you can also contact me there @El Rizzo#3719 if you need more information, but I can also provide that here, whichever you prefer).

I'm also using a separate output folder that is not part of MO2 or its virtual file system.

Edited by El_Rizzo

Just ran beta 12 myself and can report that I now don't have to remove (or not generate) mip maps anymore for it to work, seems renaming really did the trick :)

One thing I noticed however, is that I consistently get an error during LOD generation when I try to generate Object + Terrain LOD for all my Worldspaces (Vanilla + all DLC) together, each time it gets to Nuka World (which is the last one to be generated afaik) it starts generating LOD and at some point the program hangs with some error messages displayed and I need to kill it with task manager. The logs don't contain any errors though, seems like the program hangs before it can write them into the log. Generating LOD for each of the world spaces separately finishes without issues though, so I'm not sure what causes it. I'm using the 64bit exe and I'm running xLODGen through MO2 (latest dev build from their discord server, you can also contact me there @El Rizzo#3719 if you need more information, but I can also provide that here, whichever you prefer).

I'm also using a separate output folder that is not part of MO2 or its virtual file system.

Make a screenshot from that error message next time

Here you go :) not much to go on, but that is the only thing I can provide, like I said, the logs don't show the errors, but I can provide them regardless if you want.

2vjual0.png

If I generate Object + Terrain LOD only for the Nuka World worldspace there are no errors.

Edited by El_Rizzo

Here you go :) not much to go on, but that is the only thing I can provide, like I said, the logs don't show the errors, but I can provide them regardless if you want.

2vjual0.png

If I generate Object + Terrain LOD only for the Nuka World worldspace there are no errors.

Is that with the x86 or x64 version? I am wondering it runs out of memory, since you say it works without error when running the worlspace alone.

Textures (highway and trees) are sharp on my end with LODGen 12

Asc7Iho.png

6XlKgSL.png

Only this happened to the electrical tower again, but that might also be an alpha issue on my end

Lhm0xU6.png

Btw, I generated all workspaces simultaniously and didn't get an error.

I'm using the x64 version of xLODGen. I can run it again with the slower version to see if the error message is more detailed, will post the results when I'm done.

I might need to update that slower version to latest version, though. Lets see what you get.

I might need to update that slower version to latest version, though. Lets see what you get.

Yep, seems like you do, because when I tried to run it, this happened after a short while:

11i2zv8.png

2u7qgb7.png

I ran it twice, with the same error each time.

Edited by El_Rizzo

Still no luck with the alpha values and the CTD.

Besides that, I wanted to add new LODs but can't export them with the right settings, nif skope won't open my new meshes. If I can figure that out, I will add more objects for cars and trains.