FO4LODGen

sheson

Still no luck with the alpha values and the CTD.

Besides that, I wanted to add new LODs but can't export them with the right settings, nif skope won't open my new meshes. If I can figure that out, I will add more objects for cars and trains.

I have no idea right now how the global alpha value especially could not ever work with the latest LODGen.exe as long as its defined in the INI. I will have it write the found value to the log with the other settings with the next version.

I could see it not picking up source alpha in case the nif format is off, it should always work for the vanilla LOD models and BGSMs.

You should try vanilla game only, with FO4LODGen.esp and FO4LODGen - Main.ba2

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no idea right now how the global alpha value especially could not ever work with the latest LODGen.exe as long as its defined in the INI. I will have it write the found value to the log with the other settings with the next version.

I could see it not picking up source alpha in case the nif format is off, it should always work for the vanilla LOD models and BGSMs.

You should try vanilla game only, with FO4LODGen.esp and FO4LODGen - Main.ba2

I have, but still no changes. It says alpha threshold = false or something in one of those files.

I have, but still no changes. It says alpha threshold = false or something in one of those files.

Test with xLODGen beta 14 and look for Default Alpha Threshold: in the log. It should match the number set in the options.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on windows 10. What compression diffuse, normal and spec should I use? I changed them and can't remember the default ones. Plus I don't know the difference between any of the options. 

DXT1 or DXT5 for diffuse, BC5 for normal and specular.

Anyone can give me detailed information how to setup this? For Skyrim it was pretty easy, but this one I have no idea how to start :D

Since FO4LODGen/TES5LODGen/SSELODGen are just a renamed xLODGen/xEdit the setup and execution is always the same for the different games.

The first post explains installation and execution just the same.

• +1 1

• 2 months later...

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but every time I run "FO4LOGGEN" the resulting output is 0kb. I get "output\terrain\commonwealth\objects]" but nothing in any of those directories. I would like to believe I'm not a total noob in LOD generation, I've had a great success in Skyrim generating Lod + Ultra trees (with a variety of custom tree mods). Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

As a side note to this post, I love you Sheson :D My first foray into LOD was DynDoLOD for Skyrim SE. I have had an amazing experience with it xD I can see objects, trees, locations, etc from any location! it makes the game looks so amazing, and there is 0 preformance hit even with it using "ultra trees" :D

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but every time I run "FO4LOGGEN" the resulting output is 0kb. I get "output\terrain\commonwealth\objects]" but nothing in any of those directories. I would like to believe I'm not a total noob in LOD generation, I've had a great success in Skyrim generating Lod + Ultra trees (with a variety of custom tree mods). Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

As a side note to this post, I love you Sheson :D My first foray into LOD was DynDoLOD for Skyrim SE. I have had an amazing experience with it xD I can see objects, trees, locations, etc from any location! it makes the game looks so amazing, and there is 0 preformance hit even with it using "ultra trees" :D

The log should reveal what's happening? Upload or post FO4LODGen_log.txt to pastebin.

The log should reveal what's happening? Upload or post FO4LODGen_log.txt to pastebin.

I feel like a total idiot :P I looked through the log and realised I was trying to run LODGen without the scripts. Sorry to have bugged you with that lol, I have it running properly now :)

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I've missed something from the readme or other posts. I've used previous versions of LODGen so I thought I was skilled enough for this one, but now I'm wondering if maybe I'm supposed to wait for a later version. The key piece (or at least the first piece) I'm missing involves usage of the files at the end.  I'm using MO2 so I ran it from within that, and then generated a bunch of textures and meshes. I think I recall getting a generated esp in the past, and I only have here the esps in the resource folder. And I'm reading here that that I should be archiving these loose files into a BA2 but doesn't that require an esp that'll read it?

Where's GamerPoet when you need him? 

I feel like I've missed something from the readme or other posts. I've used previous versions of LODGen so I thought I was skilled enough for this one, but now I'm wondering if maybe I'm supposed to wait for a later version. The key piece (or at least the first piece) I'm missing involves usage of the files at the end.  I'm using MO2 so I ran it from within that, and then generated a bunch of textures and meshes. I think I recall getting a generated esp in the past, and I only have here the esps in the resource folder. And I'm reading here that that I should be archiving these loose files into a BA2 but doesn't that require an esp that'll read it?

Where's GamerPoet when you need him? 

xLODGen generates LOD meshes and textures, no plugins.

Tools that are used to create/generate assets do not care what you do with them afterwards. Installing the files to use in a load order or packing them to include in a mod with a new worldspace is at the users discretion and requires different tools. Bethesda games need a plugin (empty dummy) to load games BSA/BA2 unless the archives are added to the INI. That should be basic modding knowledge.

Edited by sheson