Mod Suggestions for SR - Post in STEP Mods Forum

There is not any point in using the no blocky as it is already implemented... that is the most annoying thing about the body replacer mods... there are all these small things you think you need but they are already in the more advanced collections.... but there are also some that are not. Just today there was another tiny fix out that apprently fix the belly button for the mature skin on some body normal maps... But as far as I can tell I do not have a problem with it.

It really is a jungle of half and entirely naked women out there!

After looking some more, I think that having the normals and extras from All-In-One Face, but overwriting it with the Mature textures would be the best option. Neovalen once compared XCE against AIO, and AIO (with the XCE warpaints and additions) won out. No More Blocky Faces uses the same textures as XCE, so... it's not needed that much (Better Males covers the normal maps for the males, and AIO covers the females). The main body should be kept for the hands, but Fitness Body can be removed with Mature Skin overwriting it completely.

The reason why I suggested the UNP Texture Blender was just in case some textures had seams with the body. I'd personally use it just in case there something that causes seams in the body, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

With all that in mind, what do you guys think would be the best mod order for face/body improvements? It's one of the sections of SR that I do not follow, as I didn't overly care about using a body replacer (i.e. UNP/CBBE). I do want it to look good so I'm fine with installing UNP if it's needed for these mods. My other question is: with something like UNP - when armor is equipped on someone, their body will revert to vanilla appearance, correct? (Unless it's one designed to work with those meshes, of course) I don't mind if that occurs, just not sure if that poses any issues.

Lauren: The armor is not just a texture put on top of the body mesh. Rather both the body and armor have individual meshes. This means that if you use UNP and only have vanilla armor then you will get clipping, because the shapes do not match. So no the body will never revert to vanilla, because with UNP installed you have overwritten the vanilla mesh with a UNP mesh.

Also you do not need a body replacer. Most armor mods have vanilla support and optional UNP/CBBE support. UNP is preferred because it has a much wider support then CBBE does, and I personally think either looks better then Vanilla bodies.

Haelfix: Unique uniques.. you can use them for now, but we already have the book of silence. and eventually the author will get around to overhauling the remaining artifacts as well... at least that is his plan.

It is more or less either pure water or WATER... mixing the two might be possible but might give strange results since the "niceties" are optimized for the WATER textures.

Nice call on the puddles one, will try it out today.

Also for those that do not use an ENB I can recommend this mod for glass armor. Realistic Transparent Glass Armor and Weapons. Sadly with ENB on then the specularity is just too much and the armor gets REALLY shiny. :D

Lauren: The armor is not just a texture put on top of the body mesh. Rather both the body and armor have individual meshes. This means that if you use UNP and only have vanilla armor then you will get clipping, because the shapes do not match. So no the body will never revert to vanilla, because with UNP installed you have overwritten the vanilla mesh with a UNP mesh.

Also you do not need a body replacer. Most armor mods have vanilla support and optional UNP/CBBE support. UNP is preferred because it has a much wider support then CBBE does, and I personally think either looks better then Vanilla bodies.

I gotcha. Not really interested in body replacers beyond using nicer textures that don't sport the neck seam when paired with nicer faces (I do have Photoshop and I do know how to use it, but... work! heh), so I'll just throw the textures in and run around without clothes for a bit, see how it looks. I don't use armor mods for the most part either, thus the ignorance. Thank you for the info, I appreciate it.

Is it possible to add mods on top of skyrim revisited. Specifically gameplay mods: new towns, enhanced towns, new followers, enhanced folowers, new missions new weapons, new armors etc. if it is how can I figure out what mods are compatable and what aren't also would their be a longer procedure to put the mods into the game. Finally are their any mods that you use that Aren't on the list. Sorry for the bad typing I'm writing this On a iPhone

I'm using Maevan's mature skin for most of the female files. I didn't see a femalehead_msn, so using AIOF's. Also using the latter's femaleheadafflicted file (since it's only covered by vanilla otherwise, which sucks). Elf femalehead_msns are from EEO (and that's all I'm using from that, didn't realize how extensive of a mod it was so I Frankensteined it up). It looked good to my eyes when I created a female character last night, though the whole intro doesn't have the best lighting. So, for anyone like me that is uninterested/lazy as far as body replacers, this combo seems to work well with a vanilla base.

Is it possible to add mods on top of skyrim revisited. Specifically gameplay mods: new towns' date=' enhanced towns, new followers, enhanced folowers, new missions new weapons, new armors etc. if it is how can I figure out what mods are compatable and what aren't also would their be a longer procedure to put the mods into the game. Finally are their any mods that you use that Aren't on the list. Sorry for the bad typing I'm writing this On a iPhone[/quote']

Neither SR nor STEP are hard and fast rulebooks. You can add or remove what suits your taste, but the work of compatibility etc. is up to you. I personally use most of SR but I removed maybe 70 or so mods (there's about 275 from my last spreadsheet, +/- margin of error for updates haha). Most of those were automatic variants/body replacer stuff/other texture mods. I have added 30 or so of my own choices, a few for each of the categories you mention. For example, I have Expanded Towns and Cities, SkyTEST, The Choice is Yours, Mighty Dragons (don't have DG so can't use latest Deadly Dragons), Unique Bows, EFF, Brynjolf and Vex as Followers, and some things that only STEP uses - Death Cam Duration, Dynamic Fires, etc.

Generally what I do is clean the mods with .esps in TES5EDIT (only a few have needed it). I also check in MO what, if anything, they are overwriting. As far as more detailed compatibility instructions, make sure you read the mod's description/readme fully (e.g. special instructions, patches available). You could probably also compare .esps of new mods in TES5EDIT to the official Skyrim files and the unofficial patches - it seems like most of the notes in SR are for mods that don't forward changes from these. That's sort of a higher level action though, so as with anything you attempt in modding, back up your shiz. I've only dived into the more advanced stuff recently (started setting up SR on 02.25... 1 month later still doing so lol), but I have a strong IT background with some programming experience. It depends on what you're comfortable messing with :geek:

Speaking of Death Cam Duration - why was this dropped from Skyrim Revisited? Given the number of dead characters I get I found this useful.

My personal taste. I found it annoying and didn't really add to my experience. Feel free to add it back to your load order. Should be no conflicts.

The majority of SR is texture mods... If you do not use the final section of SR then you will essentially have a vanilla game with better textures only. From here you are free to use almost all quest mods etc etc etc.

Most mod pages have a compatibility section that explains what the mod works with and without.

Realistic Body System

recommended version: latest

last update: 16 February 2013

reason: clone wars is not good.

requirements: Java Runtime 1.7

But that just takes one problem and replaces it with another - that problem being, it's complety random as to what character gets what, and it dosen't really seem to distinguish between characters. Additionally, it replaces the skeleton for affected NPCs, which will undo any changes made by - well, Dual Sheath Redux, BBP, and most importantly, Realistic Ragdolls.

Needs some major work before it's at the same level as Automatic Variants.

EDIT: Dosen't appear to overwrite BBP, but that's still a minor thing as compared to Realistic Ragdolls...