Mod Suggestions for SR - Post in STEP Mods Forum

There is also the new skyproc patcher for various textures and bodies for NPC´s out now. Might be interesting down the line. 

Just the texture part is very interesting if it is not possible to get the other .nif types working. 

I saw the NPC patcher - in some ways the option for lots of NPC variants is nice but in others not so much.  I'm not all that keen to replace all the named NPCs in the game - I figure they each have their own look and randomly reassigning face, weights, etc. just seems undesirable - though I suppose you could use this to add in things like Apachii Skyhair, etc.  On the other hand it might be good for adding variation to generic NPCs - guards, bandits, etc.

An AV like option for armors and clothing might be good - allow for more variation in appearances of armor and clothing.

I'm always a bit dubious of things like Immersive Armor that just add a ton of extra stuff because some of the additional items just don't appeal to my taste (or are under- or over-powered or don't play well with other mods) and I fear getting a lot of low quality dreck along with the good stuff.  (I really like Cabal's stuff because I feel I can implicitly trust the quality of his work.)  If there was an easy way to just choose which ones to add (and to preview them so I could know which ones those were) I would e a lot more inclined to use it.  Except for mods with a good back-story like Skyforge Shields that explain why only the PC can have new items, I'm not much impressed with mods that only allow for crafting and don't add the items into the leveled lists so I can discover them in the wild.

I like those imperial textures.  Maybe more appropriate for the Imperial Guard on parade in the capital than out i the boonies hunting down bandits and rebels - but nice looking.

Which ones are shared with Cabal that you thought he did a better job one?  Since early characters seem to spend so much time in Imperial gear I've lamented that Cabal seems to be saving these for later.

I like those imperial textures.  Maybe more appropriate for the Imperial Guard on parade in the capital than out i the boonies hunting down bandits and rebels - but nice looking.

Which ones are shared with Cabal that you thought he did a better job one?  Since early characters seem to spend so much time in Imperial gear I've lamented that Cabal seems to be saving these for later.

First thing I do out of Helgen (on a normal start) is craft some leather or iron... lol. It doesn't feel right being in faction armor and not getting asked about it from members of that faction or not getting attacked by the opposite faction.

Hey Neo,

Just adding a shameless self-plug about my "Skyrim Improved Puddles" for your consideration. :)

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33335/

My latest version 1.1 includes compatibility for the DLCs and also carries forward changes from the DLCs and Unofficial patches where necessary, so there shouldn't be any patches necessary if it is added to your guide. Only one plugin is required for this.

The main things this mod improves right now is it adds realistic looking ice textures in the Windhelm Market area instead of the ugly, vanilla puddle decals. It also replaces the ugly decals in other locations with real water puddle effects. And it fixes some issues I found, such as drips hitting puddles with no splashes or vice versa, or drips/splashes/puddles were offset from where they should have been (if it looked odd in game).

I plan to improve more areas where puddles are or should be and will fix more issues like I mentioned above, as I find them.

There are some before/after images on my mod page, if you're interested.

Hey Neo,

Just adding a shameless self-plug about my "Skyrim Improved Puddles" for your consideration. :)

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33335/

My latest version 1.1 includes compatibility for the DLCs and also carries forward changes from the DLCs and Unofficial patches where necessary, so there shouldn't be any patches necessary if it is added to your guide. Only one plugin is required for this.

The main things this mod improves right now is it adds realistic looking ice textures in the Windhelm Market area instead of the ugly, vanilla puddle decals. It also replaces the ugly decals in other locations with real water puddle effects. And it fixes some issues I found, such as drips hitting puddles with no splashes or vice versa, or drips/splashes/puddles were offset from where they should have been (if it looked odd in game).

I plan to improve more areas where puddles are or should be and will fix more issues like I mentioned above, as I find them.

There are some before/after images on my mod page, if you're interested.

looks cool

I like it as well...even with SSAO on... only issue is that I got clipping in the far distances... which is unfortunate.

Gonna try to see how much I can salvage later today.

Well fixed most SSAO issues, but this clipping issue is just not possible for me to fix.. properly gonna need an ini change. If someone knows some then give me a shout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnxn7kgz95akvi4/ScreenShot77.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xckaai32jjnf782/ScreenShot78.jpg

Other then this issue then I would use it with my ENB preset since it is far superior to the normal foggy weather.

Also tried his morning fog edition... that is however very lack luster since it is way to easy to see the squares of fog he has added... especially at solitude and riften.