Morekvior's SFO Pine Textures not showing up?

Hi there,

My trees aren't being affected by this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/44600?tab=files&file_id=183542&nmm=1)

I tried overwriting to both Morekvior and Myrkvior but neither attempts were fruitful. I'm stumped and would love to see those trees again - oh man

plugins: https://pastebin.com/sr2f1X37

pic: https://imgur.com/a/kzBMtUc

Are you using Skyrim Anniversary Ed or have you preserved SSE prior to the update? If you are on SAE, then these mods should still work, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some issues.

Morekvior has no plugin, so it simply overrides Myrkvior models and textures. How do you know that your trees are not being affected by Morekvior? The diffs are only subtle unless you know what to look for.

All you need to do is get Myrkvior working. Leave Morekvior disabled while you do this.

Sort plugins with LOOT stand-alone (or use Vortex, which integrates latest version of LOOT).

We advise to use Mod Organizer for much enhanced conflict discovery tools, but Vortex will work.

Once you verify Mrykvior works, enable Morekvior and be certain that all of it's assets override Myrkvior's. Your trees will use Morekvior where it has replacers (it only replaces a subset of Mrykvior).

EDIT: I think you also posted on the Morekvior Add-On mod page on Nexus? If you are trying to install SFO with Myrkvior, it won't work. They are not compatible. Myrkvior has snowy pines up on the southern mountain slopes though, and these are from SFO.

If you are talking about LOD, then the Add-On DynDOLOD mod will only work with the models shipped with Morekvior. Myrkvior also has it's own LOD models, and I created hybrids for that as well. Read the Installation notes in the Description:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54141/?tab=description&jump_to_comment=101654428

On 11/13/2021 at 12:24 AM, z929669 said:

Are you using Skyrim Anniversary Ed or have you preserved SSE prior to the update? If you are on SAE, then these mods should still work, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some issues.

Morekvior has no plugin, so it simply overrides Myrkvior models and textures. How do you know that your trees are not being affected by Morekvior? The diffs are only subtle unless you know what to look for.

All you need to do is get Myrkvior working. Leave Morekvior disabled while you do this.

Sort plugins with LOOT stand-alone (or use Vortex, which integrates latest version of LOOT).

We advise to use Mod Organizer for much enhanced conflict discovery tools, but Vortex will work.

Once you verify Mrykvior works, enable Morekvior and be certain that all of it's assets override Myrkvior's. Your trees will use Morekvior where it has replacers (it only replaces a subset of Mrykvior).

EDIT: I think you also posted on the Morekvior Add-On mod page on Nexus? If you are trying to install SFO with Myrkvior, it won't work. They are not compatible. Myrkvior has snowy pines up on the southern mountain slopes though, and these are from SFO.

If you are talking about LOD, then the Add-On DynDOLOD mod will only work with the models shipped with Morekvior. Myrkvior also has it's own LOD models, and I created hybrids for that as well. Read the Installation notes in the Description:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54141/?tab=description&jump_to_comment=101654428

I updated to Anniversary Edition before using https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618?tab=logs

I want my trees to look like the snowy ones in this 28406-1566319015-1588187450.jpeg

But they end up looking like the image in OP. The pine branch I'm talking about is Native to the Skyrim Flora Overhaul mod but was posted on the Morekvior page with permissions to be used. They look really nice and that's the only reason I want it so much - I used to run it before my PC BSODed so I'm just trying to get my Skyrim back to the way it was. Really appreciate you taking the time :)

On 11/13/2021 at 12:24 AM, z929669 said:

Hi could you spare another minute? If i move everything to the bottom of the load order will that help? Everything looks great and Morekvior+myrkvior run fine but the trees never look like the screenshot above.

31 minutes ago, Awareness said:

Hi could you spare another minute? If i move everything to the bottom of the load order will that help? Everything looks great and Morekvior+myrkvior run fine but the trees never look like the screenshot above.

If you are running two tree mods, then the plugin load order matters just as much or more than the asset priority, particularly if custom texture paths are used. SFO customizes vanilla trees. Myrkvior does the same and adds a bunch of new trees, so they are not compatible without patching them with xEdit. It is pretty simple to patch these two to get specific SFO trees to win.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

If you are running two tree mods, then the plugin load order matters just as much or more than the asset priority, particularly if custom texture paths are used. SFO customizes vanilla trees. Myrkvior does the same and adds a bunch of new trees, so they are not compatible without patching them with xEdit. It is pretty simple to patch these two to get specific SFO trees to win.

I'm actually talking about this: a Vurt approved Pine Tree texture from his SFO available to download on the Morekvior page. Do you think you can try downloading it and letting me know if it works for you right off the bat?

1 hour ago, Awareness said:

I'm actually talking about this: a Vurt approved Pine Tree texture from his SFO available to download on the Morekvior page. Do you think you can try downloading it and letting me know if it works for you right off the bat?

Then overwrite assets with that tree in MO left pane, and sort TFoS plugin to win in right pane of MO. But that tree won't have LOD, since there is no model for it..

11 hours ago, z929669 said:

Then overwrite assets with that tree in MO left pane, and sort TFoS plugin to win in right pane of MO. But that tree won't have LOD, since there is no model for it..

omg you were right! I asked Kojaks on his discord group and he told me these textures were only visible by helgen and north of angi's camp. Man was right and I feel like an utter fool but thank you especially for coming back and helping even though it was a dumb question haha!