ENB Lights For Effect Shaders (by powerofthree)

D1Z4STR

27 minutes ago, z929669 said:

How is this possible? There is no plugin. It's meshes and a DLL.

The MA seems to advocate it's use with or without ENB Light.

It all depends how things are handled. If the DLL is overwriting everything, including ENB Light, then there is no worry. The DLL is always going to win. I haven't looked at this mod closely enough to know what it's doing. I simply know that ENB Light has some of these effects covered just by looking at the files, which is all I looked at to verify it was or wasn't covering these shaders.

Any speculation can be resolved by simply asking about it on this mod's page. Po3 typically responds.

27 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

It all depends how things are handled. If the DLL is overwriting everything, including ENB Light, then there is no worry. The DLL is always going to win. I haven't looked at this mod closely enough to know what it's doing. I simply know that ENB Light has some of these effects covered just by looking at the files, which is all I looked at to verify it was or wasn't covering these shaders.

Any speculation can be resolved by simply asking about it on this mod's page. Po3 typically responds.

Yeah, that's what I mean. He has responded to such questions, albeit without elaboration. He has basically said that it is not redundant with ENB Light when someone said that "it's one or the other". So: the MA has insinuated that both can be run together. See my previous post with link.

• 4 weeks later...

Powerofthree just doesn't respond to the question of using this mod with ENB Light.

His description clearly states:

Compatibility

• Other ENB light mods that add lights to effect shaders using addon models - no conflict but redundant.

powerofthree states that they are not totally redundant

Experienced users are using both this mod and ENB Light, so that's validation enough for me that it doesn't mess anything up with "double lights". There is just partial but not complete redundancy with mods like ENB Light. Redundant doesn't mean duplication or performance cost.

I don't know what more I can say or do to advocate for this mod other than install it yourselves and determine if there is any difference in your performance or otherwise.

I use both personally and I havn't found any "double lights". As I understand its mainly for FX shaders i.e. magic effects etc whereas ENB light is more concerned with making objects glow. If I'm honest I'm not 100% sure what overlap there is and I should probably read teh notes more but as it hasn't caused noticeable issues I'm not overly concerned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...