ENB Lights For Effect Shaders (by powerofthree)

D1Z4STR

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mod updated on Nexus. We should probably compare against ENB Light, since that mod is not maintained and a WIP.

Version 2.0

• Support for Anniversary Edition (1.6 and above)
  • Added effect shader overrides (for effectshader and ENB light type)
  • Moved blacklist and overrides over to shareable _ENBL configs
  • Effect shaders can now be written using editorIDs in _ENBL configs

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

Seems the impression is that this replaces ENB Light, it doesn't. ENB Light has more than effect shaders and from the comments it seems there is very little overlap.

OK, I recall that you were looking at this as an alternative, but you obviously have looked more closely at this one since. I haven't dug into this at all really. Just noted the update and was reminded by that.

I haven't looked too much more than reading the comments. Seems ENB Lights only covers a few effect shaders. This mod has a blacklist feature so if any mods add new effect shaders that shouldn't have lights, they can be added to the list and they will be skipped. I don't know if there are any of these new shaders in the Guide. It'll have to be something we look for.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, z929669 said:

I've been running this for a while now without issue. It Since it adds ENB lights to effects shaders, it makes sense to use it with the Step ENB. I vote to accept this one for 2.1.0.

How are you running with ENB Lights? They do the same with the shaders.

46 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

How are you running with ENB Lights? They do the same with the shaders.

I am running with all 2.1.0 test mods and this one. My reasoning is that this mod's shaders will cover anything that ENB Lights and other mods don't cover. Others are doing the same, since it isn't clear what is or is not redundant.

powerofthree states that they are not totally redundant.

• 1 month later...

ENB Light most definitely has as at least some of these already covered, from what I can tell. They are just named differently so you're not going to see conflicts in MO. These needs to be tested against ENB Light. As it is, you might get double lights with both installed (one from ENB Light and one from this mod).

11 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

ENB Light most definitely has as at least some of these already covered, from what I can tell. They are just named differently so you're not going to see conflicts in MO. These needs to be tested against ENB Light. As it is, you might get double lights with both installed (one from ENB Light and one from this mod).

How is this possible? There is no plugin. It's meshes and a DLL. (I honestly don't know)

The MA seems to advocate it's use with or without ENB Light.

I've had it installed for months, and have not noticed anything funky ... but I have not been looking for ENB lighting effects explicitly to test this.