Fixing 'Plugin not found: Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp'

qwrtui1245

Question

Hi, 

I'm modding SkyrimSE with MO2 by following this version of the step guide: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:1.0.0#04-Foundation. I've followed everything until now but experience problems with the first mod I need to install without using Nexus. It's Skyrim SE particle patch for ENB and I downloaded 'SPECIAL EDITION > ALL-IN-ONE INSTALLATION > LATEST VERSION (GOOGLE DRIVE)'. It's installation went fine (Situation A) but when I have to enable the optional ESP 'Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp' I get the message 'Plugin not found: Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp' in my log (Situation B). 

I've tried: reinstalling the mod, refreshing, enabling and disabling the mod, restarting MO2, re-downloading the file. It doesn't fix my problem. I've added the pictures of situation A and B. I hope there are people who can help me here. Thanks so much in advance!

Situation A

image.thumb.png.f470d804d520e8623cd5c0dc94ce98a0.png

Situation B

image.thumb.png.46a8775f513781ea4093d135dd3540cb.png

5 answers to this question

You're able to download it at all?  I get to this point:
image.thumb.png.f91fc9900587fb5ab8056e2cdfa3d9ec.png
And clicking "Download Anyway" does nothing.  It looks like it loads the page for a split second, then nothing.

Can anyone upload it for me, or send it to me?  I'd be extremely grateful.

Edited by WiredNet
Adding request

8 hours ago, WiredNet said:

And clicking "Download Anyway" does nothing.  It looks like it loads the page for a split second, then nothing.

Check your download folder again. The behavior sounds what i got and the file actually downloads.

15 hours ago, WiredNet said:

Usually need to click this twice to get it started

On 10/17/2021 at 11:05 PM, DoubleYou said:

The plugin is no needed for STEP 1.0. This is why we instruct to place the plugin in Optional ESPs. This is also why it says the plugin is not found. This is the expected result.

Hey thanks for your reply! With your clarification I guess no further action is needed. Just leave in the optional ESPs :)

I went on vacation in the meantime and thus my reply is a bit late... Whoops!