SkyUI - Ghost Item Bug Fix (by SkyUI Team and EdmanSA)

DoubleYou

• 2 weeks later...

This mod does not fix what I thought it might fix. I have tried to reproduce the bug, but I must not be understanding it somehow, as the steps to get the bug are quite complicated and outside most people's usage I'd say. Not to say it isn't a valid fix though.

3 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

This mod does not fix what I thought it might fix. I have tried to reproduce the bug, but I must not be understanding it somehow, as the steps to get the bug are quite complicated and outside most people's usage I'd say. Not to say it isn't a valid fix though.

So you are saying that this mod isn't a valid fix for anything or just not for what you had hoped?

Drop from testing and consideration?

46 minutes ago, z929669 said:

So you are saying that this mod isn't a valid fix for anything or just not for what you had hoped?

Drop from testing and consideration?

Just not what I had hoped. I haven't been exposed to the issue it is fixing, and I haven't quite figured out how to replicate it.

This is an updated Papyrus script that fixes the Ghost Item problem where you if you upgrade or drop (amongst other things) an item what was in a SkyUI favourite group, you can no longer equip similar items in that group using the group equip key.

Sounds like it should be fairly easy to replicate. Create a favorite group, upgrade one of the items (I assume they mean at a forge) or drop it and pick it back up (this seems obvious if you drop an item it would be removed from the group?), and then try to equip that group using the group hotkey.

That's what I had thought, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

2 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Sounds like it should be fairly easy to replicate. Create a favorite group, upgrade one of the items (I assume they mean at a forge) or drop it and pick it back up (this seems obvious if you drop an item it would be removed from the group?), and then try to equip that group using the group hotkey.

11 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

The full description states that the item must be in two favorite groups so add the item e.g. Group 2 and Group 6. If you then drop the item from your inventory, it is removed from Group 2 and becomes a ghost in Group 6. If you then attempt to equip Group 6 either nothing is equipped or this specific item isn't equipped? I'm not convinced I understand it all to be honest, but this is how I am interpreting the full description. I think what he's ultimately saying is that when an item changes FormID or is dropped, SkyUI removes the first instance from the first group and stops without removing the instances from any other groups.

• 1 month later...

Finally. I was finally able to encounter this bug. Took me until I reached level 73 and upgrading all my equipment and equip sets with brand new enchanted and crafted armor. Stupid boots would not equip via the equip set. And this mod fixed it. Works like a charm.

I vote to accept this.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

Finally. I was finally able to encounter this bug. Took me until I reached level 73 and upgrading all my equipment and equip sets with brand new enchanted and crafted armor. Stupid boots would not equip via the equip set. And this mod fixed it. Works like a charm.

I vote to accept this.

Wow, that's dedication. Thanks for validating.

I second this.