Consistent Older People is now hidden

So I was doing a STEP installation when I noticed that this mod which is required for the CR patch is actually hidden now, so how am I supposed to go about the installation, is there someway I can remove the dependency?

18 minutes ago, Myth said:

So I was doing a STEP installation when I noticed that this mod which is required for the CR patch is actually hidden now, so how am I supposed to go about the installation, is there someway I can remove the dependency?

@TechAngel85 Has maintained the CR Patch for the current LE guide, so I will defer to him to resolve the requirement.

I recommend continuing the install as normal, and we should have things resolved by the time you have everything installed.

Looks like the author is unhappy with Nexus' new policy of never deleting files but rather archiving them instead ... which makes no sense at all if authors can hide their mod pages, effectively 'deleting' all of the files at least until the mod page is unhidden.

Well I finished the install so I was looking to install the CR patch, but yea it's unfortunate and the hiding happened only on 1st of this month, I looked around but couldn't find anyone talking about it so I thought maybe I should bring it to people's attention that the cr patch needs updating.

While I'm at it I should also mention that 2 more mods in the step guide are now hidden, namely font overhaul and kenmod but they're not masters for any other mods so it should be fine I guess?

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

@TechAngel85 Has maintained the CR Patch for the current LE guide, so I will defer to him to resolve the requirement.

I recommend continuing the install as normal, and we should have things resolved by the time you have everything installed.

Looks like the author is unhappy with Nexus' new policy of never deleting files but rather archiving them instead ... which makes no sense at all if authors can hide their mod pages, effectively 'deleting' all of the files at least until the mod page is unhidden.

Remember...I don't even have that game installed. We have a Curator now, @Darklocq.

24 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Remember...I don't even have that game installed. We have a Curator now, @Darklocq.

Well, you created the patch, and it applies to the old guide, so I'd argue that you need to remove the dependency.

Otherwise, if Darklocq doesn't get to it, the LE guide must be retired, as I don't run LE any longer either.

12 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Well, you created the patch, and it applies to the old guide, so I'd argue that you need to remove the dependency.

Otherwise, the LE guide must be retired, as I don't run LE any longer either.

It was retired, but Darklocq wanted to Curate it. When that happened, I removed it from my system. All this type of work needs to be handled by current Curator, regardless who did what in the past. 

14 minutes ago, z929669 said:

OK, so the answer is that one of the current guide users will need to load the CR patch in xEdit and remove the requirement (and then share the modified patch back with us).

Where's Darklocq?

It's really easy to remove those edits:

1. Double-click on the Patch when xEdit opens so that it only loads the Patch and its masters
  2. Once loaded, expand Consistent Older People tree completely (Alt+click on the plus icon)
  3. Going record by record, click on the first record and look for the Step Patch column
  4. Any time the column is present on the record, right-click the Patch name on the column and select remove
  5. Once finished checking all the records for Consistent Older People, expand the Patch's tree and click File Header
  6. Scroll down until you see Consistent Older People and remove it (right-click) This requires the launch argument that we removed from the Guide that everyone was having a fuss over. 
  7. Now simply close and save

DO NOT USE "clean masters" ON THE PATCH! Remove it manually as instructed.

45 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Where's Darklocq?

It's really easy to remove those edits:

1. Double-click on the Patch when xEdit opens so that it only loads the Patch and its masters
  2. Once loaded, expand Consistent Older People tree completely (Alt+click on the plus icon)
  3. Going record by record, click on the first record and look for the Step Patch column
  4. Any time the column is present on the record, right-click the Patch name on the column and select remove
  5. Once finished checking all the records for Consistent Older People, expand the Patch's tree and click File Header
  6. Scroll down until you see Consistent Older People and remove it (right-click) This requires the launch argument that we removed from the Guide that everyone was having a fuss over. 
  7. Now simply close and save

DO NOT USE "clean masters" ON THE PATCH! Remove it manually as instructed.

Can you provide that launch arg?

Thanks for posting these instructions.

Anyone reading this and running the LE guide, please reply if you care to edit the Step CR Patch for us so that new users can run the LE guide without COP.

I don't have the STEP LE 3.0 guide installed at this time either, although I have Skyrim Legendary Edition installed and was using it with the 2.10 guide. If you don't beat me to it, I may be able to set up the guide and the remove Consistent Older People from the CR patch this weekend. I just verified I have Consistent Older People 31b All USLEEP-19730-3-1b.7z in my Skyrim LE mod archives.

2 hours ago, Greg said:

I don't have the STEP LE 3.0 guide installed at this time either, although I have Skyrim Legendary Edition installed and was using it with the 2.10 guide. If you don't beat me to it, I may be able to set up the guide and the remove Consistent Older People from the CR patch this weekend. I just verified I have Consistent Older People 31b All USLEEP-19730-3-1b.7z in my Skyrim LE mod archives.

That would be great if you could ;)

Just to be clear, you do need the Consistent older people mod to modify the patch and remove the master right?

If not I can edit it when I get to my pc later today.

EDIT: Just checked, I do need the mod to load patch into xedit so i guess i sit this one out and wait for someone with the mod to deliver a patch

Edited by Myth

I reached out to winterlove, and he has made the mod available on AFK Mods. Caveat is that you need to register on their forums to obtain it. I have offered to host as wel, so we'll se.

In the meantime, here's the link:

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/2301-consistent-older-people/

Not sure if Slyrim LE/SE both use same file or not, but this one is definitely SE

EDIT: The above link points to SSE version only. Hopefully the SLE version will be up there as well at some point.