RUSTIC RELIEFS (by Gamwich)

TechAngel85

Discussion topic:

RUSTIC RELIEFS by Gamwich

Wiki Link

STEP SE Notes:

Most of these compiled mods were in STEP LE. However, it should be tested against any current conflicts within the SE Guide. Nordic Murals is already included in the Guide so there is no need to compare that.

Nordic Dungeons

Vanilla > STEP (mix of SRO & RCI) > RUSTIC RELIEFS on top of STEP

Spoiler

Shot67.pngShot54.pngShot61.png

Shot68.pngShot55.pngShot62.png

Shot69.pngShot57.pngShot63.png

Shot70.pngShot58.pngShot64.png

The rest...

Vanilla > STEP (SRO or Dragon Glyphs HD - Fixed) > RUSTIC RELIEFS on top of STEP

Spoiler

Kings Monuments

Shot148.pngShot154.pngShot161.png

Shot149.pngShot155.pngShot162.png

Windhelm Tombstones

Shot150.pngShot156.pngShot163.png

500 Wall

Vanilla > STEP (with vanilla texture) > STEP (with SRO texture) > RUSTIC RELIEFS on top of STEP

Shot168.pngShot169.pngShot157.pngShot164.png

Word wall and alphabet

Shot151.pngShot158.pngShot165.png

Shot152.pngShot159.pngShot166.png

Guardian Stones

Shot153.pngShot160.pngShot167.png

• 5 weeks later...

From the screens up right now, this mod seems unnecessary, IMO.

The STEP LE guide was using Rustic Monuments and Tombstones and Rustic Nordic Murals from this set and I think both of these were good choices. I think the primary difference in the Windhelm monument wall and tombstones is that Skyrim Realistic Overhaul is weathered and difficult/impossible to read whereas Rustic Monuments and Tombstones is not so weathered and easy to read, but this is strictly based on looking at the DDS files.

Rustic Standing Stones and Rustic Word Walls were both in testing for the STEP LE guide. I think the standing stones appeared to be somewhat rusty and I doubt it would have been included based on the conversations. I have no idea where Rustic Word Walls would have ended up except to say it sounds as @TechAngel85 may have given a very slight edge to Rustic Word Walls after removing the normal map that caused the stone to be too bumpy.

Yeah, I've got a few saves for a few more compares...it's just finding the time (and willpower) to provide some more. The compares in the OP are just a small set of some of what this mod provides. If accepted, I'm sure we'll be hiding textures from it, else, we can just include the LE versions since most textures port to SE without any issue.

I totally understand the time it takes getting compares for mods like this. Hence the need for Mod Testers with the desire to help out :yes:

Part of my issue is that I hadn't started a playthrough in a good while so all my testing has just been COCing into the game, find object, save, grab shots, and post. However, some of this stuff takes a bit of exploring to find so I've been trying to save when I know a compare needs to be done in the location as I'm playing through some of the story again.

• 3 weeks later...

Added the rest of the compares to the OP.

For the rest, personally, I like Rustic for all but the 500 Wall and Guardian Stones.

The Monuments are clear improvements as the fake painted snow around the edges is gone and they appear to light far better by the fires. The Rustic tombstones blend far better and look as if they'd be made from the available rock in Skyrim. Also, the figures aren't just painted on, but appear carved. The 500 wall looks cartoony to me from Rustic; I prefer STEP with SRO as it blends the best. The Rustic alphabet is actually closer to vanilla, whereas, Dragon Glyphs (STEP) textures are either a bit overdone (imo), which can be see in that further away shot. Finally, the Rustic Guardian Stone texture has never been something that I've cared for. It's not lore friendly because lore says these stones cannot be harmed in any way (not by man nor nature). Therefore, Rustic's "eroded" style doesn't fit the lore.

• 3 months later...