Fire Halo Remover (by khazhak)

TechAngel85

• 2 years later...
10 hours ago, z929669 said:

This mod may be redundant with Embers XD. I will be testing that mod with and without this mod.

I've been wondering about it for the longest time but have been too lazy to investigate :)

I suspect this mod may simply be ineffective when Embers XD is used. This mod replaces a vanilla texture, while Embers XD replaces vanilla meshes with meshes using custom textures (i.e. that don't overwrite vanilla textures) and their own glow effects.

It'll be good to know for sure based on your tests.

• Like 1

Testing this mod with Embers XD (all options active, no effects excluded) and no ENB active:

With this mod active and Embers XD  >  With this mod inactive and Embers XD

SkyrimSE 2022-03-28 17-40-47-72.jpgSkyrimSE 2022-03-28 17-40-49-12.jpg

I captured several screens with each, and picked the one with the most glow for each ... I see only the slightest glow in the second shot beneath the ?sconce? (I forget the proper term for this). That said, I see the same in some of the shots with this mod installed ... It's just variation. So this mod is redundant with Embers XD, IMO.

I vote to drop it.

For good measure, I decided to test this mod without Embers XD:

With this mod active   >  With this mod inactive 

SkyrimSE 2022-03-28 17-59-00-50.jpgSkyrimSE 2022-03-28 18-02-55-47.jpg

So, for this particular flame, this mod has no impact with Step setup.

now I guess I need to find a flame with this issue ... back in a while with that news....

Now Testing another location demonstrates that this mod does apply to specific flames with this issue, but not when Embers XD is used:

Vanilla  >  this mod  >  Embers XD (yellow)  >  Embers XD (orange)  [Embers XD has all "Further Customization" options unticked]

SkyrimSE 2022-03-28 20-27-05-44.jpgSkyrimSE 2022-03-28 20-39-25-27.jpgSkyrimSE 2022-03-28 20-35-25-23.jpgSkyrimSE 2022-03-28 20-44-28-89.jpg

• 1 month later...