Skyrim TVDT - Occlusion Culling Data

sheson

The screenshot does not seem to reflect the entire load order.

Load the entire load order into xEdit and check all but the vanilla+DLC plugins for errors. Fix all unresolved errors. 

Perhaps i over complicated my question (which by i mean i asked about more than i needed to). I did check for errors for all the plugins. And there were lots, which i thought would be expected when using a guide like Lexy's, and unless I'm mistaken, their is not a place in the guide where it is stated that I need to resolve these issues.

All im asking is about this one error during the xLODGEN Occlusion generation.

[01:11] <DLC1ForbearsHoldoutExterior01 [CELL:000093A8] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -21,16) Error while updating TVDT data: Load order FileID [05] can not be mapped to file FileID for file "Occlusion.esp">

I tried to provide the whole log earlier but was having issues, but here it is now https://privatebin.net/?e9cdae456a7624de#8QvLSi3JXrq14q5W68czgURGLoMMY7EkuBBKvFt4u7iJ

That's the only issue im worried about. I hope this post does not come across with an attitude, that is not my intention, I appreciate all that you do for this community.

Perhaps i over complicated my question (which by i mean i asked about more than i needed to). I did check for errors for all the plugins. And there were lots, which i thought would be expected when using a guide like Lexy's, and unless I'm mistaken, their is not a place in the guide where it is stated that I need to resolve these issues.

All im asking is about this one error during the xLODGEN Occlusion generation.

[01:11]

I tried to provide the whole log earlier but was having issues, but here it is now https://privatebin.net/?e9cdae456a7624de#8QvLSi3JXrq14q5W68czgURGLoMMY7EkuBBKvFt4u7iJ

That's the only issue im worried about. I hope this post does not come across with an attitude, that is not my intention, I appreciate all that you do for this community.

Error messages mean that there are errors that need to be fixed. Errors happen because something is wrong. The cause of the error should be fixed. The most likely cause of this error is unresolved errors in the load order or maybe a broken patch. They are not normal. I suggest to ask for help with the third party guide at their forum/discord. 

Forgive me, you’re right, I was being ignorant. I found out the issue was with a Tree and Flora merge and by extension the Smash patch. After I rebuilt the merge and the Smash patch everything was fine and the Occulsion gen went through with out error. The other errors I had were Tint Layer issues which I found out is not an issue and they routinely tell people to ignore them on the discord.

If I choose +Border mode, it take only more time to generate? Any visual or performance changes?

+Border means to only process cells if they are linked to a region that has the Border Region flag set - since the player is normally restricted to cells inside the border region. Do not use +Border for plugins which require to disable borders in the Skyrim.INI. Do not use if no suitable cells are found in case the worldspace has no border region defined.

+Border means to only process cells if they are linked to a region that has the Border Region flag set - since the player is normally restricted to cells inside the border region. Do not use +Border for plugins which require to disable borders in the Skyrim.INI. Do not use if no suitable cells are found in case the worldspace has no border region defined.

; All = update all CELLs that have terrain height data
; +Border = "All" with a border region
I think that +Border processed more cells, isn't it?

What mode is optimal for ingame performance? I have 60 fps with ~85% videocard load, but at some places LODs drop it to 50 fps. 

; All = update all CELLs that have terrain height data
; +Border = "All" with a border region
I think that +Border processed more cells, isn't it?

What mode is optimal for ingame performance? I have 60 fps with ~85% videocard load, but at some places LODs drop it to 50 fps. 

Read the included Skyrim-Occlusion-Readme.txt that I already quoted. Anything but "All" is obviously less cells to process. As explained, this setting changes which cells are updated with new occlusion data. It does not change what is occluded.

As the readme explains the settings that affect occlusion data are Quality, Height and Radius.

• 3 months later...

Hello again. :) I can't believe how beautiful and performance efficient the results are with DynDOLOD. Amazing work.

I'm trying to generate occlusion data for my game. Read through this thread and did searches for my errors more generally... Well, before that I tried to generate static object LOD and occlusion with DynDOLOD all in one go... Then saw the recommended process here, regenerated LOD with DynDOLOD and tried Occlusion (Quality 3) in xLODGen, hoping to see some cell IDs.

The report exceeds the size limit, but here's what it said after the background loader finished:

[00:00] Generating LOD
[00:00] [Tamriel] Generating Pre-Computed Occlusion TVDT
[00:00] [Tamriel] Land height: -27000, Water height: -14000
[00:00] [Tamriel] LODsettings: Level 4 to 32 stride 256 from -96,-96 to 0,0
[00:00] [Tamriel] Gathering CELL records
[00:01] [Tamriel] Building height map from 11188 cell records
[00:10] [Tamriel] Updating height map from terrain LOD meshes
[00:16] [Tamriel] Updating height map from object LOD meshes
[01:17] Error processing quad [-12,-8] Access violation at address 000000000040E72F in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Read of address 00000001343EF180
One or more errors occurred
[01:18] Error processing quad [-32,-4] Access violation at address 00007FF81C1ADF23 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 0000000000000024
[01:18] Error processing quad [-36,0] Access violation at address 00007FF81C1ADF23 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 0000000000000024
[01:18] Error processing quad [44,-12] Access violation at address 00007FF81C1ADF23 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 0000000000000024
[01:18] Error processing quad [-44,4] Access violation at address 00007FF81C1ADF23 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 0000000000000024

I'm crossing my fingers hoping I didn't miss some obvious instruction again. Whaddaya think? Will I need to check errors for all plugins, or do these numbers and .dlls point to a less intensive fix?

Update: I went ahead and checked the entire list of plugins for errors! :thumbsup:

But I only fixed the "could not resolve" ones, because -idon'tknowwhati'mdoing

I'll just leave this here for posterity, since it seemed to help? And I had trouble finding it the second time.

https://youtu.be/Zr7pz4JGSEM

LODGen got much farther this time. It looks like it was updating the height map for RiftenWorld occlusion when it had more access violation errors. I don't think I've touched The Rift with my mods overmuch.

I've uploaded my error logs here.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jotr02fqnj8sz6m/DyndolodexeOcclusionException.txt/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wlj73920ep9z9dv/LODGenOcclusionErrorProcessingQuad.txt/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ogx4hszozjfewqn/LODGenOcclusionError%232.txt/file

I was wondering if the Tel Nalta mod and/or the LC Citadel mod could have been the culprit(s) after fixing errors in those, but I just now retried again with quality level 2 and got "access violation in module ntdll.dll" again right at the beginning.

• 3 months later...

Quick question, which seems obvious, but couldn't find it in text anywhere...

When generating the data can the terrain meshes and textures be in an archive or do they need to be loose before generating?

I ask because mods like Cathedral Landscapes include the meshes and textures already, but they are in an archive. Just want to be sure these archives are being read for generation.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but what exactly does the Occlusion.esp do? What is the purpose of generating height data? Why would I want to generate this file?

Read the included documentation Skyrim-Occlusion-Readme.txt in the xLODGen archive and the TVDT - Occlusion Data section in Docs/DynDOLOD_Manual.html to learn about TVDT data.

• +1 1

• 3 months later...