• Skyrim Improved Puddles
  • 3D Trees and Plants
  • JK's Skyrim
  • AI Overhaul
  • Embers XD
  • JK's Skyrim - AI Overhaul Patch
  • JK's Skyrim feat Trees in Cities
  • Mihail's House Cat
  • Forge Script Patch (generated via Apply Script)
  • DynDOLOD.esp
  • my Smashed Patch (I use it as general patch for several mods to prevent plugin clutter, it doesn't apply to the entire load order)
  • Occlusion.esp (the old one, but the error appeared even without it)

I might add that DynDOLOD.esp doesn't contain Max Height Data (which I think is weird, becaue DynDOLOD.esm does), but my Smashed Patch and old Occlusion.esp has it (it's at default value).

The records in the DynDOLOD plugins (and Occlusion.esp for that matter) are created by copying the record from the plugin before, e.g. typically the highest ESP at that time. So if something is "missing" it is because of the highest plugin for that record didn't have it.

15 minutes ago, Katarsi said:
  • USSEP
  • Landscape and Water Fixes
  • DynDOLOD.esm
  • Skyrim Improved Puddles
  • 3D Trees and Plants
  • JK's Skyrim
  • AI Overhaul
  • Embers XD
  • JK's Skyrim - AI Overhaul Patch
  • JK's Skyrim feat Trees in Cities
  • Mihail's House Cat
  • Forge Script Patch (generated via Apply Script)
  • DynDOLOD.esp
  • my Smashed Patch (I use it as general patch for several mods to prevent plugin clutter, it doesn't apply to the entire load order)
  • Occlusion.esp (the old one, but the error appeared even without it)

Check what happens when using this debug version.

11 minutes ago, sheson said:

The records in the DynDOLOD plugins (and Occlusion.esp for that matter) are created by copying the record from the plugin before, e.g. typically the highest ESP at that time. So if something is "missing" it is because of the highest plugin for that record didn't have it.

So... Should I generate DynDOLOD again and check if it forwards Max Height Data? The highest plugin didn't have it at the time when it was generated before. Perhaps that's the problem.

I'll try that first and then use your new debug version :)

1 minute ago, Katarsi said:

So... Should I generate DynDOLOD again and check if it forwards Max Height Data? The highest plugin didn't have it at the time when it was generated before. Perhaps that's the problem.

It doesn't matter that it doesn't have the data. You can just drag and drop the data from another plugin into the DynDOLOD.esp with xEdit.

12 minutes ago, sheson said:

It doesn't matter that it doesn't have the data. You can just drag and drop the data from another plugin into the DynDOLOD.esp with xEdit.

Ok, I forwarded that data into DynDOLOD.esp, but it didn't change anything.

I ran your new debug version and I had no change whatsoever, here's the log: https://easyupload.io/1550oc

Also, still no bugreport.txt file.

23 minutes ago, Katarsi said:

Ok, I forwarded that data into DynDOLOD.esp, but it didn't change anything.

I ran your new debug version and I had no change whatsoever, here's the log: https://easyupload.io/1550oc

Also, still no bugreport.txt file.

If that data would have been important I would have said something.

OK, since it is unable to generate a bugreport and still reports a range check error despite that check being disabled you will have to remove the listed plugins one by one to see which is causing the problem. Start with the most right, e.g. the last to overwrite the worldspace record. Do that with xLODGen beta 81

3 hours ago, sheson said:

If that data would have been important I would have said something.

OK, since it is unable to generate a bugreport and still reports a range check error despite that check being disabled you will have to remove the listed plugins one by one to see which is causing the problem. Start with the most right, e.g. the last to overwrite the worldspace record. Do that with xLODGen beta 81

Thank you sheson for bearing with me :)

I'll try to find the problematic plugin. Will report if I succeed.

Sheson, I found it :)

The culprit was Trees in Cities for JK Skyrim. That mod is just a plugin, no meshes or textures. I had built LOD with DynDOLOD 3 beforehand; there was a dependency, so I had to remove DynDOLOD.esp as well before generating Occlusion. Once it was done, I added them both back. I hope that is alright?

Oh, and, this might be unrelated for this thread, but I also had to remove The Blackest Reaches so I could build LOD with DynDOLOD 3, because it was giving me the same "access violation" error as Occlusion with Trees for JK. And I removed DVLaSS permanently because DynDOLOD 3 warned me about it.

Should I approach the mod creators of Trees for JK and The Blackest Reaches about these issues, and if so, what do I tell them?

Either way, thank you for all your help!

8 minutes ago, Katarsi said:

Sheson, I found it :)

The culprit was Trees in Cities for JK Skyrim. That mod is just a plugin, no meshes or textures. I had built LOD with DynDOLOD 3 beforehand; there was a dependency, so I had to remove DynDOLOD.esp as well before generating Occlusion. Once it was done, I added them both back. I hope that is alright?

Oh, and, this might be unrelated for this thread, but I also had to remove The Blackest Reaches so I could build LOD with DynDOLOD 3, because it was giving me the same "access violation" error as Occlusion with Trees for JK. And I removed DVLaSS permanently because DynDOLOD 3 warned me about it.

Should I approach the mod creators of Trees for JK and The Blackest Reaches about these issues, and if so, what do I tell them?

Either way, thank you for all your help!

Temporarily removing plugins is a troubleshooting step to test if said plugin is the culprit of a problem. Now that you reported it, I can hopefully test myself what the problem is and if it is something in the plugin that needs fixing or if it is a bug in the program.

You should make a proper error report about the other plugin in the DynDOLOD 3 alpha test  thread with the logs and bugreport as explained in the first post. It is very unlikely that the location and reason for that access violation is the same.

DynDOLOD 3 does not replace DVLaSS. It only replaces the underside that is included in the mod. Make sure to read message carefully and to use the "Help for this message" link for further explanations as suggested by the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 alpha test.

48 minutes ago, sheson said:

Temporarily removing plugins is a troubleshooting step to test if said plugin is the culprit of a problem. Now that you reported it, I can hopefully test myself what the problem is and if it is something in the plugin that needs fixing or if it is a bug in the program.

You should make a proper error report about the other plugin in the DynDOLOD 3 alpha test  thread with the logs and bugreport as explained in the first post. It is very unlikely that the location and reason for that access violation is the same.

DynDOLOD 3 does not replace DVLaSS. It only replaces the underside that is included in the mod. Make sure to read message carefully and to use the "Help for this message" link for further explanations as suggested by the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 alpha test.

I will report in DynDOLOD 3. It had actually created a bugreport.txt! I still don't know why Occlusion doesn't, though.

As for the log, the documentation suggests this log: DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_debug_log.txt, but I don't have it. I have the -sse argument in MO2 executable as per instructions. I do have DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt. But they are huge and they contain data from multiple LOD generations (the previous ones).

EDIT: God, I'm such a dummy. SSE is the game mode. Disregard.

But as for DVLaSS, you got me a bit confused now. I'm sorry, it was late and I was a bit drowsy when I was generating LOD, so I kinda rushed through the warning about that mod and just removed it entirely (I also went through generating grass with No Grass In Objects beforehand, so my concentration wasn't at its best). Does that mean I can now add DVLaSS back? Where can I read the "Help for this message" if I don't have that message anymore? (in other words, please tell me what to do with DVLaSS now - or drop me a link with the explanation about this mod)

Edited by Katarsi

28 minutes ago, Katarsi said:

I will report in DynDOLOD 3. It had actually created a bugreport.txt! I still don't know why Occlusion doesn't, though.

As for the log, the documentation suggests this log: DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_debug_log.txt, but I don't have it. I have the -sse argument in MO2 executable as per instructions. I do have DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt. But they are huge and they contain data from multiple LOD generations (the previous ones).

EDIT: God, I'm such a dummy. SSE is the game mode. Disregard.

But as for DVLaSS, you got me a bit confused now. I'm sorry, it was late and I was a bit drowsy when I was generating LOD, so I kinda rushed through the warning about that mod and just removed it entirely (I also went through generating grass with No Grass In Objects beforehand, so my concentration wasn't at its best). Does that mean I can now add DVLaSS back? Where can I read the "Help for this message" if I don't have that message anymore? (in other words, please tell me what to do with DVLaSS now - or drop me a link with the explanation about this mod)

xLODGen beta 82 will now not stop with out of range message anymore, but just print a notice if it encounters a cell in a plugin that is outside the usable area for occlusion calculations:

<Note: Cell [CELL:FE0018A3] (in WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D] at 338,9) added by JK Skyrim Feat Trees In Cities 5in1 Patch v4_2.esp out of range>

The plugin JK Skyrim Feat Trees In Cities 5in1 Patch v4_2.esp adds a cell at coordinates 338,9. It's an unintended wild edit that the mod author might want to remove at some point, but it is not really hurting anything either AFAIK.

With the new version occlusion generation should just run as usual with the plugin enabled.

There is DynDOLOD/docs/help/Underside.html. Also read the the remarks in the INI above each settings.

1 minute ago, sheson said:

xLODGen beta 82 will now not stop with out of range message anymore, but just print a notice if it encounters a cell in a plugin that is outside the usable area for occlusion calculations:

<Note: Cell [CELL:FE0018A3] (in WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D] at 338,9) added by JK Skyrim Feat Trees In Cities 5in1 Patch v4_2.esp out of range>

The plugin JK Skyrim Feat Trees In Cities 5in1 Patch v4_2.esp adds a cell at coordinates 338,9. It's an unintended wild edit that the mod author might want to remove at some point, but it is not really hurting anything either AFAIK.

There is DynDOLOD/docs/help/Underside.html. Also read the the remarks in the INI above each settings.

Thank you so much :) 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, EazyH said:

Got this warning when generating occlusion w/ xLODGen.83.7 and have never seen this one before. Do I need to fix something?

Thanks

Error when loading  "meshes\terrain\Tamriel\objects\Tamriel.4.-8.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 24 BSSubindex TriShape: Out of Memory

Do not post screenshots of text. Post the entire log as text into spoilers or to pastebin.

If the mentioned NIF is not corrupt and loads without error with NifSkope, then the program needs more memory as the message says.

Sorry Sheson.  But thanks, I will try looking it up in nifskope. As far as mentioning memory, does it mean RAM? VRAM? That doesn’t make sense to me either, as I have 6 GB of vram and 16 Gb of Ram and have never had this issue in the past, and I honestly haven’t changed out my load order much