Skyrim TVDT - Occlusion Culling Data

sheson

hey ShesonI am having an issue generating Occlusion Generation xLODGEN it spewing out a load of errors:

I will add i have just built a new PC so there might be something I forgot to set up

Use the x64 version so it can use more memory.

If this happens with the x64 version, make sure Windows page file settings are default.

I am using the x64 version and i haven't touch page filing

if it help i have i5 10600K runnind at stock and 32GB 3600MHz Ram

Track its memory usage. Try to close some (hidden) processes/programs.

If object LOD meshes are huge because of ultra tree LOD DynDOLOD settings, see if it works by temporarily disabling them so it uses vanilla LOD.

Open a couple of the mentioned *.BTO files in NifSkope to make sure they load and are not somehow corrupted.

Edited by sheson

Sorry if this has already been asked, but if there is a future update, can this be fixed to respect the output directory command line parameter instead of writing occlusion.esp to the game directory? This seems to be the only tool in the xLODGen/DynDOLOD suite that doesn't support this mode of operation.

xLODGen is just a renamed xEdit. xEdit always saves plugins to the games data path and if required creates backups.

Why would Occlusion generation need to be the only tool mode that saves new or updated plugins to a different path, than any of the other xEdit modes/functions?

• 4 months later...

HI!

How can i merge various occlusion.esp files into one? It´s because my pc spends 5:40 hours to generate all the worlds for SkyrimVR in quality 3 (if there is a quality 4 command line, please, i would like to know. I like the maximum occlusion performance possible for my old cpu). It would be very handy for me to be able to divide the process so i can add occlusion data for a specific world from a "new land" mod, for example.

The second question is: how can i delete occlusion data from occlusion.esp of a specific world? For example, i did never be able to run SkyrimVR with Dyndolod generated for Darkend SE mod. It always gives me CTD. I tried the Sheson´s advice of "not generating static LOD" specifically for Darkend, but without success. What i did with Dyndolod:

1- Marked all worlds, clicked in MEDIUM settings, edited \tree to use Ultra Trees (lod4: static lod. lod8 and lod16: billboards. FAR LOD. "Unchanged").

2- Deselected all worlds. Selected only Darkend worlds. Unchecked "Generating static lod".Clicked in MEDIUM settings, edited \tree to use Ultra Trees (lod4: static lod. lod8 and lod16: billboards. FAR LOD. "Unchanged"). Pressed OK.

Thank you!!

Edited by pureblack_HMD_OLED

HI!

How can i merge various occlusion.esp files into one? It´s because my pc spends 5:40 hours to generate all the worlds for SkyrimVR in quality 3 (if there is a quality 4 command line, please, i would like to know. I like the maximum occlusion performance possible for my old cpu). It would be very handy for me to be able to divide the process so i can add occlusion data for a specific world from a "new land" mod, for example.

How to merge plugins is a basic modding question. There are tools and guides to merge plugins.

The second question is: how can i delete occlusion data from occlusion.esp of a specific world?

Deleting records from a plugin is a basic modding question. Load the plugin in xEdit. In the left tree view, unfold the plugin, unfold Worldspace to see the list of worldspaces. Right click a worldspace and select Remove.

For example, i did never be able to run SkyrimVR with Dyndolod generated for Darkend SE mod. It always gives me CTD.

Not sure what this has to do with Occlusion generation. See the DynDOLOD FAQ and readme how to troubleshoot CTD.

I tried the Sheson´s advice of "not generating static LOD" specifically for Darkend, but without success. What i did with Dyndolod:

1- Marked all worlds, clicked in MEDIUM settings, edited \tree to use Ultra Trees (lod4: static lod. lod8 and lod16: billboards. FAR LOD. "Unchanged").

2- Deselected all worlds. Selected only Darkend worlds. Unchecked "Generating static lod".Clicked in MEDIUM settings, edited \tree to use Ultra Trees (lod4: static lod. lod8 and lod16: billboards. FAR LOD. "Unchanged"). Pressed OK.

Thank you!!

If I remember correctly that advice was given 5 years ago for version 1.1 for Skyrim because generating static object LOD for this worldspace would be incomplete. It does not apply to troubleshooting or actually fixing CTD.

There are newer versions of the mod and tools, so those instructions to avoid holes in the object LOD are outdated.

Edited by sheson

How to merge plugins is a basic modding question. There are tools and guides to merge plugins.

Deleting records from a plugin is a basic modding question. Load the plugin in xEdit. In the left tree view, unfold the plugin, unfold Worldspace to see the list of worldspaces. Right click a worldspace and select Remove.

Not sure what this has to do with Occlusion generation. See the DynDOLOD FAQ and readme how to troubleshoot CTD.

If I remember correctly that advice was given 5 years ago for version 1.1 for Skyrim because generating static object LOD for this worldspace would be incomplete. It does not apply to troubleshooting or actually fixing CTD.

There are newer versions of the mod and tools, so those instructions to avoid holes in the object LOD are outdated.

Sheson, thank you for your good will and patience with newbies like me. I will go to study everything you suggested me right now.

Hi,

I tried to merge 2 occlusion esp´s, but came with this error. What i did:

1- Generated occlusion for main worldspace list. Renamed occlusion.esp generated to "bruma till vigilant.esp". Compressed to: bruma till vigilant.7z. Installed in vortex, enabling the esp.

2- Generated occlusion for the new worldspace. Renamed occlusion.esp generated to "chanterelle.esp". Compressed to: chanterelle.7z. Installed in vortex, enabling the esp.

3- I did put both occlusion esp´s after dyndolod.esp in plugins load order.

4- In ZEdit, chose "Create Merge", selected the two esp´s, named the mod as "OCCLUSION bruma till chanterelle" and the esp as: occlusion.esp. Chose Clobber - Merge down (OLD).

5- Resolved 1 load order problem with ELE plugin and clicked OK. (my original load order showed this mod in red).

6- Built the merge and came with the error in attachment.

I would like to know what i did wrong, if possible. Guess that merging occlusion esp´s is not viable. No problem, though.

Thank you."

jvlxPJG.jpg

I want to delete the post above. Seems that i need to uncheck "disable mods" option under "merge settings" tab. I will redo the process. Sorry.

EDIT:

1- Before do the process again, i unchecked "disable mods" of "merge settings" tab of ZEdit.

2- Repeated the process.

3- Merge was built sucessfuly.

4- Relinked scripts sucessfuly.

Now i will see if it works.

The occlusion esp´s weren´t merged. Of course, i unchecked "disable mods" to prevent the error.

I give up.

I will redo the entire occlusion generation instead :)

Thank you.

It seems you have a problem using a third party tool or there is a problem with the third party tool. You need to ask questions or report problems on an appropriate support forum for the third party tool.

The error message does not seem to be about any problems with plugins. There is nothing special about the generated Occlusion plugins.

• 1 month later...

The  generation gets stuck at 91% and gives me no errors. I have checked the cell in xEdit and no mods are even changing it from basegame. It is only when I am generating for Tamriel. If I just do it for Solstheim it works perfectly. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Image of generation stuck if it helps

image.thumb.png.6641d83d40a59d14a2731f76eef99204.png

Edit: It also freezes when i try to shut it down afterwards.

Edited by DankusMemus
Edit for extra info