Morrowind + S.T.E.P. + OpenMW is great, yet missing meshes from S.T.E.P.

TheWickedGamer

Question

I worked through the S.T.E.P. guide slowly and carefully, took two full days, ran Morrowind on the original engine then discovered OpenMW. I then took another full day to copy over the compatible mods for OpenMW into a different folder then activated using the order listed on S.T.E.P. (we are to install the guide from top to bottom). I was very careful during all of these steps, especially originally to activate/deactivate everything as stated.

Everything runs great, I love OpenMW, everything looks great, I have worked the S.T.E.P. guides about 3-4 times now (for different games) and I love S.T.E.P. but my issues is with certain rings and armor (Domina Armor), maybe a few weapons, also Silt Striders and a lot of buildings look like they are coated in silver.

Being that I use OpenMW I don't have the Warnings.txt file, but instead I have the openmw.log, I assume they are close to similar. I have been modding for a while now, and know a lot, but I still have trouble figuring certain things out, so I will list my warnings and failed section of my .log below:

I have only a couple screenshots, I am uploading the main issue I am having.

Warning: controller R2_Claw02 present more than once in meshes/r/xsiltstrider.kf, ignoring later version
Warning: texture layer 6 is in use but empty in meshes/b/b_n_dark elf_m_head_03.nif
Warning: texture layer 6 is in use but empty in meshes/b/b_n_dark elf_m_head_02.nif
Warning: texture layer 6 is in use but empty in meshes/b/b_n_high elf_m_head_02.nif
Loading cell -3, 5
Loading cell -3, 6
Loading cell -3, 7
Loading cell -2, 5
Loading cell -2, 6
Warning: texture layer 6 is in use but empty in meshes/b/b_n_dark elf_m_head_04.nif
Loading cell -2, 7
Loading cell -1, 5
Loading cell -1, 6
Loading cell -1, 7
warning 01_Pal_CG_ringScript line 21, column 27 (GetInterior)
    stray explicit reference (ignoring it)
warning 01_Pal_CG_ringScript line 25, column 27 (GetInterior)
warning 01_pal_cg_newalmdivrecall line 26, column 6 (endif)
    endif without matching if/elseif
warning 01_pal_cg_newalmdivrecall line 29, column 27 (GetInterior)
warning 01_pal_cg_newalmdivrecall line 33, column 31 (GetInterior)
Unhandled controller NiPathController on node 90 in meshes/e/magic_cast_myst.nif
Playing music/explore/mx_explore_7.mp3
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_boots.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_cuirass.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_greaves.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_helm.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_glove.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_pauldron.dds' not found
Quitting peacefully.

post-12914-0-32682600-1537836288_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

I guess I should add, I should have a completely vanilla Morrowind folder (unless OpenMW added anything), and while trying to troubleshoot the issue, I deactivated all of the clothing and armor mods (in bulk - first all clothing, then all armor) from those respective categories on the S.T.E.P. guide.

Edited by TheWickedGamer

I figured out the lines below:

Warning: texture layer 6 is in use but empty in meshes/b/b_n_dark elf_m_head_03.nif
Warning: texture layer 6 is in use but empty in meshes/b/b_n_dark elf_m_head_02.nif

This is due to the Westly's pluginless head replacer this is due to the extra file I needed to install on top. I had it downloaded, but not activated.

I'll continue to post my results here just in case someone else has these issues.

Edited by TheWickedGamer

Mod Issues:

Warning: controller R2_Claw02 present more than once in meshes/r/xsiltstrider.kf, ignoring later version

I don't know, I found a forum where someone has the same issue, but I cannot understand what is going on (over my head). Also, the link below describes the same issue on an older version of OpenMW.

https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?t=3768&start=40

Warning: texture layer 6 is in use but empty in meshes/b/b_n_high elf_m_head_02.nif

This is on the Westly mod (it exists in the files), the thing is, the file is there, I don't know.

warning 01_Pal_CG_ringScript line 21, column 27 (GetInterior)
warning 01_Pal_CG_ringScript line 25, column 27 (GetInterior)
warning 01_pal_cg_newalmdivrecall line 26, column 6 (endif)
    endif without matching if/elseif
warning 01_pal_cg_newalmdivrecall line 29, column 27 (GetInterior)
warning 01_pal_cg_newalmdivrecall line 33, column 31 (GetInterior)

I think this has to do with my companion (Mage Companion Gabrial), I did notice that the teleport ring I have for her doesn't work (if she gets lost). Also, When I level up, I can assign her a magic skill also, when I do this she dies - I can fix through console though.

https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?t=3236

Unhandled controller NiPathController on node 90 in meshes/e/magic_cast_myst.nif

I don't know, maybe due to my house (Balmora Stronghold), but my issue is different than the issue described in the thread below:

https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?t=3809

Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_boots.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_cuirass.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_greaves.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_helm.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_glove.dds' not found
Failed to open image: Resource 'icons/a/tx_domina_pauldron.dds' not found

As for these, I have no clue. This is the issue that made me want to figure out what is going on (along with missing ring textures). I can't find anything on Google that shows this issue.