xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

29 minutes ago, bill8872 said:

The information is after I create my LOD Sanctuary bridge, the main bridge to Red Rocket is missing. NO textures to see it, but I know its there when I walk over it I hear my footsteps. 

I have read that page and I have the beta version.

I have read everything I have found, including from here, FO4LODGen - A Guide on how to generate LOD at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)  This and the mods listed are not pointing me to why Sanctuary's bridge textures are missing. 

What you are providing is a problem description.

What you are not providing is information like meaningful screenshots, logs (or checking them), load order information or mentioning potential mods might be modifying the bridge / Sanctuary.

If you have problem following a third party guide you should ask the author. I suggest to ignore guides that neglect to instruct to set a dedicated output folder with -o and lets users generate files into the data folder or that have you set wrong compression format for object LOD atlas normal map and specular textures etc.

LOD generation does not change or affect full models or previs data in active cells.

• 4 weeks later...

Can somebody please explain this instruction in simple terms:

"Use -o:"c:\OutputPath\" command line parameter to change where files are generated to, default is the game folder. Then install output as a mod."

I'm following the step guide for Skyrim SE to the letter for the first time in my amatuer modding career, everything was cool until this and I feel like the author has skipped about 40 steps. What is an output path? What is a command line parameter? How or where do I use "
-o:"c:\OutputPath\" command line parameter"?  

Is this something I should do after opening and initialising MO2?

37 minutes ago, stevincredible said:

"Use -o:"c:\OutputPath\" command line parameter to change where files are generated to, default is the game folder. Then install output as a mod."

I'm following the step guide for Skyrim SE to the letter for the first time in my amatuer modding career, everything was cool until this and I feel like the author has skipped about 40 steps. What is an output path? What is a command line parameter? How or where do I use "

This tool author famously expects people to have basic computer, Windows, modding knowledge and know the mod manager they are using.
Modding guides typically explain these things for people who are new to these topics so individual mods/tool instruction do not have to re-explain them over and over again.

What is an output path?
"where files are generated to" and "default is the game folder"
https://www.google.com/search?q=output > first result Dictionary > "(of a computer or other device) produce, deliver, or supply (data)."
https://www.google.com/search?q=file+path > first result  Codecademy > "A file path specifies the location of a file in a computer's file system structure."

command line parameter = command line argument, same thing.
https://www.google.com/search?q=command+line+parameterhttps://www.google.com/search?q=command+line+arguemnt.
I like the explanations from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/understanding-command-line-arguments-and-how-to-use-them/

If you followed a modding guide, you must set "arguments" in MO2 before for other tools. https://github.com/ModOrganizer2/modorganizer/wiki/Executables-window
Hence the "This is for experienced mod authors and users that know how to use xEdit, xLODGen or DynDOLOD already." on the first post.

Also see Readme.txt included in the download archive and https://dyndolod.info/Help/xLODGen

1 hour ago, stevincredible said:

You are actually (correctly) reading the OP linked from the guide (this is rare, so kudos), but you are trying to make sense of it without the full context of some of the technical 'basics' of how apps are configured to work together. That can get complex and is beyond scope. Here's the context for what you are ultimately doing (configuring xLODGen to run from MO):

image.png

PS: Continue reading, but you don't need to set this up in real time as you read the OP. Finish reading that, and then continue on in the guide, which will explain how to set it up similarly to what that image^ is showing.

Im using Vortex and have all game folders and my Modding Tools folder all added to exclusion list including an exclusion for the actual processes themselves. But still xLODGen is generating into my game directory for some reason. I have the command typed exactly as this -sse -o"C:\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output\" 

19 minutes ago, Sky420 said:

Im using Vortex and have all game folders and my Modding Tools folder all added to exclusion list including an exclusion for the actual processes themselves. But still xLODGen is generating into my game directory for some reason. I have the command typed exactly as this -sse -o"C:\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output\" 

You forgot a colon:

-sse -o:"C:\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output"

13 minutes ago, SoftNuggett said:

Missing texture folder on SSELODGen_Output when generatin Terrain LOD, not sure what causes that, here's the log...

LODGen_log.txt 698.28 kB · 1 download

If needed, I'll provide extra information. 

Please read the OP. You are running in FO4 mode:

Rename xLODGen.exe to [game mode]LODGen.exe (TES5LODGen.exe for example) or start with command line parameter -fnv, -fo3, -fo4, -fo4vr, -tes5, tes5vr, -sse, -enderal, -enderalse

6 hours ago, SoftNuggett said:

Missing texture folder on SSELODGen_Output when generatin Terrain LOD, not sure what causes that, here's the log...

LODGen_log.txt 698.28 kB · 1 download

If needed, I'll provide extra information. 

You uploaded the LODGen_log.txt and not the xLODGen log.

You clearly did something very odd by still having game mode FO4 and setting the Skyrim data folder.

Read the first post and the readmes included in the download archive. https://dyndolod.info/Help/xLODGen

• 3 weeks later...

Been trying for hours to fix this by myself, but with no luck, so here I am for tech support <3

Summary: Using Seasons of Skyrim causes distant terrain to look purple, see attached screenshots (closeup was taken using 'tfc' to keep the color)

Trying to get Seasons working, along with Lux and Ulvenwald (should be the only possibly relevant mods). I can run through the entire setup process no problem, but I haven't been able to get around this problem. I disabled everything I could without having to regenerate due to missing dependencies, and verified the issue remains, you can check the attached list. I'm certain a lot more can be removed without the issue disappearing tho.

It definitely seems the issue is with Seasons somehow: Disabling Seasons does not actually cause issues it seems (I assume because the LODS are separate anyway, they are simply unused), and booting the game up with it disabled makes the purple tint go away. I've looked online for similar issues, but found none, figured this was the best place to ask. Gut feeling is that some texture is missing, but I don't see how or what.

Process was: xLODGen -> TexGen -> DYNDOLOD, enabling Seasons where appropriate. Tried doing Seaons and non-Seasons in separate passes, wiping all the outputs and doing it from scratch, other less obvious things, nothing's worked so far.

closeup.jpg

purple.jpg

condensed_mod_list.txt

7 hours ago, SupremeSorcerer said:

Been trying for hours to fix this by myself, but with no luck, so here I am for tech support <3

Summary: Using Seasons of Skyrim causes distant terrain to look purple, see attached screenshots (closeup was taken using 'tfc' to keep the color)

Trying to get Seasons working, along with Lux and Ulvenwald (should be the only possibly relevant mods). I can run through the entire setup process no problem, but I haven't been able to get around this problem. I disabled everything I could without having to regenerate due to missing dependencies, and verified the issue remains, you can check the attached list. I'm certain a lot more can be removed without the issue disappearing tho.

It definitely seems the issue is with Seasons somehow: Disabling Seasons does not actually cause issues it seems (I assume because the LODS are separate anyway, they are simply unused), and booting the game up with it disabled makes the purple tint go away. I've looked online for similar issues, but found none, figured this was the best place to ask. Gut feeling is that some texture is missing, but I don't see how or what.

Process was: xLODGen -> TexGen -> DYNDOLOD, enabling Seasons where appropriate. Tried doing Seaons and non-Seasons in separate passes, wiping all the outputs and doing it from scratch, other less obvious things, nothing's worked so far.

closeup.jpg

purple.jpg

condensed_mod_list.txt 1.01 kB · 0 downloads

Moved to the xLODGen terrain LOD beta thread.

Upload the log from xLODGen.

The first screenshot looks terrain textures are missing the the active cells. Terrain LOD generation requires the used full terrain textures to exist.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/xLODGen#Seasons

54 minutes ago, Lordlebeeze said:

I ran the xlodgen after following the S>T>E>P build for SSE. The program closed itself but did not leave any error or Bug report. Any help as to what is happening???

When the tool closes itself, it saves the log (and bugreport.txt in case there is an exception). If none of those files exist, then the tool was terminated by the OS etc.

Check the windows event log.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i wanna ask what im doing wrong for im buy legal copy of Skyrim Anniversary Edition on GOG, and now trying to generate terrain LOD, but everytime when i do that, and install generated meshes from xLodGen using this arguments:

-D:"D:\GOG Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data"

-I:"C:\Users\Laink\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini"

-P:"C:\Users\Laink\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\plugins.txt"

-O:"C:\Output

Always when i activate the generated meshes from Output (previously i zip it using 7-zip) always have crash when i want to see how LOD looking in open world (Dragonreach > Whiterun)LODGen_log.txt

Lod4.jpg

Lod8.jpg

Lod16.jpg

Lod32.jpg

FO4LODGen_log.txt

19 minutes ago, Lainkml said:

Hello, i wanna ask what im doing wrong for im buy legal copy of Skyrim Anniversary Edition on GOG, and now trying to generate terrain LOD, but everytime when i do that, and install generated meshes from xLodGen using this arguments:

-D:"D:\GOG Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data"

-I:"C:\Users\Laink\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini"

-P:"C:\Users\Laink\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\plugins.txt"

-O:"C:\Output

Always when i activate the generated meshes from Output (previously i zip it using 7-zip) always have crash when i want to see how LOD looking in open world (Dragonreach > Whiterun)LODGen_log.txt

FO4LODGen_log.txt 1.99 MB · 2 downloads

As is quite obvious by the log messages and the log file name, the tool is running in the default FO4 mode.

You did not set the game mode with the -sse command line as explained in the first post of this xLODGen terrain LOD beta thread.

Skyrim crashes when trying to load meshes that are in the FO4 NIF format.

Use the -m command line to provide the path to the INI folder instead of only the Skyrim.ini with the -i as explained in the first post.