xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Hi - having trouble getting SSELodgen to work for the most distant terrain LOD using Seasons of Skyrim. I've tried all the troubleshooting I could with my not very high level of knowledge and thought it might be problem created by a paper map I had installed, but the problem persists after uninstalling that :-/

I've uploaded my SSELODgen Log here: https://ufile.io/wac69un2

Edit: Sorry I should have given more detail of the problem. In the winter season the most distant LOD doesn't update with snow cover so I have snow in my immediate vicinity and at medium distance but not at far distance. I have the seasons option showing up in SSELODGen and all options ticked (using Turn of the Seasons too) and I have all my world space options ticked. I've kept all settings on the default ones suggested for running the first time.

Edit 2: I have realised I still have a mod that adds Dawnguard Map Markers installed,  so I'm going to try uninstalling that and rerunning LODGEN and DynDOLOD for another test in case that is another culprit that modifies DynDOLOD and LODGEN results. In my tests so far my map doesn't show snow in Winter so I'm still wondering if I'm on the right line of enquiry?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

no snow.jpeg

Edited by m1sf1t711
Updating info

1 hour ago, m1sf1t711 said:

Hi - having trouble getting SSELodgen to work for the most distant terrain LOD using Seasons of Skyrim. I've tried all the troubleshooting I could with my not very high level of knowledge and thought it might be problem created by a paper map I had installed, but the problem persists after uninstalling that :-/

I've uploaded my SSELODgen Log here: https://ufile.io/wac69un2

Edit: Sorry I should have given more detail of the problem. In the winter season the most distant LOD doesn't update with snow cover so I have snow in my immediate vicinity and at medium distance but not at far distance. I have the seasons option showing up in SSELODGen and all options ticked (using Turn of the Seasons too) and I have all my world space options ticked. I've kept all settings on the default ones suggested for running the first time.

Edit 2: I have realised I still have a mod that adds Dawnguard Map Markers installed,  so I'm going to try uninstalling that and rerunning LODGEN and DynDOLOD for another test in case that is another culprit that modifies DynDOLOD and LODGEN results. In my tests so far my map doesn't show snow in Winter so I'm still wondering if I'm on the right line of enquiry?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

no snow.jpeg

Do not install programs into User/Desktop or other special windows folders to avoid issue with windows UAC, antivir etc.

If you actually check the log you can see that there are errors generating terrain LOD meshes.

[00:44] [Tamriel] Running "C:\Users\Lynda\Desktop\xLODGen.90\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" "C:\Users\Lynda\Desktop\xLODGen.90\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGen_Terrain_Tamriel.SPR.txt"
[00:44] Can not write to C:\Users\Lynda\Desktop\xLODGen.90\xLODGen\LODGen_log.txt
[00:44] [Tamriel] Terrain LOD meshes generation error: LODGen process error, exit code 00000193

This stopped all terrain LOD meshes generation beyond that point, e.g SUM, AUT, WIN and the same error happens then again for every other worldspaces.

It might have to do with the OS, antivr or other process blocking write access.

The good news is that terrain LOD textures generation went through without a problem so you do not have to do those again. Check only terrain LOD meshes generation and try again after moving the program to c:\xLODGen\ for example and/or making sure that the OS, UAC, antivir or other processes do not prevent accessing files. Maybe you need to reboot to clear that up.

If problem persists, post new log.

Map makers mods have no affect on LOD generation or vice versa.

20 minutes ago, sheson said:

Do not install programs into User/Desktop or other special windows folders to avoid issue with windows UAC, antivir etc.

If you actually check the log you can see that there are errors generating terrain LOD meshes.

[00:44] [Tamriel] Running "C:\Users\Lynda\Desktop\xLODGen.90\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" "C:\Users\Lynda\Desktop\xLODGen.90\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGen_Terrain_Tamriel.SPR.txt"
[00:44] Can not write to C:\Users\Lynda\Desktop\xLODGen.90\xLODGen\LODGen_log.txt
[00:44] [Tamriel] Terrain LOD meshes generation error: LODGen process error, exit code 00000193

This stopped all terrain LOD meshes generation beyond that point, e.g SUM, AUT, WIN and the same error happens then again for every other worldspaces.

It might have to do with the OS, antivr or other process blocking write access.

The good news is that terrain LOD textures generation went through without a problem so you do not have to do those again. Check only terrain LOD meshes generation and try again after moving the program to c:\xLODGen\ for example and/or making sure that the OS, UAC, antivir or other processes do not prevent accessing files. Maybe you need to reboot to clear that up.

If problem persists, post new log.

Map makers mods have no affect on LOD generation or vice versa.

Ah thank you so much! I will move to C: and try again.

20 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Latest beta 90 performs without issue for me and much faster gen than ever before. Ran two trials to be sure. First time I have not crashed during terrain gen since the beginning.

Compared to which beta version you used last before that?

33 minutes ago, Katarsi said:

Is regenerating terrain LOD with xLODGen needed for Seasons? Or is DynDOLOD enough?

If the season swap data affects terrain and terrain LOD should match those seasonal changes, then you should generate terrain LOD for the different seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting again that I have run the latest beta 90 several times now without the historic errors I always used to get (process quits randomly without bugreport or any obvious cause. General Win event errors not helpful.)

So I am assuming the cause was Texconv and that changes you made to this app or it's integration/behavior may be the reason?

19 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Just posting again that I have run the latest beta 90 several times now without the historic errors I always used to get (process quits randomly without bugreport or any obvious cause. General Win event errors not helpful.)

So I am assuming the cause was Texconv and that changes you made to this app or it's integration/behavior may be the reason?

Your guess is as good as mine, though the program and the madexcept error handler (which creates the bugreport.txt) should catch all errors in the program, especially when executing command line tools.

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

Your guess is as good as mine, though the program and the madexcept error handler (which creates the bugreport.txt) should catch all errors in the program, especially when executing command line tools.

It seems to run about 20% faster for me to boot (on my essentially apples:apples mod list(s)) ... partly because I don't need to gen in 2-4 partial runs any longer.