xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

23 minutes ago, Marcurios said:

Ah, now i see what's going on with the spec and gloss, the file had a _ (underscore) too many in it so it didn't get used.
But when xLODGen says it uses a flat replacement, does it than use a white flat replacement for the red and green channel ?
Cause red and green are white, and blue (not used) is black, isn't it better to provide a 2x2pixel dark gray texture bundled with xLODGen and use that for when it misses a spec texture ?

I also noticed that a quite a few vanilla textures have this problem going on, cause i have 6 vanilla blocks in the atlas with the same problem, and 1 actually uses a 128 color grey texture from what i can tell, the rest all have normal spec textures.

i'm going to unpack all the texture archives to see which lod spec textures are missing or have a white flat one, time to fix some stuff.
i have been playing the game up until now but i guess it's time to get modding again cause this kinda annoys me a bit.
There is also a lot of doubled stuff on the atlas so i guess a bunch of textures that are the same have a different name and are referred to by separate meshes,
so i need to fix those meshes too to save some real estate on the texture atlas so i can enhance some other lod with the newly reclaimed space..
EDIT:just noticed the diffuse has different colors, so i guess it's needed the doubled stuff.

Thanks again for your help !

It uses textures\shared\white01_s.dds as default. If there is a better alternative present in the vanilla game files let me know.

There should be a warning message for every occurrence a normal map or specular map texture can not be found.

It needs to be fixed on the user end regardless of which texture is used for replacement.

Yeah, i guess you're right, now i know it doesn't matter.
Once you know what happens, the next time it happens you immediately know what's going on, so that's ok.
It's probably better too that it shimmers if you don't provide a spec texture, atleast that way you know that something is wrong.
If it would be dark gray and you didn't notice the comment in the lodgen log, you probably wouldn't know the spec is bad if it where a grey texture.

So it's good as it is.

Well anyway, i'm back up to speed with xLODGen again for FO4, so thanks for that.
Now i can go back to making some trees again..

Sorry if somebody asked this question. I am following by this guide https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/49362

There are .esp files from FO4LODGen Resources. The question is, when I have finished building the LOD, should I still use them in the game, specifically FO4LODGen.esp, FO4LODGen-FullModelLOD.esp, FO4LODGen-DLCCoast.esp and so on? Either I can safely remove them? Plus do I need to keep any assets to play (meshes, textures) from FO4LODGen Resources? It is very unclear to me.

57 minutes ago, gh0stwizard said:

Sorry if somebody asked this question. I am following by this guide https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/49362

There are .esp files from FO4LODGen Resources. The question is, when I have finished building the LOD, should I still use them in the game, specifically FO4LODGen.esp, FO4LODGen-FullModelLOD.esp, FO4LODGen-DLCCoast.esp and so on? Either I can safely remove them? Plus do I need to keep any assets to play (meshes, textures) from FO4LODGen Resources? It is very unclear to me.

Read https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/12466-fo4lodgen/

"There is no hard requirement for the plugins that define unused LOD models and the FO4LODGen - Main.ba2 to be loaded in the game. However, if you notice flickering LOD textures or other odd behavior keep them in the load order. Let us know if this happened so we can update the instructions."

• 2 weeks later...

hey Sheson I have recently installed the A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds mod I have set Level32=1 in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. generation was successful however whenever i go in game I CTD .Netframework crash log indicates the the like problem is "Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Tamriel.8.-16.-48.DDS", When i look that the winning assets is SEELODGEN_Output. Any advice on how to fix what be helpful.

1 hour ago, DarkladyLexy said:

hey Sheson I have recently installed the A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds mod I have set Level32=1 in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. generation was successful however whenever i go in game I CTD .Netframework crash log indicates the the like problem is "Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Tamriel.8.-16.-48.DDS", When i look that the winning assets is SEELODGEN_Output. Any advice on how to fix what be helpful.

Check the xLODGen log if there were any error or warnings, especially for that particular texture.

Delete it. Generate it again.

The DynDOLOD INI settings are irrelevant when generating anything with xLODGen.

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

Check the xLODGen log if there were any error or warnings, especially for that particular texture.

Delete it. Generate it again.

The DynDOLOD INI settings are irrelevant when generating anything with xLODGen.

Log shows no warnings.

I crashes when  I open the map so i wonder if there latest update of A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds broke something I will inform DoubleYou. I wasn't crashing with v2.0 of that mod so logical say something funky is going on with v2.1

21 minutes ago, DarkladyLexy said:

Log shows no warnings.

I crashes when  I open the map so i wonder if there latest update of A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds broke something I will inform DoubleYou. I wasn't crashing with v2.0 of that mod so logical say something funky is going on with v2.1

Check if the texture is actually causing the problem. If it is, then there is noting else to do than to delete it and generate it anew.

If the texture is corrupt or invalid and there is no message in the log, then it happened afterwards. For example generating into game or mod manager folders instead of a dedicated output folder outside of game/mod manager folders.

Unless you set texture compression 565 and use Windows 7, there is not really anything in xLODGen/TexConv that can generate an invalid texture without some kind of warning/error.

The texture or its generation with xLODGen has not really anything to do directly with the clear map mod.

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

Check if the texture is actually causing the problem. If it is, then there is noting else to do than to delete it and generate it anew.

If the texture is corrupt or invalid and there is no message in the log, then it happened afterwards. For example generating into game or mod manager folders instead of a dedicated output folder outside of game/mod manager folders.

Unless you set texture compression 565 and use Windows 7, there is not really anything in xLODGen/TexConv that can generate an invalid texture without some kind of warning/error.

The texture or its generation with xLODGen has not really anything to do directly with the clear map mod.

I disable xLODGEN output and was able to open the map no crashing.

I reactived xLODGEN Output and crashed.

I reactived xLODGEN bu removed Tamriel.8.-16.-48.DDS from xLODGEN output and didn't crash.

34 minutes ago, DarkladyLexy said:

I disable xLODGEN output and was able to open the map no crashing.

I reactived xLODGEN Output and crashed.

I reactived xLODGEN bu removed Tamriel.8.-16.-48.DDS from xLODGEN output and didn't crash.

Just generate the texture anew again by using the specific chunk options.