Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hi Lexy,

Wanted to let you know of an odd issue during the finishing line.  (I've completed the guide several times, and just finished going back through it since the last update.)

After completing Bashed Patch, I went to do the Smash.  However, Lexy's LOTD Consistency Patches Merged.esp, Lexy's LoTD SE OMEGA - Conflict Resolution.esp, & LOTD Patches Merged.esp were not showing up within smash - so I couldn't do the "force all".

It turns out, they were being deactivated by WryeBash - but were not part of the merge.  They all had dependencies on Better Skill and Quest Books Names and WryeBash was merging that - which I guess made WryeBash disable those three mods.

I've never seen that happen during my previous runs through the finishing line.

The way I fixed it - marked Better Skill and Quest Books as "no merge" and deselected during the Bash Patch.

No more issues.  Don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I sure did.

Thanks again!

Hi Lexy,

Wanted to let you know of an odd issue during the finishing line.  (I've completed the guide several times, and just finished going back through it since the last update.)

After completing Bashed Patch, I went to do the Smash.  However, Lexy's LOTD Consistency Patches Merged.esp, Lexy's LoTD SE OMEGA - Conflict Resolution.esp, & LOTD Patches Merged.esp were not showing up within smash - so I couldn't do the "force all".

It turns out, they were being deactivated by WryeBash - but were not part of the merge.  They all had dependencies on Better Skill and Quest Books Names and WryeBash was merging that - which I guess made WryeBash disable those three mods.

I've never seen that happen during my previous runs through the finishing line.

The way I fixed it - marked Better Skill and Quest Books as "no merge" and deselected during the Bash Patch.

No more issues.  Don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I sure did.

Thanks again!

this has been mentioned on Discord a few times as well thou i don't know why cos i am not experiencing it but i guess i will add the NoMerge Tag I thought it already had it but I will check on my end)

Updating the Masterlist will repopulate the group lists as well. Once you have that redownloaded (do this either by attempting a sort or using the option at the top of the screen in LOOT), you can redo the group list to match the new setup.

That worked. Thank you.

So after not following instructions on my first attempt (I'm a dev, I should know better), I finally got around to starting from scratch last week. This time, it went perfectly. Straightforward, not a single hiccup, and worked like a charm. Digging into the included mods, I found a few nifty ones I'd never seen before and a few good alternatives to ones I've used in the past. My one and only complaint about this guide? I want more! I've already tweaked it a bit for my setup (with all of the recommended mods and settings, I'm not even scratching the surface of what my computer can handle), but I think I can improve it further with a little work... Maybe even fork the guide and create an LOTD+ version for people with high-end computers who can handle it? (Absolutely stellar work to Lexy and crew though, this is by far the most well written, bug-free guide I've ever seen)

I would be interested in alternative suggestions for tweaks/mods/assets which are higher resolution/poly/etc. than those in the guide, I already select the 4k textures any mod offers where the guide specifies 2k - but rather than a fork, it would be tidier to be a part of the guide, I think the original STEP guide (which I haven't looked at for years) did that for textures, offering a base-level selection and an alternate HQ version.

I would be interested in alternative suggestions for tweaks/mods/assets which are higher resolution/poly/etc. than those in the guide, I already select the 4k textures any mod offers where the guide specifies 2k - but rather than a fork, it would be tidier to be a part of the guide, I think the original STEP guide (which I haven't looked at for years) did that for textures, offering a base-level selection and an alternate HQ version.

I'd agree but there's a few significant places I diverge from the guide already, and I haven't even started thinking about what I'd want to see different. I don't think they want to overcomplicate the guide more than it has to be. Of course, I could easily be wrong.

Hello Lexy,

I just finish the last update and se that  "QUASIPC - Qwinn's Unified Automated Self Installing Patch Compendium" patches has been updated but you dont talk about updating the ---- OMEGA CACO Patches Merged.

We dont need to update it ?

Edited by BleNoir

Hello Lexy,

I gave the guide another run and it went smoother than the last time I tried. I reached the finished line after running LOOT with exactly 250 mods. No errors.

However, when you say at the finishing line to do a test run, I can't seem to start the game. I use SKSE through MO2 but it starts up waiting for the game to start but it reverts back to MO2. No error message, no nothing. I tried all the usual suspects like a load order or missing esp but all are there, no errors at xEdit either.

Can anyone help?

I don't want to continue the guide with this issue as I feel it will mess up even worse...

PS: Should I clean ArtifactsofBoehtia.esp (3 ITMs), Imp_helm_legend.esp (5 ITM), Andromeda (1 ITM), MLU.esp (271 ITM), Helgen reborn.esp (20 ITM) etc?

PS 2: LOOT suggests to use MLU Improved Closed Faced Helms patch, and other such warnings about Predator vision.esp etc should we?

PS 3: LOOT reports incompatibility errors on the following mods: Immersive Horses.esp with Relationship Dialogue.esp, Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul.esp with Dawnstar.esp

Edited by SkulldozeR

Hello Lexy,

I gave the guide another run and it went smoother than the last time I tried. I reached the finished line after running LOOT with exactly 250 mods. No errors.

However, when you say at the finishing line to do a test run, I can't seem to start the game. I use SKSE through MO2 but it starts up waiting for the game to start but it reverts back to MO2. No error message, no nothing. I tried all the usual suspects like a load order or missing esp but all are there, no errors at xEdit either.

Can anyone help?

I don't want to continue the guide with this issue as I feel it will mess up even worse...

PS: Should I clean ArtifactsofBoehtia.esp (3 ITMs), Imp_helm_legend.esp (5 ITM), Andromeda (1 ITM), MLU.esp (271 ITM), Helgen reborn.esp (20 ITM) etc?

PS 2: LOOT suggests to use MLU Improved Closed Faced Helms patch, and other such warnings about Predator vision.esp etc should we?

PS 3: LOOT reports incompatibility errors on the following mods: Immersive Horses.esp with Relationship Dialogue.esp, Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul.esp with Dawnstar.esp

1. Ignore - and plain Ignore

2. Ignore - ignore covered by CR

3. Ignore covered by Load order

Should we activate the Stackable Stones of Barenziah with Optional Quest Markers in MCM?

And is there a way to lighten up the interiors? It's horribly dark.

Walked out into a thunderstorm .... cool ....

Edited by rayhne