Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hi Lexy,

In MO2 v2.2, there is now a 3rd option under inieditor:  "skyrimcustom.ini"

It appears to match the skyrim.ini exactly.

If I update skyrim.ini per the guide, do I ignore the skyrimcustom.ini tab?  It appears that this would overwrite skyrim.ini, but I can't seem to find anything on it.

Thank You for the guide.

i don't tweak the skyrimcustom.ini

I just asked MO2 on discord.  This was their response:  "yes, that file overrides all other settings"

My concern is that although we are updating the skyrim.ini - the changes are being overridden with the new MO2 skyrimcustom.ini - which means that we aren't changing anything.

Please advise.

Thanks again!

Hey so this is a quick note that with the new Reshade some parts of the interiors became super dark again. I don't know exactly what the cause was, but the Blue Palace in particular was barely lit up at all. Any thoughts as to why, or is my computer just jinxed?

I just asked MO2 on discord.  This was their response:  "yes, that file overrides all other settings"

My concern is that although we are updating the skyrim.ini - the changes are being overridden with the new MO2 skyrimcustom.ini - which means that we aren't changing anything.

Please advise.

Thanks again!

Lexy,

Found a solution.

When asked is there a way to turn off the custom.ini:

"You can just leave it empty and it won't do anything."

So - in order to keep your recommended .ini tweaks, we have to empty the custom.ini.

Maybe add this to the instructions somewhere?

That's what I'm going to do.

Thanks again

So i have a question about deleting the old enb... this are the datas:

Enbseries,enblocal.ini enbseries.ini and the dll files from the enb 3.74...

Is this all ?and after that installing reshade?

I just want to Go sure having a clean game

So i have a question about deleting the old enb... this are the datas:

Enbseries,enblocal.ini enbseries.ini and the dll files from the enb 3.74...

Is this all ?and after that installing reshade?

I just want to Go sure having a clean game

Yea that's everything. Those are the only files that should be in your folder from ENB (which is impressive considering how beautiful it makes the game). I'm very excited about this reshade switch. I've always been a performance man over beautification. How's it look with the reshade so far?

Lexy,

Found a solution.

When asked is there a way to turn off the custom.ini:

"You can just leave it empty and it won't do anything."

So - in order to keep your recommended .ini tweaks, we have to empty the custom.ini.

Maybe add this to the instructions somewhere?

That's what I'm going to do.

Thanks again

Alternatively you could just delete the ini since we don't have any use for it right?

Alternatively you could just delete the ini since we don't have any use for it right?

No - I don't think so.  This is standard new addition to the MO2 update.  If you don't have the skyrimcustom.ini file, it will create it based on the "best settings" - which are not Lexy's.  Making it blank is the only permanent option at this time.

No - I don't think so.  This is standard new addition to the MO2 update.  If you don't have the skyrimcustom.ini file, it will create it based on the "best settings" - which are not Lexy's.  Making it blank is the only permanent option at this time.

i was speak with the MO2 guys the say that the skyrimcustom.ini only overwrites Skyrim.ini and only if the value exist in Skyrim.ini so as long as the post Bethini Changes exist in both it should be ok.

• +1 1

do we still need ENB Helper SE - v1.3.1 - by aers??

if we delete everything except reshade. because you didnt mention

Memosa hi! I may be wrong but i think that ENB Helper SE is to be used by people that want to still use ENB, with Cathedral weathers. I don't think it applies with reshader...BUT you can check this on Lexy's discord server...wiser heads may be found there!

do we still need ENB Helper SE - v1.3.1 - by aers?

...ENB Helper SE is to be used by people that want to still use ENB...

As stated. If you're dumping ENB completely, you don't need the Helper. You DO however want to keep the ELE and Particle Patch mods... these work regardless of ENBs presence or lack thereof.

• +1 1

i was speak with the MO2 guys the say that the skyrimcustom.ini only overwrites Skyrim.ini and only if the value exist in Skyrim.ini so as long as the post Bethini Changes exist in both it should be ok.

To get the changes in both, though, we would have to check each line item for a change, or copy and paste the whole thing.

Or - we could just delete the custom.ini so it doesn't overwrite anything.

Your guide is amazing.  There are 2-3 places where we make additional tweaks to the .ini's - so lot of room for missing something.

To get the changes in both, though, we would have to check each line item for a change, or copy and paste the whole thing.

Or - we could just delete the custom.ini so it doesn't overwrite anything.

Your guide is amazing.  There are 2-3 places where we make additional tweaks to the .ini's - so lot of room for missing something.

was speaking with my devs and we have come to the conclusion the simplest thing to do is just wipe the skyrimcustom.ini but leave a blank copy in the profile you use to actually play the game

• +1 2

I found switching to the ReShade extremely disappointing; interiors are dim and dull, and outside objects emit darklight when the sun is behind them (think sun rays, but as dark shadow beams instead of sunlight). So have reinstalled ENB and Silent Horizons - switching to the Cathedral Weathers version (and will try keeping the ReShade on top of that with Vibrance and LevelsPlus shaders turned off).

Using Cathedral Weathers now instead of Obsidian Weathers, am I right to think that I can use all files from Franken Horizons except enbseries\Weather\* ?

I found switching to the ReShade extremely disappointing; interiors are dim and dull, and outside objects emit darklight when the sun is behind them (think sun rays, but as dark shadow beams instead of sunlight). So have reinstalled ENB and Silent Horizons - switching to the Cathedral Weathers version (and will try keeping the ReShade on top of that with Vibrance and LevelsPlus shaders turned off).

Using Cathedral Weathers now instead of Obsidian Weathers, am I right to think that I can use all files from Franken Horizons except enbseries\Weather\* ?

if you want to stick with ENB i would just use Silent horizon for Cathedral weathers. don't use Franken horizon it is not up to date and won't be