Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Is there a way to clear the LOOT modgroups and start fresh?

The LOOT stuff is stored in the AppData folder (normaly its C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local). Just delete the folder named LOOT and then reinstall it. The reinstall may be unessisary but thats how you do a full uninstall.

The LOOT stuff is stored in the AppData folder (normaly its C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local). Just delete the folder named LOOT and then reinstall it. The reinstall may be unessisary but thats how you do a full uninstall.

I did that but now the only thing in the groups is Default.

was speaking with my devs and we have come to the conclusion the simplest thing to do is just wipe the skyrimcustom.ini but leave a blank copy in the profile you use to actually play the game

Thank you for confirming.  That's what I did.  There is now a perfectly empty custom.ini file.  No issues with respawning, etc.

I did that but now the only thing in the groups is Default.

Updating the Masterlist will repopulate the group lists as well. Once you have that redownloaded (do this either by attempting a sort or using the option at the top of the screen in LOOT), you can redo the group list to match the new setup.

So after not following instructions on my first attempt (I'm a dev, I should know better), I finally got around to starting from scratch last week. This time, it went perfectly. Straightforward, not a single hiccup, and worked like a charm. Digging into the included mods, I found a few nifty ones I'd never seen before and a few good alternatives to ones I've used in the past. My one and only complaint about this guide? I want more! I've already tweaked it a bit for my setup (with all of the recommended mods and settings, I'm not even scratching the surface of what my computer can handle), but I think I can improve it further with a little work... Maybe even fork the guide and create an LOTD+ version for people with high-end computers who can handle it? (Absolutely stellar work to Lexy and crew though, this is by far the most well written, bug-free guide I've ever seen)

One of the instructions on the Merge page, step 8 of the "Create Merge", seems to either apply to a different version of zMerge or else I am doing something wrong.

Step 8 says "

Click the data tab make sure Copy General Assets is Unchecked (anything else can remain Checked) then hit OK.

When I ran zEdit 0.6.4 Portable to create the Weather Systems Merged then on the Data tab I got 4 sets of information: Plugin Data Folders, Bethesda Archives, MCM Translations, and INI Files.  I don't get a "General Assets" area or the associated checkbox at all like the one shown in your screenshots.  There is a checkbox in Bethesda Archives which says "Build Merged Archive" with a further choice of Extract, Copy or Ignore. If I am seeing the correct menu on the Data tab what should be checked or chosen?

I have always found your guide very helpful and even periodically wonder how you ever have the time to maintain it.

One of the instructions on the Merge page, step 8 of the "Create Merge", seems to either apply to a different version of zMerge or else I am doing something wrong.

Step 8 says "

Click the data tab make sure Copy General Assets is Unchecked (anything else can remain Checked) then hit OK.

When I ran zEdit 0.6.4 Portable to create the Weather Systems Merged then on the Data tab I got 4 sets of information: Plugin Data Folders, Bethesda Archives, MCM Translations, and INI Files.  I don't get a "General Assets" area or the associated checkbox at all like the one shown in your screenshots.  There is a checkbox in Bethesda Archives which says "Build Merged Archive" with a further choice of Extract, Copy or Ignore. If I am seeing the correct menu on the Data tab what should be checked or chosen?

I have always found your guide very helpful and even periodically wonder how you ever have the time to maintain it.

Copy General Assets is actually unchecked by default now and will only appear if there are loose files. the only mod we copy general assets for is the heads up display merge. as of version 0.6.4 you can use zMerge is create BSA's. As to why General Assets are not showing for you my guess is you didn't extract the BSA when you installed.

Copy General Assets is actually unchecked by default now and will only appear if there are loose files. the only mod we copy general assets for is the heads up display merge. as of version 0.6.4 you can use zMerge is create BSA's. As to why General Assets are not showing for you my guess is you didn't extract the BSA when you installed.

For me, following the guide to the letter resulted in the General Assets field itself only showing up about half of the time.

For me, following the guide to the letter resulted in the General Assets field itself only showing up about half of the time.

if a mod has no assets as in only has plugins the General Assets field won't be there cos there are no General Assets to copy The Animal merge is 1 such example.

I have a few plugins in my list unchecked, for example Don't be a milk drinker, and I am not sure if it because I made a mistake or it does it automatically.

Also better dynamic ash, lethal traps and your own thoughts merged.. Thanks :)

those are fine they are merged into the Bash Patch they are supposed to be deactivated.

• +1 1