Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I'm getting a very strange bug when trying to build the Audio Patches Merge with zMerge. zMerge doesn’t load HearthFires.esm when I try to build the merge. It shows up in the “Plugins Tab†of the Edit Merge†modal and if I exit zEdit and run LOOT it clearly shows HearthFires.esm as active with a LO of 03.

I am new to zEdit, but I just built the Animals Merge without much problem and I don’t know why it would give any issue now. Any help would be appreciated, I’ve spent days getting to this point.

zEdits merge log:

================================================================================

Session started at Thu Feb 07 2019 21:20:40 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Building merge ---- Audio Patches Merged

Merge Folder: G:\Data\TES V Skyrim SE\Mod Organizer 2\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE\mods\---- Audio Patches Merged

Merge Method: Clamp

Load order:

[00] Skyrim.esm

[01] Update.esm

[02] Dawnguard.esm

[03] Dragonborn.esm

[04] LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm

[05] Audio Overhaul Skyrim.esp

[06] Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp

[07] dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

[08] Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Enhanced Blood Patch.esp

[09] Immersive Weapons.esp

[0A] Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Immersive Weapons Patch.esp

[0B] Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch.esp

[0C] ISC Enhanced Blood Patch.esp

[0D] Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Immersive Sounds Patch.esp

Unloading plugins

Loading 14 plugins...

============================================================

Loading resources from Skyrim - Misc.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Shaders.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Interface.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Animations.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures0.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures1.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures2.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures3.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures4.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures5.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures6.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures7.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Textures8.bsa

Loading resources from Skyrim - Patch.bsa

Loading resources from LegacyoftheDragonborn.bsa

Loading resources from LegacyoftheDragonborn - Textures.bsa

Loading resources from dD - Enhanced Blood Main.bsa

Loading Skyrim.esm (1/14)

Loading Update.esm (2/14)

Loading Dawnguard.esm (3/14)

Loading Dragonborn.esm (4/14)

Loading LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm (5/14)

Exception loading LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm: "LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm" requires master "HearthFires.esm" to be loaded before it.

Fatal Error: Exception loading LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm: "LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm" requires master "HearthFires.esm" to be loaded before it.

[ERROR] TypeError: Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined

at Object.cleanup (file:///G:/Data/TES%20V%20Skyrim%20SE/Tools/zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:5496:35)

at handlers.forEach.h (file:///G:/Data/TES%20V%20Skyrim%20SE/Tools/zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:8492:46)

at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)

at Object.cleanup (file:///G:/Data/TES%20V%20Skyrim%20SE/Tools/zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:8492:18)

at cleanupMerge (file:///G:/Data/TES%20V%20Skyrim%20SE/Tools/zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:8598:27)

at onMergeError (file:///G:/Data/TES%20V%20Skyrim%20SE/Tools/zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:8613:9)

at err (file:///G:/Data/TES%20V%20Skyrim%20SE/Tools/zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:8629:19)

at processQueue (G:\Data\TES V Skyrim SE\Tools\zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64\resources\app.asar\node_modules\angular\angular.js:15616:28)

at G:\Data\TES V Skyrim SE\Tools\zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64\resources\app.asar\node_modules\angular\angular.js:15632:27

at Scope.$eval (G:\Data\TES V Skyrim SE\Tools\zEdit_Alpha_v0.5.3_-_Portable_x64\resources\app.asar\node_modules\angular\angular.js:16884:28)

[\spoiler]

It seems the issue is that none of the included plugins had "HearthFires.esm" as a master, but "Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch.esp" had "LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm" as a master, and that had "HearthFires.esm" as a master. I used SSEEdit to add "HearthFires.esm" as a master to "Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch.esp", and that let me build. I wonder why I had this issue and no one else has.

Well... on the upside this means we can look at putting Shields of the Holds back into the guide. Only reason it was removed was compatibility with CHorses (though we did make a patch for that later). As to the new game thing... well, that's nothing new for me. I think I end up starting new games every other day, sometimes.

Hi Lexy! Just update since december (I'm quite busy and don't have lots of time for now) to latest and renumbered all the mods that were switch over different places in the load order!  I'll start a new character today or tomorrow to see the new things. 

Thank you and all your team for your continued support and all the improvement to the guide!

Each time I try to save I get a crash to desktop, manual or quicksave doesn't matter. I installed everything according to the guide except for dyndolod and texgen because of low vram.

it could be Skyrim SafeSave System Overhaul been more and more report about it of late.

it also doesn't help Sthaagg is MIA due to RL issue with his house being flood a few months ago.

i also don't really use SSSO and usually Hard save every time.

Graphics Issue;

I am having a texture missing issue, I get lots of purple blocks when in mountain regions.

I have rebuilt DynDOLOD and the log files are giving lots of missing model lines but does run to the end;

Building lists of base elements for LODGen and DynDOLOD 1776
[00:00:50.387]   Ignoring Skyrim.exe
[00:00:51.440]           Missing model "meshes\bstamriel\landscape\trees\bskgkbjungletreenew11v2weeping.nif" - ignoring BSKGKBjungletreenew11v2weeping [TREE:08600964] in BSAssets.esm
[00:00:51.511]           09071774 elsMountainButteMoss02 MNAM defined LOD meshes not found, using filename matching
[00:00:51.944]           09071773 elsMountainButteMoss03 MNAM defined LOD meshes not found, using filename matching
[00:00:52.190]           09071772 elsMountainButteMoss04 MNAM defined LOD meshes not found, using filename matching
[00:00:52.212]           Missing model "meshes\bscyrodiil\landscape\plants\azaleashrubflowering01.nif" - ignoring CYRTreeAzaleaShrubFlowering01 [TREE:090D26DB] in BSHeartland.esm
[00:00:52.239]           Missing model "meshes\_byoh\plants\byohhouseingrdfluxyel.nif" - ignoring BSKBYOHTreeFloraFlaxYellow01 "Yellow Flax" [TREE:0D00B9C8] in BS_DLC_patch.esp
[00:00:52.273]           Missing model "meshes\bstamriel\landscape\trees\bsktreeweepingwillow12.nif" - ignoring BSKTreeWeepingWillow12 [TREE:086028C3] in BSAssets.esm
[00:00:52.348]           Missing model "meshes\bstamriel\landscape\trees\bsktreeweepingwillow11.nif" - ignoring BSKTreeWeepingWillow11 [TREE:086028C2] in BSAssets.esm
[00:00:52.446]           09071771 elsMountainButteMoss05 MNAM defined LOD meshes not found, using filename matching
[00:00:52.468]           Missing model "meshes\bstamriel\landscape\trees\bsktreeweepingwillow10.nif" - ignoring BSKTreeWeepingWillow10 [TREE:086028C1] in BSAssets.esm
[00:00:52.635]   Ignoring DynDOLOD.esm
[00:00:52.673]           09071770 elsMountainButteMoss06 MNAM defined LOD meshes not found, using filename matching
[00:00:52.699]           0B128984 WWWRTWall01Outer looking for rtwall01outeraltbrown
[00:00:52.733]           0B128984 WWWRTWall01Outer looking for rtwall01outeralt
[00:00:52.900]           0B128983 WWWRTWall03Inner looking for rtwall03inneraltbrown
[00:00:52.911]           0B128983 WWWRTWall03Inner looking for rtwall03inneralt
[00:00:53.086]           0907176F elsMountainButteMoss07 MNAM defined LOD meshes not found, using filename matching
[00:00:53.267]           0B128982 WWWWRWallCap01 looking for wrwallcap01altbrown
[00:00:53.272]           Missing model "meshes\plants\floramountainflower01black.nif" - ignoring TreeFloraMountainFlower01Black3DNPC "Black Mountain Flower" [TREE:1B1FF219] in OMEGA CACO Patches Merged.esp
[00:00:53.273]           0907176E elsMountainButteMoss08 MNAM defined LOD meshes not found, using filename matching

I have followed the guide, and the only variation is that I have updated https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16438 Landscape Overhaul to V1.7 as that came out before I did my merging

any ideas ??

**** UPDATE ****

Disabling Trees and Flora Merged, but enabling the 6 composite files causes Smash Patch to also fail to load but the Purple missing textures is gone

Edited by Genadine

Further Update

It appears that LOOT was the issue, with Trees and Flora Merged at the end of the load list all is great no broken Textures if I let LOOT place it, which it does pretty high in the list then the Textures get messed up.

Though still would like to know if I should be getting the missing texture messages in DynDOLOD

Running through all the steps in the guide now and here's something that may be useful to include.  There are many textures that need to be deleted or hidden, as is noted for each mod that needs it, but there's an easy way to do it if you don't want to actually delete the files or individually click on each file in MO2 and mark as hidden.

1. Open Powershell in the folder that contains the .tga files

This folder for example:

\mods\OMEGA AIO\textures\actors\character\facegendata\facetint\OMEGA Populated.esp

2. Type the following command:

dir *.tga | rename-item -newname {[io.path]::ChangeExtension($_.name,"tga.mohidden")}

Every .tga file in that folder will be changed to .tga.mohidden in less than a second.