Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hi again

@DarkladyLexy and Shadriss

Thanks for the input as to adding additional mods.  Only looking to add a new sword and a new Armour pack so I think these should be safe to drop in.

But as I now have a stable build if it goes wrong I will know what to remove :)

Sorry to double post everybody but I noticed a big problem regarding the guide's advice on merging plugins; please let me know if I'm just being foolish. Setting the .esp files to "Optional," which is presented as an alternative to Merge Plugins Hide in the guide, isn't actually a feasible option even if you're using the multi-profile setup suggested at the top of the Merge page. Those .esp files will become optional across all MO2 profiles. This means that if you want to rebuild, say, the Weapons & Armor merge after Lexy adds a new mod, you must first make all of those optional .esp's "Available" again in your Weapons & Armor Merged MO2 profile as they will disappear once you've set them to optional even if it was in the main LOtD profile. 

In other words, if you go to the Weapons & Armor merge profile in MO2, you'll still have all of the active mods checked in the left pane, but none of the two dozen .esp files needed to update the merge, as they're all set to "Optional." The only .esp's that show up are the ones that come from non-merged mods needed due to being master files to one of the merged mods. You'd have to go back and set every single merged .esp to "Available," rebuild the merge, and then set them all to "Optional" again. That's nearly as much work as just using one MO2 profile! You're better off with Merge Plugins Hide I'd say.

I know this because it just happened to me, and now I have a few hundred merged .esp's that have to be set back to "Available." before being able to edit any merges in zEdit.   :wallbash:

If you read the directions for the installation of the Merge Plugins Hide on the guide, you will note that you WILL be using that plugin - just with an option set in the plugin to set the ESPs to Optional instead of .mohidden. The results would be the same both ways. I just did all of the merges over the last three days using this method, and it is definately viable, easy, and very quick. I think you miss-read something, because it is not required to set them to optional manually, which is what it sounds like you were doing.

Despite what Lexy said, it doesn't matter what profile you use Hide Plugins on, as (you noted) it will affect all profiles. Again, even with the normal .mohidden setting, this would be the same. Try another merge using the Plugin as it's intended to be used, and I think you'll see the time difference.

Hi again

@DarkladyLexy and Shadriss

Thanks for the input as to adding additional mods.  Only looking to add a new sword and a new Armour pack so I think these should be safe to drop in.

But as I now have a stable build if it goes wrong I will know what to remove :)

Indeed - it's always nice to have a stable place to start T/S from.

Hey Guys we have not done on theses in a while but new Strawpoll https://www.strawpoll.me/17370682 please vote otherwise you can't moan at me about the result

I think it may be helpful to have a quick summary of differences between the mods being compared - I know CHorses since we've been using it forever now, but know nothing about how IHorses compares. Given the results to this point, I see a change on the horizon, so am curious if anyone can summarize the differences?

If you read the directions for the installation of the Merge Plugins Hide on the guide, you will note that you WILL be using that plugin - just with an option set in the plugin to set the ESPs to Optional instead of .mohidden. The results would be the same both ways. I just did all of the merges over the last three days using this method, and it is definately viable, easy, and very quick. I think you miss-read something, because it is not required to set them to optional manually, which is what it sounds like you were doing.

Despite what Lexy said, it doesn't matter what profile you use Hide Plugins on, as (you noted) it will affect all profiles. Again, even with the normal .mohidden setting, this would be the same. Try another merge using the Plugin as it's intended to be used, and I think you'll see the time difference.

Indeed - it's always nice to have a stable place to start T/S from.

I think it may be helpful to have a quick summary of differences between the mods being compared - I know CHorses since we've been using it forever now, but know nothing about how IHorses compares. Given the results to this point, I see a change on the horizon, so am curious if anyone can summarize the differences?

I'm of the same mind with CHorses. I feel it is so well done and almost feels as if it was made into the game that I would be hard pressed to change. I would want some good reasons and or a pros and cons of why we would. Why fix something that is not broken is my opinion.

well the pros for Immersive horses I see is less script heavy provides a sexy MCM and come with realistic horses built in.

We actaully had Immersive Horses on the LE Guide too.

A lot of users actually hate the quest you have to do to get a horse from CH. I personally don't care I don't like horses so I will this choice to the masses.

In the Merge Section the guide says:

Run LOOT for each merge profile.......Once LOOT has sorted your load order, hand place all ESPs that are to be merged at the bottom of the Right Pane in the order described for each merge.

The order of the esps to be merged should be as my loot places them or as per guide ?

eg:

Animals Merged:

Guide Order:

Files to merge:

• KrittaKittyHorsesForSSE.esp - (Realistic Horse Breeds by KrittaKitty)
  • Skytest Immersive Creatures.esp - (SkyTEST Integration Project SE - SkyTEST Immersive Creatures)
  • Skytest Creature Extension.esp - (SkyTEST Integration Project SE - Vanilla And DLC Creature Extension)
  • CrittersAintSnitches.esp - (Critters Ain't Snitches)
  • CrittersAintSnitches-SkyTEST-RA&P Patch.esp - (Critters Ain't Snitches - SkyTEST Patch)
  • SkyTEST Less Fear SSE Patch.esp - (SkyTEST Less Fear SSE Patch)
  • OMEGA Lexy LOTD Animals Merged Consistency Patch.esp - (OMEGA Lexy LOTD Animals Merged Consistency Patch)

My Loot Order is:

Skytest Immersive Creatures.esp

Skytest Creature Extension.esp

KrittaKittyHorsesForSSE.esp

OMEGA Lexy LOTD Animals Merged Consistency Patch.esp

CrittersAintSnitches.esp

CrittersAintSnitches-SkyTEST-RA&P Patch.esp

SkyTEST Less Fear SSE Patch.esp

Thanks

Edited by madskyrim

hi i have it all up and running smooth even on my gtx 970. only problem is animals are frozen any ideas what may be wrong?

it was found to be very buggy with the custom follower and since it will never get updated I decided to be shot of it.

Rebuilding from scratch again (maybe I like hazing myself...)

HQ Paper is no longer available on Nexus.

"Not found.  The mod you were looking for couldn't be found."

Do I need to worry about this?  Not sure why it's not available.

no, it just a texture replacer you can skip it

Hello,

I have followed your guide (the stable version) and i am now at the finishing line. However i noticed an issue with "OMEGA Followers and NPCs - Conflict Resolution".

I am not using the "M'rissi's Tails of Troubles SE" or "Song of the green" mod so the .esp of OMEGA Followers and NPCs - Conflict Resolution says it's missing two masters, from M'rissi's Tails of Troubles SE and Song of the green.

How do i proceed here? Do i not use the "OMEGA Followers and NPCs - Conflict Resolution" mod? Or can i safely ignore the warnings of missing masters?

Hey guys i have issued a quick update to STEP Verison of the guide plus I have push through all my recent changes to NEXUS so check the changelogs

Hello,

I have followed your guide (the stable version) and i am now at the finishing line. However i noticed an issue with "OMEGA Followers and NPCs - Conflict Resolution".

I am not using the "M'rissi's Tails of Troubles SE" or "Song of the green" mod so the .esp of OMEGA Followers and NPCs - Conflict Resolution says it's missing two masters, from M'rissi's Tails of Troubles SE and Song of the green.

How do i proceed here? Do i not use the "OMEGA Followers and NPCs - Conflict Resolution" mod? Or can i safely ignore the warnings of missing masters?

check the troubleshooting page https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_Troubleshooting there is a section on how to remove Master from a plugins

Hey guys i have issued a quick update to STEP Verison of the guide plus I have push through all my recent changes to NEXUS so check the changelogs

check the troubleshooting page https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_Troubleshooting there is a section on how to remove Master from a plugins

Hey thanks,

How would i go about and remove this though? Do i delete the record on the left? [0A00AA19] ?

0RGhvuv.png

Edited by nillenilsson