Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I'm about finishing all installation and I have question in the last step. Especially in this part:

Does that mean i just have to ignore the ini change or skip the dyndolod part entirely?

Just the INI Changes. The VRAM usage goes up significantly when you set it up for ultra trees - that's whats being referred to there. So don't make the changes to the INI, still clear out the cache as described, and run DynDOLOD.

Hey I'm getting a lot of infinite loading screens when I try to either fast travel to Solitude or when I leave the Dragonborn Gallery into Solitude. Any suggestions?

To the first, most of the mods we have allow for fast travel to be turned off - I know I don't use it, as it takes away from things you need to be doing, honestly... like killing everything that moves to build up your EXP so you can do the bigger things. So the easiest solution to the fast travel ILS is simply not to. Alternatively, you might want to make use of the carriage system if the time sink is what you are trying to avoid, but I've seen similar ILS problems with Solitude there as well... which brings me to...

...the second, I've seen that off and on myself, and it's not just from the DBM to Solitude, it's any transition in Solitude. Mine were intermittent, not an every time thing, so you may just have to drop a save before transitioning and just power through it. I was never able to find anything specific as to why it was happening, and it eventually just stopped. I know it's not overly helpful, but it's the only experience I have to pass on for that one.

Hi Lexy,

LOOT says some mods are dirty and should be cleaned but you dont mention that.

For example no snow under roof merged 2 mods are dirty : NSUTR groundsnow mesh fixes and NSUTR improvements have got ITM records but you just mention  "Idiot Check: Make sure you have cleaned Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp before doing this merge."

Does this no matter or should they be cleaned in Xedit?

please answer

As a general statement, you can likely clean them. While there ARE a few mods out there that make use of 'dirty edits' to make sure they operate properly, the guys at LOOT are aware of those, and they don't usually spawn that message. If the message bothers you enough, you are likely safe enough to clean the files. Otherwise, it's also pretty safe to ignore.

Yes to the esp's Lexy. I just realized that while going through the forum. I did not finish the merges or the profile yet to test. The other profile (old merges) was the one that had issues. After about 4 hours of troubleshooting I ran a back up of my left and right MO2 profiles and it worked so I backtracked it to a problem with zpatch and maybe a loadorder problem. Either way I left the loadorder and then added deleted my old zpatch and zpatch back up and that seemed to do the trick. Not really sure why it would have been changed as I have only run zmerge for the other profile. I could always do what you suggest and run a second location of MO2 but it makes things more time consuming when updating and it takes up a ton of space. I'll just have to be more careful from now on and test updates. For others out there that may do the same make sure to back up your overwright folder and be careful when running different profiles in MO2.

Edited by Jverv

Yes to the esp's Lexy. I just realized that while going through the forum. I did not finish the merges or the profile yet to test. The other profile (old merges) was the one that had issues. After about 4 hours of troubleshooting I ran a back up of my left and right MO2 profiles and it worked so I backtracked it to a problem with zpatch and maybe a loadorder problem. Either way I left the loadorder and then added deleted my old zpatch and zpatch back up and that seemed to do the trick. Not really sure why it would have been changed as I have only run zmerge for the other profile. I could always do what you suggest and run a second location of MO2 but it makes things more time consuming when updating and it takes up a ton of space. I'll just have to be more careful from now on and test updates. For others out there that may do the same make sure to back up your overwright folder and be careful when running different profiles in MO2.

can I ask is the zMerge test on the same install of MO as your Merge Plugin build or a totally separate install?

Hi there!

Very quick, and hopefully easy question. I'm starting this mega-project today... I've done one similar for Oldrim, and in that guide, there was a page dedicated to MO Left-pane organization. Is there somewhere I can find something like that? I prefer to keep track of it as I go, but doing another check at the end is always good.

Cheers, and thanks much for your hard work!

that is a known problem with zMerge: The current Version of zMerge has issue with MCM's. Copy the MCM you need, open the translations file, copy and paste the info from the original mod txt file to the Merges. This should hopefully be fixed in v0.5.4 Example Extended UI: you open extended ui_english.txt (or wherever your language is) and open heads up display merged_english.txt, copy and paste the info from the extended UI txt file to Heads up Display txt file and save.

I do actully leave the Heads display mods active so much easier now.

Lexy - worked like a charm!  Thank you.  I've left mine enabled as well.  Less to worry about.  Thank you!

can I ask is the zMerge test on the same install of MO as your Merge Plugin build or a totally separate install?

Same install Lexy. I just back up my overwrite folder every so often, and also my load order and plugin order. I then change profiles. It’s obviously not ideal but as I continue the zmerges I’ll test each time to make sure it does not screw up my current playthrough profile. I’m very confused to what happened but I’ll just keep a closer eye. I’ve yet to finish the new zmerge update as trying to problem solve this took me two days.

Hey,

Currently I'm at the XLODGEN step of the guide.

In the guide I read that that it takes about 2 hours for XLODGEN to finish, with the real time depending on my hardware.

I started XLODGEN last night before I went to sleep, but at this moment it is still running.

Every 5 sec or so a new output is generated in the log, so the program runs, but it is running for over 15 hours now.

At this moment it is creating the LODGEN's for dlc2Solstheimworld.

Should I wait and let it run it's course?

Or have I done something stupid along the way? :)

I'm using a MSI GT72 gaming laptop with following specs:

- Processor Intel® Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

- Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M with 8GB dedicated RAM

I followed the instructions for the +4GB RAM to try and see if they run at a decent FPS (since I can always scale down later if needed by redoing the XLODGEN and following steps).

Edited by Sentorsi

that definitely isn't right when in dyndolod you set TreeLod=1 in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and when you run Dyndolod you ticked the generate Tree LODs?

That's the worrying thing, I've made sure of both those things.  One thing I noticed, looking in MO it appears that the tree billboards are coming from Trees and Flora Merged rather than the actual billboard mods, and I have no idea why because Flora Merged is lower than them all and the left pane says it's being overwritten by EVT Billboards, your billboards and SFO Trees Only.

Edit:  Scratch that, the LODs in the actual DynDOLod folder *appear* to be coming from the right places (DynDOLod Resources, Trees and Flora Merged and *primarily* EVT Billboards) so I really have no idea what I did

Edited by Mummelpuffin

I am still getting 30 FPS outdoors with SLI disabled so I think I can just continue to switch it on or off when I want to play Skyrim, I still haven't managed to find anything online about why it would happen though.

In another note, is HDT part of this pack? I don't see it as any of the mods but I wasn't sure if it might be a part of one of the patches or something. I wanted to install quick loot, but it is incompatible with HDT and I'd rather be safe than sorry.