Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

nvm, it turns out it was working, the Relinker Output folder was in the zEdit folder instead of being transferred into the MO mods folder.

I had the same problem.  Within Zmerge - under the cog, you have to select Merge Settings tab, and change the output folder.  I initially thought it wasn't working, until I realized this.

First off - thank you!

So finished modding and the "finish line".  No errors with zMerge, and made it through easily.  After merges, I deactivated the mods on the left (except when they had other parts that were not merged).

1)  When I created a character, I had a problem with the eyes.

The eyes were all black, as if the textures were missing - no matter what I chose.

The only time I saw a difference, was when one eye was blind.

*** I plan to redo the faces merged and leave out the eyes. ***

2)  I also trying dynamic things, and it merged in miscellaneous fine (this worked before with merge plugins and was based on the Skyrim older guide).

*** I plan to redo the misc merge and leave that one out as well. ***

Will let you know if that fixes it.  Open to ideas also.

Thank you again!

no, you do not deactivate the merged mods anymore you instead leave the mods active in the left pane but move the merged ESPs to optional within MO. you can either do tey yourself or use Merge Plugin Hide.

Lexy - Thank you - everything is working great now.  Totally fixed the issues!  Wanted to post the follow up, since I probably wont be the only one to make this mistake.

I'm done with pretty much everything, i'm at the point where i should start the game but as soon as the game starts and the main menu is spinning and the little circle thing in the bottom right is loading the menu. When that's done, the menu freezes and the game crashes. This type of crash is pretty unusual for me, any of you have any idea what's going on?

So I’m not sure what happened but I’m trouble shooting. Just wondering if anyone had the same problem; I’ve been doing the zmerges slowly for another profile in mo2. Then switching back to my main play through profile to play the game. I’ve done a handful with no problems but then yesterday I switched profiles to play and I’m missing textures. Mainly things like fires in fireplaces and some clouds in snowy areas. Also the clouds on the map. Does zmerge put something in the overwrite folder? I don’t think my game updated as I go offline in steam. Wondering if zmerge drops things in the overwrite folder or if it somehow can change the old merges? I renamed them so I would not overwrite my “old†merges. Any direction would help since I was playing fine one min and then did a merge or two and went back to the profile and that happened. I’ve been trouble shooting and back tracking but nothing seems obvious. Thanks!

Edited by Jverv

Have you activated the new zmerges in your main play-through profile by accident? If I understand correctly, your current playthrough is based on the Merge Plugin Standalone merges and on your second profile you are trying out zMerges?

The only thing zmerge drops into the overwrite folder are the three patches "zPatch" "know_your_enemy_patch"  and "know_your_armor_patch" but those are of course created during the "Finishing Line" which you have not yet reached with your "zMerge Profile", right?

Hope you figure it out, I guess doing the merges and finish line again for your current play through would be a last resort.

Edited by Stejawiko

I'm done with pretty much everything, i'm at the point where i should start the game but as soon as the game starts and the main menu is spinning and the little circle thing in the bottom right is loading the menu. When that's done, the menu freezes and the game crashes. This type of crash is pretty unusual for me, any of you have any idea what's going on?

I have only had those issues when I

a.) accidentally updated my game and did not have the matching SKSE version

b.) had a missing master file (check plugin tab for warning signs)

c.) A couple of guide versions ago, I was having an issue with one of the "Conflict Resolution.esp" by Lexy and had to disable it for the menu to show up. For troubleshooting I deactivated mods in the reverse order I installed them in until I found the culprit.

Have you activated the new zmerges in your main play-through profile by accident? If I understand correctly, your current playthrough is based on the Merge Plugin Standalone merges and on your second profile you are trying out zMerges?

The only thing zmerge drops into the overwrite folder are the three patches "zPatch" "know_your_enemy_patch"  and "know_your_armor_patch" but those are of course created during the "Finishing Line" which you have not yet reached with your "zMerge Profile", right?

Hope you figure it out, I guess doing the merges and finish line again for your current play through would be a last resort.

Yeah I know about the zpatch, there their and unchanged. I have no missing masters in mo2. Really confusing. Something somewhere is either doubling up not on. Can’t figure out what though. Thought there might be a known issue. Oh well. Thanks for reply!

Hello! just finished the guide and everythings working fine except for one bug(feature?). My helmet unequips when I sheathe my weapon and requips once I unsheathe it! Hoods are unaffected. I don't remember a mod like this during installation so Im guessing its a bug? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Edit: Just received help from the discord, it is a feature and from a fairly obvious mod. Anyways thanks for an amazing guide Lexy!

Edited by fish_lad

this normally happens due to renumbered formID in the Lexy's LoTD SE OMEGA - Conflict Resolution use xedit and check for errors then fix the ones in spew out. Normally in the tome from of meditation found in one of the container records from Miscellaneous merge.

So I’m not sure what happened but I’m trouble shooting. Just wondering if anyone had the same problem; I’ve been doing the zmerges slowly for another profile in mo2. Then switching back to my main play through profile to play the game. I’ve done a handful with no problems but then yesterday I switched profiles to play and I’m missing textures. Mainly things like fires in fireplaces and some clouds in snowy areas. Also the clouds on the map. Does zmerge put something in the overwrite folder? I don’t think my game updated as I go offline in steam. Wondering if zmerge drops things in the overwrite folder or if it somehow can change the old merges? I renamed them so I would not overwrite my “old” merges. Any direction would help since I was playing fine one min and then did a merge or two and went back to the profile and that happened. I’ve been trouble shooting and back tracking but nothing seems obvious. Thanks!

have you made sure on your zMerge profile all mod remain active in the left pane but the esps are moved to optional?

Everybody please laugh at the godawful LODs I've ended up with

https://imgur.com/a/Bqz8QBb

(Not using Ultra Trees was a conscious choice, but clearly I've done something wrong)

that definitely isn't right when in dyndolod you set TreeLod=1 in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and when you run Dyndolod you ticked the generate Tree LODs?

Lexy

Thank you again.  As I'm going through the mod setup, I couldn't find Extended UI.  I actually double checked the install and the zmerge - copy general assets -> true for this merge only etc.

"

Later - I noticed it was in the MCM list - but at the top - as the name is messed up.  It also has a Skyrim symbol in front.  the new name:  "EX_UI MODTITLE"

I was able to open it and adjust the settings.

Not game breaking - just not sure why it didn't read the name correctly.

On the Heads up Display Merge - since general assets were copied, do I still need to keep the mods active on the left (and hide the plugins).  Seems like I could disable the mods just for this merge - I reviewed the merge and all the general assets appeared to copy correctly.

2 questions for the price of 1

Thank you!

Lexy

Thank you again.  As I'm going through the mod setup, I couldn't find Extended UI.  I actually double checked the install and the zmerge - copy general assets -> true for this merge only etc.

"

Later - I noticed it was in the MCM list - but at the top - as the name is messed up.  It also has a Skyrim symbol in front.  the new name:  "EX_UI MODTITLE"

I was able to open it and adjust the settings.

Not game breaking - just not sure why it didn't read the name correctly.

On the Heads up Display Merge - since general assets were copied, do I still need to keep the mods active on the left (and hide the plugins).  Seems like I could disable the mods just for this merge - I reviewed the merge and all the general assets appeared to copy correctly.

2 questions for the price of 1

Thank you!

that is a known problem with zMerge: The current Version of zMerge has issue with MCM's. Copy the MCM you need, open the translations file, copy and paste the info from the original mod txt file to the Merges. This should hopefully be fixed in v0.5.4 Example Extended UI: you open extended ui_english.txt (or wherever your language is) and open heads up display merged_english.txt, copy and paste the info from the extended UI txt file to Heads up Display txt file and save.

I do actully leave the Heads display mods active so much easier now.

Hi Lexy,

LOOT says some mods are dirty and should be cleaned but you dont mention that.

For example no snow under roof merged 2 mods are dirty : NSUTR groundsnow mesh fixes and NSUTR improvements have got ITM records but you just mention  "Idiot Check: Make sure you have cleaned Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp before doing this merge."

Does this no matter or should they be cleaned in Xedit?

please answer

I'm about finishing all installation and I have question in the last step. Especially in this part:

Ultra Trees will significantly increase your VRAM usage. If you have a 4GB or less graphics card consider generating traditional LOD.

Does that mean i just have to ignore the ini change or skip the dyndolod part entirely?