Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I'm actually playing right now, so I've been sitting these out, but general thanks to you and all the testing team for continually refining the list :)

I think the next major one I'll be looking at updating for is when Odyssey of the Dragonborn and LotD v5 are released. Out of curiosity, what's your expectation for delay on inclusion in the list following their release?

it will be done when it is done and not before  ::D: 

Hello, 

First time poster here. First of all, thank you Lexy and team for the excellent guide. I'd say I'm an intermediate modder and it was easy enough for me to follow for the most part and the linked videos helped me out the rest of the way. I reached the finish line late last night and successfully got in game and set up all the MCM settings so I'll be ready to embark on a fresh playthough tonight.

However, I have one concern. I was never able to successfully create a Wrye Bash patch as the program would always fail on trying to access the VFS with MO2. It would always give me a file folder is in use access error and fail. I tried updating both MO2 to latest dev version and Wrye the same but to no avail I could never do it. I can get Wrye to run natively outside of MO2 so it seems like it is related to how it interacts with MO2's virtual file system.

I moved on and did everything else including making the Smash Patch with Mator Smash. It is my understanding that MS accomplishes similar results as Wrye so I'm hoping I'll be ok? Can someone enlighten me on if this is the case or is my installation going to have problems down the road?

Thank you!

Hello, 

First time poster here. First of all, thank you Lexy and team for the excellent guide. I'd say I'm an intermediate modder and it was easy enough for me to follow for the most part and the linked videos helped me out the rest of the way. I reached the finish line late last night and successfully got in game and set up all the MCM settings so I'll be ready to embark on a fresh playthough tonight.

However, I have one concern. I was never able to successfully create a Wrye Bash patch as the program would always fail on trying to access the VFS with MO2. It would always give me a file folder is in use access error and fail. I tried updating both MO2 to latest dev version and Wrye the same but to no avail I could never do it. I can get Wrye to run natively outside of MO2 so it seems like it is related to how it interacts with MO2's virtual file system.

I moved on and did everything else including making the Smash Patch with Mator Smash. It is my understanding that MS accomplishes similar results as Wrye so I'm hoping I'll be ok? Can someone enlighten me on if this is the case or is my installation going to have problems down the road?

Thank you!

it is actually ok to run without a Bash Patch we mostly use Wrye to further reduce plugin count and it handles level list slight better the Smash does but nothing will break if you don't use one.

it will be done when it is done and not before  ::D:

Fair enough!

Artadius - shot in the dark, but speculation given my first experience with wrye and MO2: is your SSE install folder and the MO2 folder on different physical disks, but using soft links to connect or something like that? Back in the day, steam wasn't properly supporting multiple drives, so I had the program files on C:, but my steamapps folder was a soft links to another drive. I can't remember the details of the error, but something with the wyre settings for how it found the directory via MO2 wasn't super happy with that. If your install is involving multiple drives, I'd look into that.

Fair enough!

Artadius - shot in the dark, but speculation given my first experience with wrye and MO2: is your SSE install folder and the MO2 folder on different physical disks, but using soft links to connect or something like that? Back in the day, steam wasn't properly supporting multiple drives, so I had the program files on C:, but my steamapps folder was a soft links to another drive. I can't remember the details of the error, but something with the wyre settings for how it found the directory via MO2 wasn't super happy with that. If your install is involving multiple drives, I'd look into that.

I did see some discussion about that but I don't think that is my problem. I have both MO2 and Skyrim/Wrye installed to my third drive (G) SSD.  MO2 is installed outside of the Skyrim installation, but still on same drive.

Edited by artadius

Hello

I am following the Prerequisites instructions and when I install SSE Creation Kit Fixes and launch the CK

I get this error log:

Terrain build dispatcher created.
Creation Kit
User Name: David
CreateProcess failed (2).

Should I be concerned about this?
Thanks

Hello

I am following the Prerequisites instructions and when I install SSE Creation Kit Fixes and launch the CK

I get this error log:

Terrain build dispatcher created.
Creation Kit
User Name: David
CreateProcess failed (2).

Should I be concerned about this?
Thanks

^^^^ x2

Also thanks for the update! Also just to let you know, in the setting up mod organizer section, you still have merge plugins as one of the base tools to add to exectuables.

OMG Merge Plugins Hide is so nice!  Took me a minute to realize I need to right click on each merge mod in the merge hide box and choose disable to get it to work, but once I figured that out I fell in love!

Quick question about zEdit... is there a way to make it stop making a backups folder everytime I run it?  The folder keeps appearing in my overwrite folder, but is always empty.  Slightly annoying having to constantly delete it, as I hate having anything sitting in my overwrite folder.

Edited by Smokingjoe1982

wanted to try something different.

I see. I presumed it might have been because of technical issues.

I am reluctant to use iAFT because the original author has abandoned the mod, and I'm pondering on choosing either EFF or Nether's Follower Framework as a replacement. Good to know EFF didn't cause any problems.

I can't seem to flag Realistic Water Two as an ESL. It doesn't start out as an ESL, so not sure why the instructions to unflag in the first place. But whenever I flag it and save, I get this error:

[00:00] Error saving RealisticWaterTwo.esp.save.2019_01_21_16_49_29: Record RainingClearspringTarn [REFR:050B1BA3] (places XMarker [sTAT:0000003B] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at 32,-14) has invalid ObjectID 0B1BA3 for a light module. You will not be able to save this file with ESL flag active.

I've tried redownloading it as well as making a new mod in the list. The error persists. Any idea what's going on?

you can't flag the main RWT as an esl but the patches are alreay flagged but don't worry about unflagging them anymore