Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

No need to apologize, thanks for trying to help me get to the bottom of this. Its extra because I don't find it in the Modwat https://modwat.ch/u/Darkladylexy/plugins , and it has a very similar name to the merge, which is called " Landscape Fixes For Grass Patches Merged.esp".

Disregard the modwatch... that list is constantly in flux, and changes based on what she's testing and working with, not what a final version of the guide might look like on your end. Stick with the instructions, and don't worry about comparing it to modwatch.

Also, SSEEdit has already a version 3.3.2 available.

Safe to use or stick with 3.3.1?

If the SSEEdit team released a new version, it's likely safe. You can go ahead, and if anything doesn't work with it you can roll back, or you can wait until Lexy checks it (which is basically just saying "Hey! Look! It's updated!", then updating the guide) before doing it. Either way, there shouldn't be any major issues.

So, I started the guide again from start. And I still have that issue of an infinite loading screen in the main menu when zPatch.esp and / or Lexy's LOTD SE OMEGA - SMASH Override.esp are activated  :confusion:  :unsure: . Anyone else have this problem or a solution for that issue? Thanks in advance!

Mod Organizer question ... I am using MO 2 (2.1.4) with Fallout 4. I installed the 2.1.5 version separately but when I run it it brings up Fallout 4, which is not set up as portable. Any suggestions as to how I might be able to run them separately?

So, I started the guide again from start. And I still have that issue of an infinite loading screen in the main menu when zPatch.esp and / or Lexy's LOTD SE OMEGA - SMASH Override.esp are activated  :confusion:  :unsure: . Anyone else have this problem or a solution for that issue? Thanks in advance!

This seems to occur cos of an error in SMASH Override caused by Merge Plugins Renumbering formids in the Animal Merge. I suggest checking it for errors if i pick up anything look the up and forward from your Animal merge to SMASH Override

Without knowing exactly why this happens, there's no way to state a solution. As I use those files myself and do not have this issue, I can only assume there is a problem somewhere that is a bit more esoteric. Certainly, the SMASH override is fine - Lexy makes this herself, obviously, and it certainly works for her and myself, and I haven't heard that anyone on the Discord has had issues either.

Actually, that may be the best idea - head onto Lexy's Discord channel (Link at the top of the main page of the Guide), head into the General Help Desk room, and ask there - there's usually a few people on there that have some idea of how to help you troubleshoot the issue.

game crash to desktop when the RELINKER mod is checked...do I need RELINKER or can I keep it unchecked in the left pane of MO???

MintyMcmPatchQuestScript is the problem.

I know you've found the solution, but to answer the other half of the question, you do need Relinker - it reconnects scripts that are looking for the old file names to the newly renamed merge, which allows the mods contained in those merges to function properly. Lexy is in the middle of testing and working out how to use a new program (zMerge) which will eventually replace Relinker and Merge Plugins both, and will streamline the process for this quite a bit.

Mod Organizer question ... I am using MO 2 (2.1.4) with Fallout 4. I installed the 2.1.5 version separately but when I run it it brings up Fallout 4, which is not set up as portable. Any suggestions as to how I might be able to run them separately?

This is something to take up over in the MO help threads, not here in the T/S for Lexy's Guide.

This seems to occur cos of an error in SMASH Override caused by Merge Plugins Renumbering formids in the Animal Merge. I suggest checking it for errors if i pick up anything look the up and forward from your Animal merge to SMASH Override

Ahhh. I stand corrected on my last post - apparently this is a new issue that I don't have because I haven't updated my merges in a few weeks.

I've encountered an annoying problem with Merge Plugins that I didn't have the last time when I used it, and that is that it doesn't copy the assets in the merge folder, even though I set it up like in the pictures (https://imgur.com/a/nDpxe). For now I will make the original esp's optional and keep the original mods active in the left pane, and hope that it will work, but does anyone know what might be the problem? I tried running Merge Plugins as admin, changing the folder where the merged plugins get added, but nothing worked so far. The cmd window doesn't open to copy the files for me.

Without knowing exactly why this happens, there's no way to state a solution. As I use those files myself and do not have this issue, I can only assume there is a problem somewhere that is a bit more esoteric. Certainly, the SMASH override is fine - Lexy makes this herself, obviously, and it certainly works for her and myself, and I haven't heard that anyone on the Discord has had issues either.

Actually, that may be the best idea - head onto Lexy's Discord channel (Link at the top of the main page of the Guide), head into the General Help Desk room, and ask there - there's usually a few people on there that have some idea of how to help you troubleshoot the issue.

I know you've found the solution, but to answer the other half of the question, you do need Relinker - it reconnects scripts that are looking for the old file names to the newly renamed merge, which allows the mods contained in those merges to function properly. Lexy is in the middle of testing and working out how to use a new program (zMerge) which will eventually replace Relinker and Merge Plugins both, and will streamline the process for this quite a bit.

This is something to take up over in the MO help threads, not here in the T/S for Lexy's Guide.

Point. Right.

Okay, thanks! But I have also CTD's all around the game when entering a new cell. I think I messed something up so I start the guide again  :drool:

Don't we have to redo the Merge for OMEGA CACO after the new update because of Quasipc?

Also, with the new Animations: Do we need to run them through FNIS? Or is that not necessary since it's "just" skeleton changes?

In answer to you question from Lexy's Discord channel:....@DarkladyLexy with the today update for QWINN's MOD, don't we have to regenerate CACO Patches Merged ? Lexy's answer:....@Mandalay I have already answered that question and no cos the patches we use didn't get updated.

As for the new Animations...No they are only meshes so you don't need to do FNIS again

I've encountered an annoying problem with Merge Plugins that I didn't have the last time when I used it, and that is that it doesn't copy the assets in the merge folder, even though I set it up like in the pictures (https://imgur.com/a/nDpxe). For now I will make the original esp's optional and keep the original mods active in the left pane, and hope that it will work, but does anyone know what might be the problem? I tried running Merge Plugins as admin, changing the folder where the merged plugins get added, but nothing worked so far. The cmd window doesn't open to copy the files for me.

I used to have this same problem. My Merge Plugins now does the job correctly as yours used to, but what I did instead of keeping the single mods active was take all of the non-esp files in each mod that had been merged and copy-paste them into the main folder of the merged mod (where the merged .esp is). These are usually scripts, but can also be textures or meshes.

For example, I noticed that I was not getting the proper effects from the mods in the Heads Up Display merge, but if I manually activated, say, the already-merged A Matter of Time mod along with the HUD Merged .esp I not only got the effects but got TWO mod configuration menus instead of zero like before. Turns out Merge Plugins just didn't copy the scripts, so I copied them manually. It's a little time-consuming, but not altogether a bad solution imo if you want to try it.

I used to have this same problem. My Merge Plugins now does the job correctly as yours used to, but what I did instead of keeping the single mods active was take all of the non-esp files in each mod that had been merged and copy-paste them into the main folder of the merged mod (where the merged .esp is). These are usually scripts, but can also be textures or meshes.

For example, I noticed that I was not getting the proper effects from the mods in the Heads Up Display merge, but if I manually activated, say, the already-merged A Matter of Time mod along with the HUD Merged .esp I not only got the effects but got TWO mod configuration menus instead of zero like before. Turns out Merge Plugins just didn't copy the scripts, so I copied them manually. It's a little time-consuming, but not altogether a bad solution imo if you want to try it.

Thank you, I think I will try that, just to be sure I won't have problems later. Such a weird problem though, its strange that I can't find a proper fix.

Edited by dreamer1986