Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

... Her story went a really interesting way, though. She was exploring the area and found... wow, I'm totally drawing a blank on which shrine that was. Anyway, there she found a book called "The Importance of Where." That night, she got attacked by, no lie, something like 15 wolves. Remembering that book, she scrambled up on a rock where only one of them could get near her at a time and killed all of them. That left her with enough pelts to make warm clothing, a cloak, tent, basically everything she needed. She carried that book with her the rest of the game, feeling that it had saved her life....

Nice storytelling, respect for the RP. I started as the owner of Lakeview Manor, so not roughing it so much, but we Redguard are more cultured than you northern savages. I sympathize with your struggle to acquire leather for armor, I've stalked deer all the way to Helgen in my farmers clothes. Quite concerned bandits will see me before I see them as I use iHud to hide the crosshair/stealth detection "eye".

After many hours of testing...

The crashing in Riften/Leaving buildings with DynDOLOD enabled is caused by the new Realistc Water Two update. I have reported this to Sheson, so hopefully he can fix it.

Might be a good idea to mention it to the guys at RWT as well, right.

EDIT: Also, I use this new version of RWT and don't experience crashing.  It is likely you have selected an option I didn't in the installer.

EDIT2: Actually, I didn't download v1.5.3 because I didn't use the option that it says was updated.

So maybe something about that option is the issue.

Hotfix Update: only users playing with the Flowing Lakes option need to update; else this update can be ignored.

Either way, the issue is probably with an option that isn't just the default stuff.

Edited by sirjesto

Used the same options as the guide. High textures with extended Ambiance checked. v1.5.3.

Have you re-ran DynDOLOD since the 1.5.2(?) update a few weeks back? He changed the water LOD in that update and I suspect that is what's causing it.

Edited by tyrindor

Might be a good idea to mention it to the guys at RWT as well, right.

EDIT: Also, I use this new version of RWT and don't experience crashing.  It is likely you have selected an option I didn't in the installer.

I'm running DynDOLOD @ 1024 max with RWT & everything in the list below, no issues with CTD entering/leaving. I've got RWT / iNeed compatibility and extended ambience.

I did just CTD out of a three way magical scrum with Bandits, Vampires and my new best friend Ralof leaving Helgen but that wasn't unexpected all things considered. 

Used the same options as the guide. High textures with extended Ambiance checked.

Well, I don't use the guide so I didn't know that. :P

I use "HIGH" for the optional  texture resolution. Original foam, smoother rivers,  I do use the sound extended ambiance. I use the Water color option.

The issue would be from a bad mesh, so maybe I'll do a scan on the meshes in the newest RWT and see if I find something.

I'm running DynDOLOD @ 1024 max with RWT & everything in the list below, no issues with CTD entering/leaving. I've got RWT / iNeed compatibility and extended ambience.

I did just CTD out of a three way magical scrum with Bandits, Vampires and my new best friend Ralof leaving Helgen but that wasn't unexpected all things considered. 

When is the last time you did a fresh DynDOLOD on the latest beta with the newest RWT? The newest DYnDOLOD is brand new, and the last RWT update was only a couple weeks ago.

Well, I don't use the guide so I didn't know that. :P

I use "HIGH" for the optional  texture resolution. Original foam, smoother rivers,  I do use the sound extended ambiance. I use the Water color option.

The issue would be from a bad mesh, so maybe I'll do a scan on the meshes in the newest RWT and see if I find something.

It's not a mesh issue based on my testing, deleting the entire mesh folder from DynDOLOD output did not fix the crashing. It's something inside DynDOLOD.esp that RealisticWaterTwo is adding (from what I gather). 
Edited by tyrindor

Hmm nifscan had a problem reading these textures:

NifScan 0.3.2, starting to scan...

Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxfluidtile02.dds
Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwaterdropripplestile.dds
Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwaterdropripplestilebrt.dds
Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwaterdropripplestile_less.dds
Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwatertile01_n.dds
Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwatertile01_wave.dds
Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwatertile02_n.dds
Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\effects\fxwatertile03_n.dds
Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\water\defaultwater_creek.dds
Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\water\defaultwater_pond.dds
Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\water\oceanflow.dds
Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\water\pondflow.dds
Error reading file realistic water two v1.5.3\textures\water\riverflow.dds
[Done] Checked 710 file(s)
Not sure if that has anything to do with anything though.

Also, the issue isn't with DynDOLOD at all.
Edited by sirjesto

To be clear, if it was a bad texture or mesh, the crash would happen all the time and instantly in the cell. It wouldn't be just sometimes when entering or exiting a building.

That is something else completely.

I just did a test entering and exiting 8 buildings in Riften myself for kicks and had no issues.

• +1 1

To be clear, if it was a bad texture or mesh, the crash would happen all the time and instantly in the cell. It wouldn't be just sometimes when entering or exiting a building.

I just did a test entering and exiting 8 buildings in Riften myself for kicks and had no issues.

Yeah, this is a weird one.

I just re-enabled RWT, re-ran DynDOLOD, and the crashing is back. Basically a ~90% chance to CTD when leaving a building in Riften. The only options in the installer I used were High textures + Wyrmstooth patch. The Wyrmstooth patch is rather new, so I am going to try to disable only that now. However, I have my doubts since I am not even generating the wyrmstooth world.

EDIT: Someone else just posted on the DynDOLOD thread that removing RWT fixed the Riften crashing for them too. Odd some people don't seem affected by whatever is causing it. My gut tells me it's gotta be an RWT patch or something.

Edited by tyrindor

Glad you beat me to it, I've got bandits and vamps to re-kill. I've been modding so much I've forgotten how to play, gotta go practice.