Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I am up to the point in the guide where Immersive Armors is installed, the special instruction say to delete Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp, but the note about extracting with Mod Organiser are missing.

So, I know before the guide was updated, the note for extracting the BSA's was there.

There was also a note about using SSE Nif Optimizer.

I'm not sure as to what you are referring.  Immersive Armors still has the BSA Extracted tag above it and it clearly states that that esp is not needed once you extract the bsa.  Run the nif optimizer on it then if you want, it won't hurt nothing.

I'm not sure as to what you are referring.  Immersive Armors still has the BSA Extracted tag above it and it clearly states that that esp is not needed once you extract the bsa.  Run the nif optimizer on it then if you want, it won't hurt nothing.

Sorry, missed the BSA extracted tag.

Hey so for Stunning Statues of Skyrim you say 

Special Installation: After installation, copy and rename the following files as indicated:

meshes/architecture/winterhold/magestatue.nif -> meshes/prometheus/architecture/statuessnow/magestatuesnow_only.nif\

Just in case, should we delete the originals in their original location after we copy and rename?

Hey so for Stunning Statues of Skyrim you say 

Special Installation: After installation, copy and rename the following files as indicated:

meshes/architecture/winterhold/magestatue.nif -> meshes/prometheus/architecture/statuessnow/magestatuesnow_only.nif\

Just in case, should we delete the originals in their original location after we copy and rename?

Copy and rename

Ho Lexylady.

I wanted to add this mod, since in my opinion the management from the economy is too simple ... is it compatible or does it lead to conflicts?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9542

You are free to add mods to or take mods away from this guide as you see fit; however, you are responsible for any conflict resolution resulting from doing so.  It is a guide not a bible.  :)

I'll take that as a "no" :P

Ha Ha, yep that would be a "No".

so after i updated LOTD, i loaded the game, saved in a new slot, closed the game and opened the save file with resaver. i clicked Show unattached instences under clean and nothing appeared just the save file.

I thought the right way to do this would be to make a save with the old install. Then update the mod, load and clean the last save with Resaver and THEN launch the game with the updated mod for the first time.

But maybe your order will lead to the same result.

I thought the right way to do this would be to make a save with the old install. Then update the mod, load and clean the last save with Resaver and THEN launch the game with the updated mod for the first time.

But maybe your order will lead to the same result.

If u have saves already u shouldnt need to make another redundant save because no changes were made. Saveing the game after an update allows those changes to be made to the save file, thus allowing u to fix them or if not addressed can be the cause of problems.

If u have saves already u shouldnt need to make another redundant save because no changes were made. Saveing the game after an update allows those changes to be made to the save file, thus allowing u to fix them or if not addressed can be the cause of problems.

My understanding was, that you delete the scripts that got changed from your save before you load that save with the updated mod, so that the old and new instances of the scripts would not get baked into the same save.

I actually had the same question and found it a bit earlier: https://modwat.ch/u/Darkladylexy/plugins

Oh, oops. We need a version of LMGTFY for this thread for those of use who keep forgetting to search. (In my defense, I don't ALWAYS forget.)

I think im going to give it a try, it just sucks that Chesko himself on twitter said he was done with campfire and working on finishing frostfall 2 months ago.  He sounded (and i think even said 1 month) that he was close :(  I know when I finally break down and use these fixes, hes going to release Campfire/Frostfall OMEGA OMG edition, where there are thousands of improvements and features, and oh ya, pretty much need to re install windows and make 6 new games for it to work (/s) 

Only problem I have with the fix is the interface changes, I use Ultra wide, and the swfs the mod uses are not at the right aspect ratio.  

I seem to remember seeing a mod that fixes issues with ultra-wide monitors, but I don't have one so I didn't pay much attention. I know that is only slightly more than zero help, but look around, I'm pretty sure there's something out there.

Copy and rename

To repeat myself from above, oh, oops.

Ho Lexylady.

I wanted to add this mod, since in my opinion the management from the economy is too simple ... is it compatible or does it lead to conflicts?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9542

Oooh, I like that! It's always bugged me in games that yeah, maybe it starts out hard to get money, but half-way through and you might as well just melt it down and cover your floors with it. Or just pile it up in that room in LOTD. (I had a Bosmer that lived off the land to the point she was something like level 60 and had never bought a single thing. If they were easy to drop, I'd have had her dropping coins in Dwemer dungeons just so she wouldn't keep getting lost. :-p I have occasionally done that with snowberries.)

Speaking of LOTD, last time (on SLE) that I tried to update the scripts, I ended up with this bug where every time I'd leave for a bit and come back and check the collection box, there was around $60k in there. Talk about having piles of septims... As much as I LOVE that mod, I really wish the author would come up with some way to update that doesn't involve having to clean script files.

Oh, I found my problem with the iAFT MCM menu. When I reinstalled it, it only reinstalled the patch, not the full version. *headdesk* After that, though... I went through and created a number of default saves, setting all the MCM settings as I went. Things ran wonderfully! No dark-face bugs, no weirdness in Helgen... I did notice that it was ignoring my bShowTutorials=0 in skyrim.ini. No big deal, was just going to check the HUD mods today. Then once I ran all the way through it, and left Helgen, right after the Standing Stones, I'd come around a corner and see a tree branch floating in the middle of nowhere and then immediately CTD, both on the vanilla start and the Opening Scene Overhaul. *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* I'm REALLY hoping it's something to do with my trees/flora merge because it would really suck if I knocked my monitor across the room and had to buy a new one.

BTW, does Hadvar usually make any comments if you select the Warrior stone? My character did, planning to come back later because she was trying to keep making a good impression on the Nord and knew Nords don't like mages. But I can't recall ever picking that one, and when I did, he didn't say anything and wouldn't continue on down the road unless I ran way in front of him. Everything went fine if I picked either of the other two stones.

Off-topic, does anyone know how this Youtuber got a 3rd person cart view for the alternate opening scene? If I use TFC (alt opening or vanilla), I'm invisible, even having used LAL to create my character first. I don't appear until my hands are untied.

I seem to remember seeing a mod that fixes issues with ultra-wide monitors, but I don't have one so I didn't pay much attention. I know that is only slightly more than zero help, but look around, I'm pretty sure there's something out there.

There is https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1778 for instance but it isn't "compatible" with the Frostfall stuff as they are just updates to the same .swf files. Someone would need to make a ultra-wide Frostfall version specifically to integrate both sets of changes.

@OCDCoder

Glad you got iAFT worked out.  The likely suspect for that tree branch is more than likely the Trees and Flora merge, if it is a big one it could be that something went wrong with Fallen Trees.  The Hadvar thing is Skyrim being Skyrim.

That third person cart view is some kind of free form camera, maybe that mod Opening Scene Overhaul, and a lot of editing work.

Shabdez and Blackjackel hi! From the time you press "New" game, All mods in your load order, have there information baked into you game save, literally from the start...hence as you know the golden rule to not remove mods on a play through(what you have, is what you end with). When mods are updated it's important to follow the mod authors instructions on "how to", to avoid problems in game. So removing or upgrading wrongly means the game, when loading, is looking for information from mods thats baked in and when it cannot find it, leads to ctd and problems...as the info has been removed/changed. Though at present I'm not using Resaver, it should be similar to saved game script cleaner tool (now outdated).....So with LOTD and the clear info on what scripts need to be cleaned, i first save, prior to updating and make a backup of that save. Update the mod and then clean/delete the save, of said scripts...then "Remove Scripts Attached to Nonexistent Created Forms(as with the old tool..I'm still at present on LE)", follow Resavers instructions. This then causes/forces, the game to now load and look for the "New" scripts and not the old scripts that have been removed....This is my understanding of this process, hope it may help and open to correction if wiser heads understand better..happy modding ::):

• +1 1