Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

What are your opinions regarding the following:

- could changing the timescale to 15 interfere with vanilla or modded scripts/quests?

- when you start your character with the full mod list, the load of scripts all firing up at the same time is quite heavy. What's the safest approach to avoid screwing up from the beginning:

a) start the game normally with the full load order, create character, stay in the abandoned prison (AS-LAL) and do nothing untill notifications stop and only then approach Mara's statue and begin the game normally;

b) start the game with another profile loading only AS-LAL and its requirements (if any), create character, wait a while and do not approach Mara, save, quit, start game with the full modded load order, load game and proceed as in a) (the idea here being to allow any scripts that the game always has to fire at startup to run first, then allow the mods' scripts to run when the script load is lower).

c) your suggestion?

- certain scenes are pretty script heavy, like the first approach to Whiterun, Riverwood or first time entering Solitude. How long should you let the game run at startup, as a precaution to lighten the script load before approaching any known heavily scripted scene? Sometimes after a few minutes I still get messages saying "x" mod was initialized, or that "n" new menus were added to the MCM. I get the feeling that letting some time pass before doing anything allows this initial sequence to stream better.

I have/had the dark face bug on a few children, including Dorthe and Babette.

I had a look at SSEdit to see which esp were dealing with these two NPCs and after a few tries at moving the esp order and removing others, it seems that zEdit was the only culprit. I disabled the zEdit esp and Babette now has a normal pale face with blond hair as intended.

What does zEdit do exactly? And what problem can I face if I keep it disabled?

Tiny detail in the CR: if you're using Palaces and Castles Enhanced with this mod build, there's an edit in the CR to the Blue Palace Dome that should be fixing the lighting from ELFX after some Snazzy patch had it messed up - records 0006F925, 0006F92A, 0006F92B and 0006F92C. Unfortunately, these records reposition the dome at its original location and undo the changes made by PCE, resulting in the palace ceiling being disrupted where the dome should be. Setting up a rule in LOOT to place PCE below the CR could work, but I don't like the idea of moving whole plugins around to correct a minor detail such as this, so my approach was to copy only those records from the Lexy's CR as overwrites to a new custom CR plugin, and fix the position of the dome by carrying the x, y, and z values from Palaces and Castles Enhanced.esp. This also avoids editing Lexy's CR itself, which would have the disadvantage of having to redo any changes made to it when updating. A custom CR will most likely be needed in any build that makes changes to the guide.

Edited by godescalcus

I'm at the "Clean the Bethesda ESM's" section having a small crisis.

Going through the SSEEDit just fine for Update.ESM. When I'm done however, there's nothing in the overwrite folder.

It seems like SSEEdit is saving the changes directly to the Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder. I replace the Update.ESM with the backed up copy and run LOOT. It notifies me about the errors. Then I do the cleaning again, run LOOT after, the error is gone for Update.ESM.

I had been doing my own thing and decided to start from scratch with this guide, so the last time I cleaned my ESM's was prior to Mod Organizer 2's latest update. These ESM's need cleaning anyway, does it even matter if I'm not creating a folder through MO2? Still, I kinda liked how anything I did went to the Overwrite folder, even if they claim it wasn't a feature but instead a bug. :(

Sairven hi! Ahh i noticed this too, but thought it was just me! I went back to Neovalen's method way back when: First i have always made a back up of a clean install of steam vanilla setup( in case i mess up somewhere). Second when cleaning the Bethesda .esm's i have backup "checked". These get placed in overwrite and cleaned versions, as you mentioned went into Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder. I then created a folder in MO2 - mods folder called Cleaned Vanilla esm's or as Lexy has instructed. The esm(cleaned) in data folder then moved into this created folder and overwrite backups sent to Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder and renamed. Strange that this only seems to happen with the Bethesda esm's, were as with other mods and backup unchecked, they go into overwrite. Once done, i check both profiles (vanilla/LOTD relic hunter or what ever) with LOOT and Vanilla profile shows uncleaned....LOTD relic hunter cleaned

Sairven hi! Ahh i noticed this too, but thought it was just me! I went back to Neovalen's method way back when: First i have always made a back up of a clean install of steam vanilla setup( in case i mess up somewhere). Second when cleaning the Bethesda .esm's i have backup "checked". These get placed in overwrite and cleaned versions, as you mentioned went into Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder. I then created a folder in MO2 - mods folder called Cleaned Vanilla esm's or as Lexy has instructed. The esm(cleaned) in data folder then moved into this created folder and overwrite backups sent to Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder and renamed. Strange that this only seems to happen with the Bethesda esm's, were as with other mods and backup unchecked, they go into overwrite. Once done, i check both profiles (vanilla/LOTD relic hunter or what ever) with LOOT and Vanilla profile shows uncleaned....LOTD relic hunter cleaned

Awesome, thanks! I was wondering about whether it'd happen to non-Bethesda mods too, thanks for clarifying that it doesn't. Whew.

Lexy, where do we stand on using The Great Equalizer script with SSE? I read your comments there and used your method of deleting the lute record before running TGE, then saving only the TGE plugin on exit. Tested it on my favourite OP piece of equipent (NOT!), the Dwemer Power Armor from Aetherium Weapons and Armor. It seems to work at first look. Have you had any issues since?

I still think that set of equipment (aetherium) is overpowered beyond cheating, because of all the enchantments every piece gets... Maybe it (and eventually a few more items) could get a more aggressive nerfing in the CR, like removing enchantments (or editing the enchantments themselves, which are specific to that mod). A bit of "micromanagement" but it does get to a point in the game where it just doesn't make sense to wear any other equipment...

What are your opinions regarding the following:

- could changing the timescale to 15 interfere with vanilla or modded scripts/quests?

- when you start your character with the full mod list, the load of scripts all firing up at the same time is quite heavy. What's the safest approach to avoid screwing up from the beginning:

a) start the game normally with the full load order, create character, stay in the abandoned prison (AS-LAL) and do nothing untill notifications stop and only then approach Mara's statue and begin the game normally;

b) start the game with another profile loading only AS-LAL and its requirements (if any), create character, wait a while and do not approach Mara, save, quit, start game with the full modded load order, load game and proceed as in a) (the idea here being to allow any scripts that the game always has to fire at startup to run first, then allow the mods' scripts to run when the script load is lower).

c) your suggestion?

- certain scenes are pretty script heavy, like the first approach to Whiterun, Riverwood or first time entering Solitude. How long should you let the game run at startup, as a precaution to lighten the script load before approaching any known heavily scripted scene? Sometimes after a few minutes I still get messages saying "x" mod was initialized, or that "n" new menus were added to the MCM. I get the feeling that letting some time pass before doing anything allows this initial sequence to stream better.

1) It seems to me that changing the time scale could/would affect scripts/quests, but I'm not sure how.  Maybe if the author expected timescale for interactions and the change altered that.  :confusion:

2) I always start with the full mod list (whatever Build I have installed atm).

3) I usually do wait for the messages to slow down/stop before doing anything.  I like to have all the MCM settings made before I venture out into Skyrim with a new PC. ::):

2) I always start with the full mod list (whatever Build I have installed atm).

I did recall, since, that some mode require to be loaded at start to work properly, Legacy being one of them. So the best course, so far, seems to be to let the engine chew up the starters before doing anything (even configuring the MCM). Oh, well, yesterday I did just that and took the time to make all the suggested configurations, then started a playthrough and have done nothing but troubleshooting and conflict resolving since LOL. And I thought I'd save and keep that character so I never had to do the config again.

Regarding the timescale, I really don't know. Between what the scripts are expecting and giving them more time to run (by lowering the timescale, shouldn't they fire in a slower pace?), I don't know what's best.

I was always wondering what mod would benefit form FNIS Creatures and asked on the mod's page for an example. Fore replied that he also doesn't know a single mod for SSE that would make use of it. May I ask which mod from this guide gets processed by Creatures functionalities when running FNIS?

I'm at the "Clean the Bethesda ESM's" section having a small crisis.

Going through the SSEEDit just fine for Update.ESM. When I'm done however, there's nothing in the overwrite folder.

It seems like SSEEdit is saving the changes directly to the Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder. I replace the Update.ESM with the backed up copy and run LOOT. It notifies me about the errors. Then I do the cleaning again, run LOOT after, the error is gone for Update.ESM.

I had been doing my own thing and decided to start from scratch with this guide, so the last time I cleaned my ESM's was prior to Mod Organizer 2's latest update. These ESM's need cleaning anyway, does it even matter if I'm not creating a folder through MO2? Still, I kinda liked how anything I did went to the Overwrite folder, even if they claim it wasn't a feature but instead a bug. :(

Earlier this week I converted some SkyrimLE armor mods for use in SSE by changing their ESPs to Form 44.  The first time I converted them, it was all done during the same CK2 session.  After saving the last mod ESP and exiting the CK2, there wasn't anything in the Overwrite Folder.  Initially I panicked and said WTF!  After I calmed down, I checked the mod's folders and the newly-minted Form 44 mod ESPs were in their respective folders.  I ran copies through the CK2 individually and the same thing happened: the converted ESP was put back where it came from, not in the OF.  I figured that it was an outcome of the recent MO2 update and that others were seeing the same results after updating MO2.

I was always wondering what mod would benefit form FNIS Creatures and asked on the mod's page for an example. Fore replied that he also doesn't know a single mod for SSE that would make use of it. May I ask which mod from this guide gets processed by Creatures functionalities when running FNIS?

I really don't know, maybe Moonlight Tales or other combat mods?