Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I've always found heads in glass jars, fairies, fish bowls and the like were kind of lore unfriendly... Not that they ever broke my immersion LOL Nor did the bright pink and green shells I keep finging by the sea, for that matter!

Good point! I was planning not to use the BadGremlins Collection, but it looks like that BGCollectables.esp is mandatory for Lexy's LoTD SE - Conflict Resolution so I can't avoid it, can I?

PS: It's the same with CFTO and iNeed for Lexy's LoTD SE - Conflict Resolution CR Update for 1.06.1 (TESTING), isn't it? Is it safe to skip the update? :D

Edited by filiusDei

Hi there, I'm loving the guide but I've run into a snag towards then end, when attempting the merge plugin steps.

For the creation of the Animals Merged esp, I'm missing SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp as a master.  During the main portion of the guide, it says:

Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp

So I don't have the file installed.  Do I just temporarily add it back in for the merge, and remove it again after?

Thanks in advance, and thanks x 1000 for the guide.

Hi there, I'm loving the guide but I've run into a snag towards then end, when attempting the merge plugin steps.

For the creation of the Animals Merged esp, I'm missing SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp as a master.  During the main portion of the guide, it says:

So I don't have the file installed.  Do I just temporarily add it back in for the merge, and remove it again after?

Thanks in advance, and thanks x 1000 for the guide.

You will find the "SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp" when installing "SkyTEST No Extra Spawns". It'ts part of the  SkyTEST Integration Project SE

it is not intended that the rain looks like this, is it? :confusion:

https://imgur.com/a/LZygnRL

That looks like a missing rain texture from your ENB, if you are using Re-Engaged from this guide, did you install both the main install folder and the folder specific for your weather system (vivid if following guide) into your Skyrim directory, letting it overwrite?

As of this post, you want to be using ENB version 334, and Re-Engaged ENB 5.6a

Edited by SindolY3K

Thanks, that makes sense. I would use XP32, but I don't like FNIS and it's listed as a requirement for XP32.

Any experiences with these mods? I think they should be safe to use additionaly to this mod

TK Dodge

Blacksmith Forge Water Fix

People Are Strangers

SkyComplete

Unread Books Glow SSE

Simply Knock SE

Fast Travel Speed Fix

I use the books glow but it's not entirely necessary, as one of the Heads Up Display mods also marks unread books (in a more inconspicuous way, it merely adds an asterisk before/after the book's title in the inventory. More immersive and since those mods do other stuff, makes the glow redundant. Simply Knock has beed reported to cause trouble, not only with this build, but I'm using it just the same and so is Gopher on his youtube playthrough. The speed fix is probably also unnecessary if you use Carriage and Ferry Travel Overhaul. Both mods don't do the same, but I'm also going for the more immersive travel system this time.

Any mods that you add to this guide will need their own conflict resolving. Test run them and also load them and your full load order in xEdit and screen them for which records get overridden by other mods, and which are overriding. For all conflicts you have to decide what you want to be carried into the game. Make a patch to combine records from different mods in the same form.

Edited by godescalcus

Good point! I was planning not to use the BadGremlins Collection, but it looks like that BGCollectables.esp is mandatory for Lexy's LoTD SE - Conflict Resolution so I can't avoid it, can I?

PS: It's the same with CFTO and iNeed for Lexy's LoTD SE - Conflict Resolution CR Update for 1.06.1 (TESTING), isn't it? Is it safe to skip the update? :D

you CAN avoid them, just follow the procedures described at the bottom of the guide to add dummy masters with Wrye Bash, then load the CR plugins in xEdit, check for errors, delete broken records (be careful here, it's usually a better idea to remove the entire form and the forms it's nested into but it may not always be the case), then try to remove the dummy master (right click the CR plugin, remove master). If it doesn't get removed after you corrected all broken records, use the "report masters" procedure described and remove any references to the dummy master, then it should allow you to remove it. Save and close, delete the dummy esp. This usually works but from my experience it's prone to error, as is any editing you carry out in xEdit so if you don't mind having them, best to leave the CR alone. And don't forget, if you choose to leave mods behind and edit the CR, you'll have to do it again every time you replace the CR by an updated version.

it is not intended that the rain looks like this, is it? :confusion:

https://imgur.com/a/LZygnRL

I don't think the ENB has rain textures (it gets installed directly into the game folder, not in Data via MO2). That does seem like a missing/broken texture and I'd point to the weather mods, either Vivid or True Storms. My own rain looks pretty dark, I'd say too dark compared with the classic Skyrim version, but not entirely out of place.

The ENB can change the appearance of rain, but it should be the source of a missing texture.

That looks like a missing rain texture from your ENB, if you are using Re-Engaged from this guide, did you install both the main install folder and the folder specific for your weather system (vivid if following guide) into your Skyrim directory, letting it overwrite?

As of this post, you want to be using ENB version 334, and Re-Engaged ENB 5.6a

I was not planning to install any ENB because of it's performance impact.

Any mods that you add to this guide will need their own conflict resolving. Test run them and also load them and your full load order in xEdit and screen them for which records get overridden by other mods, and which are overriding. For all conflicts you have to decide what you want to be carried into the game. Make a patch to combine records from different mods in the same form.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. I've checked the mod order for conflicting files and I've applied filters to show conflict losers via SSEEdit as well. There weren't any conflicts for the mentioned mods, so it should be safe (more or less) to use them in addition to this guide right? And thanks for the hint with Simply Knock, I'll better avoid it then.

And don't forget, if you choose to leave mods behind and edit the CR, you'll have to do it again every time you replace the CR by an updated version.

That sounds too compicated for me, especially if I have to repeat the whole process for every updated CR version.

I don't think the ENB has rain textures (it gets installed directly into the game folder, not in Data via MO2). That does seem like a missing/broken texture and I'd point to the weather mods, either Vivid or True Storms. My own rain looks pretty dark, I'd say too dark compared with the classic Skyrim version, but not entirely out of place.

The ENB can change the appearance of rain, but it should be the source of a missing texture.

that sounds plausible to me. I'll check the weather section, especially the Weather Systems Merged. Thanks!

Just wanted to correct my previous post, I meant the ENB itself should NOT be the source of a missing texture (typo... but I had already said that and you got the point).

Sure. I've just found out, that the rain is not the only issue: https://imgur.com/a/ukubtOo

And after the first CTD in the area of Whiterun while fast traveling, which was the main reason for me to completely reinstall SSE from scratch, it's definitely time to go to sleep now :D

So it is a bug then.  Thank you Decopauge.  As I stated previously 0.2.0 will not work on my system, it won't even load up my load order.  Guess I will just have to do without zEdit.

Just wanted to chime in; I'm having exactly the same problem as Kneph13 was having. zEdit doesn't seem to see the VFS so can only see the vanilla game ESMs.

LOOT, SSEEdit and all the other tools work fine. zEdit is installed in exactly the same way but does not. I've tried the recommended 0.2.0 version and also updating to the latest 0.3.0 version but both produce the same result.

Any ideas?

Sure. I've just found out, that the rain is not the only issue: https://imgur.com/a/ukubtOo

And after the first CTD in the area of Whiterun while fast traveling, which was the main reason for me to completely reinstall SSE from scratch, it's definitely time to go to sleep now :D

Happens to me too :) When I think it's finally time to play, troubleshooting begins.

That second image seems to indicate missing fog/cloud textures? Do reinstall your weather mods from scratch. Did you do the Weather Systems merge? If so, did you tell it to batch-copy all assets, or not? If not (as is my case), did you leave the original mods ticked in the left pane? Because those will contain all the needed assets and if you untick them you'll have missing meshes and textures. Missing meshes will likely cause you to CTD on the spot, missing textures will take that purple look. My procedure for all merges was to NOT copy all assets into the merge directory (untick the option in Merge Plugins Standalone - it still copies assets that need to be renamed in order to work with the merge). After the merge is finished, placed in the left pane according to the guide and activated, I go through all of the original mods and move only the merged plugins into the optional plugins tab. That way the merged plugin will have all the needed assets in MO2's virtual file system, provided by the original mods. It doesn't matter at all that they come from other mods, as long as they're installed.

Just wanted to chime in; I'm having exactly the same problem as Kneph13 was having. zEdit doesn't seem to see the VFS so can only see the vanilla game ESMs.

LOOT, SSEEdit and all the other tools work fine. zEdit is installed in exactly the same way but does not. I've tried the recommended 0.2.0 version and also updating to the latest 0.3.0 version but both produce the same result.

Any ideas?

I've had weird problems with MO2 not seeing the load order (in my case, it was LOOT) and sometimes being unable to fire the virtual file system (error: usvfs_proxy_x64.exe and usvfs_proxy_x86.exe failed to launch, or something similar). On another case it completely lost track of my left pane order (but that was easy to fix for me because I always index my mod folder names so they even order correctly by alphanumeric order). I'm still not sure FNIS runs 100% well (I've just seen a husky sliding back instead of running back, but it was an isolated incident). In most instances I solved the problem by closing MO2 and restarting. May have restarted Windows, too, don't remember. MO2 doesn't seem rock solid at the moment, but eventually it gets the work done ;)