Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I was always wondering what mod would benefit form FNIS Creatures and asked on the mod's page for an example. Fore replied that he also doesn't know a single mod for SSE that would make use of it. May I ask which mod from this guide gets processed by Creatures functionalities when running FNIS?

I don't know.  :confusion:

The latest version of MO2 only puts NEW files into override. Everything that already existed before edits goes to where it was before.

Correct. In place editing of mod files one of the long requested changes for MO and was introduced in 2.1.2

OK.  ::): :thumbsup:

Edited by Decopauge123

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch is now at v4.1.3.

Arthmoor posted this about it:

USSEP 4.1.3 is now live. Enjoy!

This update is pretty important btw. If you are starting a new save and intend to get married and adopt kids, you need to be sure this is installed when you do or all of that will break.

Old saves made prior to patch 1.5.39 will not work regardless due to script bake-in. They will continue to work ONLY on vanilla housing and nothing else. This is NOT a USSEP issue. 4.1.3 merely brings us in line with the official patch and will not break it on any new saves started from this point forward.

Shabdez, on 21 Apr 2018 - 4:09 PM, said:snapback.png

sm0kem, on 21 Apr 2018 - 4:10 PM, said:snapback.png

The latest version of MO2 only puts NEW files into override. Everything that already existed before edits goes to where it was before.

Correct. In place editing of mod files one of the long requested changes for MO and was introduced in 2.1.2

Ok guys thank you for the clarification :clap:

Edited by berndaroy

Hey, guys yes I need to update the Cleaning instruction due to changes with MO2. basically what you do is move the "CLEANED" esms from you DATA folder into your "Clean Vanilla ESM Folder" inside MO2's Mods folder and restore the UNCLEAN ESM back to your DATA Folder (Phew I hope that kind of makes sense). Or you do what I do and not move them to Mod Organizer I personally I always Clean my esm even before I download and install MO2.

Edit: I have updated the Cleaning Instructions take a look at them a let me know if they make sense.

I have also Added Manual BSA extraction instructiosn for Windsong.

Hey everyone!

After following this great guide for some days now (thank you so much for it!) I've finally reached the finish. But unfortunately I keep getting a CTD after the char creation as soon as I activate the bed or during the loading screen, and I've no idea how to fix it :(

I didn't install all the core mods, but every master that is needed for all the provided patches, conflict resolutions etc. - Or do I really have to install ALL of the core mods, so that Lexy's LOTD Special Edition Patches are working as intended?

Any ideas how I can figure out the reason for this CTD?

There are two LOOT warnings, but those shouldn't be critical imho and possibly are already covered by Lexy's files:
You seem to be using Flora Respawn Fix, but you haven't enabled the Flora Respawn Fix patch for this plugin: Flora Respawn Fix SE for Beyond Skyrim
You seem to be using Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim, but you haven't enabled the Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim patch for this plugin: Ordinator Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch

Any help on is really appreciated

Edited by filiusDei

I've had consistent CTDs after finishing installation and they are a drag to troubleshoot. I've learned to be more careful with adding mods that aren't in the guide. I got one (Silian Manor, just outside Solitude) that looks great but has a huge amount of dirty/wild edits, changing both interior and exterior cells as far as Riften, including lots of deleted navmeshes. Tried to clean it manually but still testing, maybe the best will be to let it go. In general, I consider that the mods supported by Legacy are safe to use, but the whole lot hasn't been conflict resolved for use with this guide, so you're still in unchartered territory. My last troubleshooting run took me half a day unchecking and rechecking mods in MO2 until I isolated the NPC retextures section. I had done exactly as the guide says there, so I just tried to reinstall the whole section and it worked, no more CTD's on char generation or when entering Solitude. Go figure! My 2c. is, copy your profile to a new one and start unchecking mods in batches until you no longer CTD. Then recheck fewer at a time, until you get your CTD again... That way you can narrow down on the culprit and see what needs to be done, whether extra conflict resolving, load order change, reinstalling to account for corrupt/missing assets or leave the mod out altogether... Check the conflicts tab to investigate the possibility of another mod overriding assets from that one, potentially causing the crash. It's a drag, especially after days of building, but sometimes it's the only way.

I've had consistent CTDs after finishing installation and they are a drag to troubleshoot. I've learned to be more careful with adding mods that aren't in the guide.

Ok, thanks. Until now I've only followed this guide and didn't add a single additional mod. But I'll copy the profile and start investigating.

Thank god it's weekend and I've enough time for it :)

Edited by filiusDei

Hey, guys yes I need to update the Cleaning instruction due to changes with MO2. basically what you do is move the "CLEANED" esms from you DATA folder into your "Clean Vanilla ESM Folder" inside MO2's Mods folder and restore the UNCLEAN ESM back to your DATA Folder (Phew I hope that kind of makes sense). Or you do what I do and not move them to Mod Organizer I personally I always Clean my esm even before I download and install MO2.

Edit: I have updated the Cleaning Instructions take a look at them a let me know if they make sense.

I have also Added Manual BSA extraction instructiosn for Windsong.

The ESM cleaning instructions look good.

The Windsong Manual BSA extraction instructions look good, except that the meaning of the 1st sentence of the last line is not clear to me:  The BSA will not extract repeat for all BSA's.

Hey everyone!

After following this great guide for some days now (thank you so much for it!) I've finally reached the finish. But unfortunately I keep getting a CTD after the char creation as soon as I activate the bed or during the loading screen, and I've no idea how to fix it :(

I didn't install all the core mods, but every master that is needed for all the provided patches, conflict resolutions etc. - Or do I really have to install ALL of the core mods, so that Lexy's LOTD Special Edition Patches are working as intended?

There are two LOOT warnings, but those shouldn't be critical imho and possibly are already covered by Lexy's files:

You seem to be using Flora Respawn Fix, but you haven't enabled the Flora Respawn Fix patch for this plugin: Flora Respawn Fix SE for Beyond Skyrim

You seem to be using Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim, but you haven't enabled the Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim patch for this plugin: Ordinator Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch

Any help on is really appreciated

A search of this Forum for either 'You seem to be using Flora Respawn Fix' or 'You seem to be using Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim" would have found godescalus' post made yesterday and DarkladyLexy's response.

Shouldn't we take heed of this warning from LOOT:

BSHeartland.esm

Actors.ACBS, Actors.CombatStyle, Actors.DeathItem, Actors.Stats, C.Light, C.RecordFlags, C.Regions, Delev, Factions, Graphics, Invent, Names

I've added all three patches to my right pane after RS Children Compendium.

all those patches should be included in the CR please ignore what LOOT says. We might need to add the Delev and Invent tags thou.

Edit: triple checked and we do need the flora fix will add tomorrow. We DON'T Need the Ordinator Patch that is in the CR.

Edit 2: the CH Bruma Patch is already in the guide.

As for the CTD when you activate the bed, someone posted in the LAL troubleshooting section that The game crashes whenever I use the bed!.

The response to that was The only known cause for this is using a body mod with a mismatched skeleton that's not compatible with it. When the bed is used, your character gets stripped of the prison clothing and your new equipment is added based on what you started as. It is this process that causes the issue when a skeleton mod that doesn't match the body is used. Something to do with bones the body mod is looking for that the skeleton doesn't have. Oddly enough, this tends to only happen on female characters. I have no idea why that is.

Edited by Decopauge123

The ESM cleaning instructions look good.

The Windsong Manual BSA extraction instructions look good, except that the meaning of the 1st sentence of the last line is not clear to me:  The BSA will not extract repeat for all BSA's.

it is meant to be The BSA will NOW extract. I Have tweaked a little bit more.

As for the CTD when you activate the bed, someone posted in the LAL troubleshooting section that The game crashes whenever I use the bed!.

The response to that was The only known cause for this is using a body mod with a mismatched skeleton that's not compatible with it. When the bed is used, your character gets stripped of the prison clothing and your new equipment is added based on what you started as. It is this process that causes the issue when a skeleton mod that doesn't match the body is used. Something to do with bones the body mod is looking for that the skeleton doesn't have. Oddly enough, this tends to only happen on female characters. I have no idea why that is.

Thanks for the hint, but there is no skeleton mod installed at the moment. I was able to isolate the issue and found out, that the Armor Conversions (TMB Vanilla Armors or/and Patches) were causing the CTD.