Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

CR v1.06 requires iNeed as a master, but iNeed is marked as optional in the guide. Perhaps there could be a second version for those who don't use it?

I don't really want to get into the realm of having to maintain 2 Different CR's (I already provide 3). It much easier to provide a CR and you guys to clean what you don't need.

I would note that i originally did add those records to the miscellaneous merge then got "Moaned that they they were only single records and better suited to be in the CR" I can't win.

Is it unavoidable SE behaviour to have nights as bright as day if merely one of the moons is up, or is some bad configuration of the ENB/weather/lighting mods? I did exactly as it says in the guide and at night, with rain and all, I can see almost as if it were day, only the color palette seems more blueish and less saturated. The fact that there are clouds doesn't make any difference. Only when both moons set do I get a more realistic dark night. Have you tried Vivid Weathers + Re-Engaged without True Storms? Maybe the compatibility isn't as straightforward as it seemed.

I use it, without flaws so far, but it's not a straightforward process to install and make work. I do still consider it a work in progress. Here's what I recommend:

As I said, this works flawlessly and the combination of Palaces and Castles, ICAIO and 3DNPC's is amazing. Palaces look really lively now. But I do consider it a work in progress as I haven't had time to test it extensively in a playthrough for other conflicts. You can always tweak things. One thing I did was to make its interior cells compatible with ELE. They should be compatible with ELFX via patch, but ELE loads towards last in my load order so its cell definitions override PCE's. I have a personal CR plugin for custom edits and I set it to carry ELE's lighting and imagespaces and PCE's palace music. This is a minor detail, you can perfectly well do without PCE music, I don't even notice the difference, but you can do the same procedure for any conflicts you find.

Oh my God! Such knowledge, much wow! Thank you so very much for the detailed reply. You sound very experienced in mod-jitsu (I am sweating while reading steps 3, 3a and 4.) But this time I must learn to mod this fine-ass game even if it takes away my entire life.

Yeah I've tried switching back and forth between 2.1.2 and the dev build and I get the same results. Definitely a really strange one.

Kal, have you ever installed MO2 on your computer running in anything other than 'portable mode'?  If the answer is yes, you may have MO2 control language/files lurking somewhere that's affecting your 'portable mode' installation.

I'm also using MO2 v2.1.2.

Edited by Decopauge123

It seems like the excessive night brightness issue is related with stormy weathers, clear weather looks fine. Also during daytime, rainy/stormy weathers make water foam textures dark grey, maybe incompatibility with realistic water two?

Are others seeing the same results to these issues?

[undiscovered Means Unknown - Map Markers] has been updated to v1.8; BrinaSair posted this as the short description: Currently supports SkyUI, SkyHUD and the following colorations: the default Skyrim SE pallet, Color Quest & Capital Map Markers, Colour Map Markers, LMM, NACMIM, and Pastel Map Markers.

Oh I've tried Phoenix with Reshade (I think) before, which looked very nice indeed, but I don't remember its impact on performace. This build is performing very well in my ageing gtx970, i7-5870k system. Usually upwards of 50FPS even in cities, capped at 58 most of the time in the wilderness.

Should I try a different ENB first, or try the weathers without true storms? Because TS does change rain drop and volumetric fog texture which are exactly the ones that look dark grey in stormy weathers my build. It does look like incompatibility with some shaders or something. The night brightess with moons makes sense with clear skyes (though a bit too bright in my opinion) and it could be that the ENB fails do adjust to cloudy skyes, I don't even know if SSE enb's can do that.

Edited by godescalcus

Oh I've tried Phoenix with Reshade (I think) before, which looked very nice indeed, but I don't remember its impact on performace. This build is performing very well in my ageing gtx970, i7-5870k system. Usually upwards of 50FPS even in cities, capped at 58 most of the time in the wilderness.

Should I try a different ENB first, or try the weathers without true storms? Because TS does change rain drop and volumetric fog texture which are exactly the ones that look dark grey in stormy weathers my build. It does look like incompatibility with some shaders or something. The night brightess with moons makes sense with clear skyes (though a bit too bright in my opinion) and it could be that the ENB fails do adjust to cloudy skyes, I don't even know if SSE enb's can do that.

I recommend trying The Truth ENB very light weight and looks good to me.  Also you didn't mention it, but have you tried one of the darker exterior settings in Vivid Weather MCM?

Kal, have you ever installed MO2 on your computer running in anything other than 'portable mode'?  If the answer is yes, you may have MO2 control language/files lurking somewhere that's affecting your 'portable mode' installation.

I'm also using MO2 v2.1.2.

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure - it's been a few years since the last time I did an MO/Skyrim install (certainly before SSE came out) and I don't remember whether that was before or after my most recent PC rebuild.

This thought occurred to me too, so I've had a hunt around in the various likely culprit folders - my games folder, program files, and appdata - and also hit up a few search utils. I can't find any trace of MO anywhere on my system except for where I'd expect. So unless it's really really well hidden that's out!

What's really strange about this problem is that single process applications like LOOT or SSEEdit work absolutely fine. It's only where the initial process that gets launched by MO calls a secondary "child" process that it fails to see the VFS. With zEdit you launch zEdit.exe which in turn calls xEditLib.dll. With SKSE, you launch skse_loader64.exe and that calls Skyrim. I've also replicated the problem by launching cmd.exe from MO2, then CDing to my game directory, and using DIR to see what's there. This works fine, it sees the entire VFS as you would expect. But if I then use that same command window to launch a second (i.e. just run cmd.exe from within the existing command window), the second one can only see the base game. Exit back to the 1st, working fine.  So it's a specific function of MO2 that's not working - extending the VFS to child processes. 

Really weird stuff.

godescalcus could it be the ENB I currently recommend have you tried a diiferent one? I current use Pheonix ENB https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3350 and thnk it ok.

About to test Phoenix ENB Quality option (without Reshade). I noticed there are a few lines in enblocal.ini that need to be edited:

[MEMORY]
ForceVideoMemorySize=true (DELETED)
VideoMemorySizeMb=10240 (DELETED)

[ENGINE]
ForceVSync=true (set to false)

FPS limit is already off.

I deleted ForceVideoMemorySize because why should you limit that to 10GB if you have more available? I have 12GB, not much more but still... Anyway Re-Engaged ENB didn't have that setting and was running fine.
Edited by godescalcus