wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Yea Made a note..

At the moment I've got heaps to do I'm still a while away from having the extra bits complete because as I do another bit I learn a bit more and change a bit more so on and so forth....

But the lolz with the new weapons :woot:

It's all integrated mods and dual legendarily for stock weapons and damage adjustment.

If you don't spawn or craft a "New" gun then they will spawns/appear on mobs of appropriate levels with appropriate damage.

The ammunition has weight so using the "new" weapons uses a lot of rounds(the um pap pap guns). It all seems to balance out But I have to play some more to actually see. (Melee damage is high so run away ;))

Just making integrated mods for ZephyrWarrior's PA Overhaul so I can use the VAFS with upgrade modules.

I might throw that up as well as WIP pre alpha. (Works just no modules for ZephyrWarrior's PA Overhaul) But I will most likely have that done tomorrow.

Minor issue, Weaponsmith Extended points to wrong mod on nexus. Else looking good, still installing but sounds very interesting!

Yeah wrong mod but also doesn't say to download the Bundled assets pack?  Tyhe big 2 gig one? I'm assuming that should be downloaded too?

Weaponsmith Extended
NEW
CORE
 Realistic Guns and Bullets Overhaul - 2.6 - by guidaye Files to download :

• MAIN FILES - Crafting Workbenches Ammo Loading AWKCR-WSE-NC-VIS version 1.01
  • ADDITIONAL1 - Weaponsmith Extended 2 Plugin v2.340 (2.4 Beta 20)
  • ADDITIONAL2 - WeaponSmith Extended 2 - Survival Ammo Weight Patch
  • ADDITIONAL3 - Weaponsmith v2 - Super Mutant Redux v1.4 Compatibility Patch

Description : Weaponsmith Extended:- hmmm it's more then what's written on the box.

Information : Follow the Video in the Description page. Recommend:

Don't Pack the Sound and Sounds folders Don't Pack Materials\Weapons\mjp or Meshes\mjp (has Japanese symbols and can't archive)

I think I got it installed correctly, at least I was able to play for a couple of hours and new weapons and ammo showed up.

Basically, I unzipped all the stand alone weapons (11 of them, video older so some are already included) plus the Weaponsmith Bundled Assets Pack v2.4.

Then I copied all the folders from these mods to a new empty folder as per instructions in the video.

I made two BA2's like explained in the video but left as loose files Sound, Sounds folders and that one weapon, mjp, for which I created the folder structure. Then I just zipped them all up and copied to Mod Organizer 2's download folder.

Then I installed all the Weaponsmith extended mods (Crafting Workbenches Ammo Loading..., Plugins 2 v2.340, survival ammo weight patch, super mutant redux v1.4 and the asset pack I zipped myself) and merged them all into one. Moved the installation order up below new calibers mod in weapons section, and moved the esp's somewhere between TakeCover.esp and BetterModDescriptions.CAS.esp.

Anyhow, seems to work. Old weapons I had stored in a box are weak, e.g blasted some 20 rounds at a raider with my old shotgun and didn't really do much damage. Loads and loads of new ammo to be found, and monsies drop new weapons. I'll take a while to get used to and also need to figure out more about those different ammo....fun times :)

Edited by LordKee

Ok a little confused on the weaponsmith 2 instructions.  you say to not put the textures into a BA2 but then say to follow the video and isn't that what they do in it?

He says to not pack the Materials\Weapons\mjp or Meshes\mjp etc so basically...

Pack Everything!

Exclude:

Materials\Weapons\mjp

Meshes\mjp

Sound

Sounds

So in your folder will be:

----------

Materials - Inside that Folder will be \Weapons\mjp

Meshes - Inside that folder will be \mjp

Sound

Sounds

----------

Your New.ba2

----------

Weaponsmith esm files (I forget if it has any esm but if it does then yeah)

----------

Weaponsmith esp files

Edited by Verenios

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Gernash/Plugin_Weapons#WeaponSmith_Extended_Addon_for_Weapon_Plugin_Pack_II

Fixed with PIC

NOTE: you do not have to compress into BA2 you can leave it loose. (Probably better for general users you will have less oddities.)

If you do compress it please tell me what weapons are invisible (it will happen) also if they are purple/pink (no texture)

NOTE2: you can't have Sounds in a BA2 as it does not adhere to the "Structure" format of the game. i.e. your sounds go screwie.

Edited by Gernash

Yeah i usually stick to Loose if i can, Bethesda did say that BA2 Files are loaded upon start of the game so that your games performance won't be hindered while playing but umm... "Bethesda"

Loose it may affect some people with slower drives maybe, Since Loose loads upon cell entry or when you are that said object what not etc with Fallout 4, Is okay for me due to i have all my stuff on my SSD which is a Intel SSD 750 Series and that Reads at 2.5GBps and Writes at 1.2GBps so loading times hasn't been an issue so far.

But then again having BA2 Files start at the start of your game i did notice a longer start up timing when running on my normal HDD with mods when opening the game then the rest of the way was fine after.

Edit: MO is still in Beta too so in the near future Tannin may release a Plugin in MO that will extract BA2 Files and recognize dummy files etc like in FO3/NV and TES etc.

Edited by Verenios

I have tested WSE before with no issues but not alongside your MODWiki Core and i can't get into the game right now till F4SE updates due to F4SE being 0.2.6 which is for 1.7.19 and my version is 1.7.22 right now.

I know i can get in without F4SE haha but some mods went spazzo mode haha.