wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

OH!  I never even looked at that section, as I don't see the point of modern weapons in a timeline that diverged in the 1950s.  If I wanted to play Call of Duty, I'd be playing CoD.  I'll give it a once over.

BTW, my load order got messed up, so I had to manually redo it.  I hadn't realized until now how many patches had gotten merged, so I reviewed the entire list.  Between changes to lighting, weather, the Better Settlers clothing section, and the no-longer-needed VIS and Armorsmith compatibility patches I was still holding onto, I just dropped my plugin list by *35*.  Damn.  

I think I *will* have to start a new game now, because *that* many plugins going bye-bye is probably going to break my game.  I'll find out shortly.  

OH!  I never even looked at that section, as I don't see the point of modern weapons in a timeline that diverged in the 1950s.  If I wanted to play Call of Duty, I'd be playing CoD.  I'll give it a once over.

BTW, my load order got messed up, so I had to manually redo it.  I hadn't realized until now how many patches had gotten merged, so I reviewed the entire list.  Between changes to lighting, weather, the Better Settlers clothing section, and the no-longer-needed VIS and Armorsmith compatibility patches I was still holding onto, I just dropped my plugin list by *35*.  Damn.  

I think I *will* have to start a new game now, because *that* many plugins going bye-bye is probably going to break my game.  I'll find out shortly.  

Yeah gernash used to have a modern weps plugin and also a more survival lore friendly one but that's pulled at the moment while he works on stuff (also things).  I think LM was in both in the end.

Turns out I use half the Modern Weapons plugins, just not the two ammo frameworks or Weaponsmith Extended.  Reinstalled the ones I do use to better fit with his settings. Merged all the extra Legendary Mod esps with "Merge Plugins" since there were so many.

One last thing:  removing the defunct lighting mods fixed many of the minor lighting issues I was having, but one persists.  Now that i've got the others worked out, it's become more stand-out and grating.

Basically, I'm watching shadows draw ALL THE TIME, despite having my video settings set to the standards of your BethINI instructions above.  It's really disconcerting to see bright sunshine in the distance, and then as I get halfway there, the building to suddenly get draped in shadow.  Or more annoying, every time I approach *any* open air building, the shadows inside the building draw themselves as I approach in a very obvious manner.

Is this ShadowBoost at work?  Do I need to change an INI setting?  Just tell me what to alter and I'll do it, because DAMN is it annoying.

One last thing:  removing the defunct lighting mods fixed many of the minor lighting issues I was having, but one persists.  Now that i've got the others worked out, it's become more stand-out and grating.

Basically, I'm watching shadows draw ALL THE TIME, despite having my video settings set to the standards of your BethINI instructions above.  It's really disconcerting to see bright sunshine in the distance, and then as I get halfway there, the building to suddenly get draped in shadow.  Or more annoying, every time I approach *any* open air building, the shadows inside the building draw themselves as I approach in a very obvious manner.

Is this ShadowBoost at work?  Do I need to change an INI setting?  Just tell me what to alter and I'll do it, because DAMN is it annoying.

Theres a FPS limit in shadowboost.ini.  It's suggested to put it a few FPS short of your target or whatever your FPs limit is (e.g. if you are going to 40fps put it to 38fps).  Otherwise it's constantly redrawing as you're always at that.

Theres a FPS limit in shadowboost.ini.  It's suggested to put it a few FPS short of your target or whatever your FPs limit is (e.g. if you are going to 40fps put it to 38fps).  Otherwise it's constantly redrawing as you're always at that.

I tried that.  Didn't help.

I removed ShadowBoost entirely.  That made it a *little* better.  It's at least less obvious now.  The FPS impact has been minmal so far.  

@Barachiel

As you play with FO4Edit Shadow's from lights is a setting in mods under LIGHTS. you have to go through your mods and look through them. Uncheck the Shadowed version and choose the the normal or default version.

2017-04-30_8-00-37.jpg

This is for All the barrel and spotlight effects you see, The draw distance Shadows. What are your settings at?

2017-04-30_8-12-32.jpg

Edited by Gernash

@Barachiel

As you play with FO4Edit Shadow's from lights is a setting in mods under LIGHTS. you have to go through your mods and look through them. Uncheck the Shadowed version and choose the the normal or default version.

This is for All the barrel and spotlight effects you see, The draw distance Shadows. What are your settings at?

2017-04-30_8-12-32.jpg

*sputter* WTF IS MY DRAW DISTANCE DOING AT 3000!?!?!??!?!  I know goddamn well I edited it for 20,000!  *curses the uncaring gods*  

Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage, apparently.  *toddles off*

Synth Overhaul has been updated and is now a fmod so you may want to update with what options you think we should have for this guide. It may also change some things in your patches.

Yep. Definitely will need changes in patches.

@Barachiel

2017-04-30_8-12-32.jpg

The guide lists we should set the draw distance at 3000?  Should we have i at 20000 then or have you just done that for yourself?