Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD 2.18

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.18 condensed update post

What’s New?

This is a simple maintenance update to address a bug and add updates for a couple mods.

See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

Some Assembly Required

Caranthir Tower Reborn - DynDOLOD Resources contains an optimized full model of the tower for a little bit more performance friendly Neverfade LOD. Mesh rules also add LOD for the stone dragon and the portal building.

Optional: to sync concealing/revealing the tower from far distances install and overwrite the two original scripts with the ones from DynDOLOD Patches.

Verified working out of the box - included rules

Trollstigen

Verified working out of the box - added/updated meshes and/or textures

Killian Castle

Lyngwi - A Nordic Village

Fixes include

Fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees by Monobloc

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.18]DynDOLOD.exe - fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees

DynDOLOD.exe - add the worldspace Master as activate parent for Never Fade LOD/Full LOD objects

DynDOLOD.exe - set VWD on original base records used for dynamic LOD only as well

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - fixed generation of dlc01castlefortlod.dds

TexGen.exe - generation for impwood01lod.dds

Papyrus Scripts - activate worldspace Master in case the activate all function is called

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - updated compatibility information for several mods

DynDOLOD Resources - updated/added meshes/textures for better compatibility with mods

DynDOLOD Patches - added script patches for Caranthir Tower Reborn

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skryim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.17

This leads to the "work it up from there" bit, you need to check which mod adds that file and try downloading and installing it again incase it's corrupted, unfortunately i don't have additional steps since this is how i got it fixed.

the thing is, even b4 i get that error i still see the program fail to copy every single texture, so im not sure what is wrong, really... but MO does it.

do you suggest disabling mods one by one in MO until i see that it runs ok? never thought it could fix that

Ah, so it seems, checked the log and seems to be over 100 errors. Disabling them would tell you which ones cause the errors but i'm afraid i have no idea how to fix it except downloading and installing again incase of corruptions. You did say you have MO archive managing un-ticked and have checked your skyrim.ini to have the line about .bsa archives?

Unless that flora fix mod changes textures like: \farmhouse\roof01.dds, \skyhaventemple\skyhavenroof01_n.dds or \winterhold\magestatue_d.dds i doubt it :lol: But i'm glad if i could be of some though very limited help in this regard. Post back your findings and maybe it's something i can help with.

ok so new error:

KDbpK3q.jpg

TexGen not being able to copy files from one location to another is either trying to read/write to MO folders or maybe windows UAC or an antivirus interfering.

Make sure not to install DynDOLOD/TexGen into any MO, Game or windows Program Files folders.

If problem in DynDOLOD persists, check all plugins in xEdit for errors and fix them. If there are no errors, do not select that worldspace it is trying to generate LOD for. Which one is it and from which mod? It will say at the start of the log.

Edited by sheson

honestly i just dont know what i am doing wrong. the bloody tree LODs dont match! EVER! no matter what tree mods i use T_T enhanced trees, SFO, what more can i do?

Install vanilla billboards and then install billboards for each tree mod in the same order as the tree mods. When tree LOD is generated for a worldspace there will be a line like below for each tree with a installed billboard

TreePineForest01 [TREE:0001306D] using LOD Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Skyrim.esm\TreePineForest01_0001306D.dds

So, if the LOD for trees using TreePineForest01 base records does not match, it means the billboard texture TreePineForest01_0001306D.dds is not the correct one for that tree. It is normal for shrubs, bushes etc to not have billboards.

When installing the billboards for enhanced vanilla trees make sure to choose the same installation options as you did for the full models.

For SFO make sure to install the corresponding version of billboards.

Make sure that the generated (tree) LOD you installed from the Output folder is not overwritten by any other mods.

If it is just brightness that does not match, adjust tree LOD brightness in the advanced options.

Edited by sheson

texgen log: https://justpaste.it/yzwj

DynDOLOD log: https://justpaste.it/yzx9

do i need to uncheck the 'generate tree LOD' or something..? i mean, it has the lines as you said but the LOD doesn't match the tree at all.. so weird..

From the log I can see it successfully created tree LOD for 64591 trees in Tamriel alone. If you uncheck generate tree LOD it will not generate tree LOD.

Make sure that the generated LOD you installed from the Output folder into a mod is not overwritten by any other mods/files.

The tree LOD for Tamriel is in these folders Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\* and Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds

Check for these folders/files in MOs right window data tab and that their source is indeed the mod you created from the output folder.

Edited by sheson

So, i'm back to post my findings. Installed Enhanced Landscaped, Skyrim High Quality LODs and used the BillBoards Generator you linked, ran DynDOLOD on high. Well that was a no go, insta CTD outside of Whiterun with TESV.exe using 2.5GB RAM and around 3.5-4Gb VRAM, engine kinda chocked i would assume since neither of those should be high enough to induce CTD, on my last installation i got a stable game at TESV.exe using 3GB RAM and around 4GB VRAM constant. Did some tweaking in ENBoost and Crash Fixes but could not get a stable game.

After this i scrapped scrapped Enhanced Landscapes and tried again with DynDOLOD set on medium, everything else is same as before, previously mentioned HQ LODs and tree BillBoards installed. This time Whiterun outskirts are stable for running and exploration, and cell loads fine coming out of the city or the other various interiors outside of Whiterun. The issue now is that i crash if i use tcl and get even slightly off the ground, rise above player height and i crash. The other crash that occurs and is repeatable is opening world map, instantly crash. Disabling DynDOLOD Output fixes these crashes.

Now i'm quite sure the issue is not with DynDOLOD itself but with the engine chocking because of the additional data it has to process, but eitherway i was hoping if you had some magic that could be tried here, didn't get to use DynDOLOD for anything else but testing so far, but my eyes bled after disabling it ::(:

Crash Fixes gives me the following when using tcl or opening world map: https://gyazo.com/406e8219828d6345e1104015df5501f2

Additional size /alignment codes i get are: 2356488/16, 1166256/16. TESV.exe RAM usage was 2-2.5GB and VRAM usage was constant 4GB during crashes. Map is Warburgs 3D Paper Map, if it matters.

From the log I can see it successfully created tree LOD for 64591 trees in Tamriel alone. If you uncheck generate tree LOD it will not generate tree LOD.

Make sure that the generated LOD you installed from the Output folder into a mod is not overwritten by any other mods/files.

The tree LOD for Tamriel is in these folders Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\* and Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds

Check for these folders/files in MOs right window data tab and that their source is indeed the mod you created from the output folder.

yeah, theoretically its all good.. so i tried doing the ultra trees thing and it actually worked! also it pretty much made the game run at 12 fps and crash after a minute of walking... so not a valid option.

redid everything and checked the window on the right, everything checked out ok, the textures were from the output mod. still didn't match! and its not even a color thing.. the size of the tree as well:

before:

WfyoSt5.jpg

after:

yycqEe9.jpg