SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Could I get some feedback on the WLSO section of the integration guide page? I've been trying out a few things to try to make it easier to follow... The current iteration seen there is the best I've come up with. If people think that's easy and compact enough I'll see about moving that styling to the rest of the page.

I like the new layout, it gives you a clear overview of what mods you need to merge and which mods are optional, compared to a wall of text.

Skickat från min Nexus 6 via Tapatalk

It was dropped for more reasons than just to allow inclusion of town overhauls. A few pages back you can find a link to a reddit discussion. Check the comments by arthmoor, thalassa and nazenn.

Between wanting to improve the cities/villags and that thread it just made sense to drop it. I'm about 80% sure you can load up ICAIO lite if you want it for some reason but there's not really any benefits derived from the Lite version not covered by requiem + wet and cold.

I've read it and also the step forum from the reddit its a whole debate there and I felt the heat even though it was an old thread.

So with ICAIO out from the guide are you considering alternatives to go back to When Vampires Attack mod or similar mod like that which makes NPCs hides when being attacked?

With ICAIO I'm struggling to pick and choose cities overhaul, I need to check for them if it is compatible with it which most of them have slight issue with ICAIO but on the other side I like ICAIO's features regarding the debates that was going on. Just my thoughts.

I've read it and also the step forum from the reddit its a whole debate there and I felt the heat even though it was an old thread.

So with ICAIO out from the guide are you considering alternatives to go back to When Vampires Attack mod or similar mod like that which makes NPCs hides when being attacked?

With ICAIO I'm struggling to pick and choose cities overhaul, I need to check for them if it is compatible with it which most of them have slight issue with ICAIO but on the other side I like ICAIO's features regarding the debates that was going on. Just my thoughts.

Vampire invasions aren't a thing with Requiem and Requiem dragons have fear built-in so non-combatant's flee... As I said, between Requiem and Wet and Cold everything we need is covered that you'd normally use ICAIO Lite for.  As for the full version.. it's too incompatible with other things we want to add to the guide and it's a cpu eater.

It would be nice if the item you collect to the gallery stay there between all your play trough, so you can role-play different builds and still collect all the items. Its just more fun to role play than make a do all build.    

LotD already has this persistence feature, it is not without issues though. Have a look at the 3rd sticky post on the LotD page for more info.

I hope you really enjoy killing bandits for a few days straight.

I actually do. I like to turn every stone in this kind of game and there's plenty of quests involving bandits or stuff for the museum to display in their camps, I like really how Requiem changes the combat, learning what's effective and using it to defeat your opponents is much more fun than vanilla or any setup I had so far. The MQ is mid- to endgame content in my eyes, so even in my last playthrough with PerMa I didn't enter Bleakfalls Barrow until lvl 40. And lastly there's Inigo, everything is enjoyable with Inigo.

It was dropped for more reasons than just to allow inclusion of town overhauls.  A few pages back you can find a link to a reddit discussion.  Check the comments by arthmoor, thalassa and nazenn.

Between wanting to improve the cities/villags and that thread it just made sense to drop it.  I'm about 80% sure you can load up ICAIO lite if you want it for some reason but there's not really any benefits derived from the Lite version not covered by requiem + wet and cold.

Guide currently looks strange because we ran into an unknown limitation... You can only include a set amount of Templates before it quits parsing your page.

Every mod block and every text color change currently is a template...  It's being updated now to use an alternative method to color the text that bypasses the Fc template so that we can finish it up without hitting that limitation.

Could I get some feedback on the WLSO section of the integration guide page?  I've been trying out a few things to try to make it easier to follow... The current iteration seen there is the best I've come up with.   If people think that's easy and compact enough I'll see about moving that styling to the rest of the page.

I think WLSO section is fine as it is, i didn't had any doubt to follow it, its just missing NLVA...kkkk. The only big difference i notice with NLA and NLVA is that NLVA gives more FPS a lot more (10 to 15 outside), but they look almost the same on my monitor. Take your time guys, this is a great guide, cant wait to see how things changed after the inclusion of those cities overhauls, this month is getting long... thank you.

Could I get some feedback on the WLSO section of the integration guide page?  I've been trying out a few things to try to make it easier to follow... The current iteration seen there is the best I've come up with.   If people think that's easy and compact enough I'll see about moving that styling to the rest of the page.

Here's what I think about the WLSO section:

I don't think it's that easy to follow, since your eyes need to look at two different "blocks" of the table (i.e., the name of the mod, and the block color).

I think a better option goes something like this:

Weather Lighting and Sound Overhaul

Option 1 -----------> <link to separate page for Option 1>

Option 2 -----------> <link to separate page for Option 2>

and so on and so forth.

I think the main and merge guides should also follow a similar pattern, especially since this guide seems to have quite a few Optional mods. It should flow something like a flowchart..., where the flow is linear and then branches out into multiple paths depending on what you want to do.

Like, something like the following:

BUxz4hA.png

Also if it is done this way, you could break the guide down into more digestible lengths. So one page for all the linear parts, and at the end it gives you the options. Click them and it takes you to the relevant option's page, and then back to another section for linear parts. So on and so forth.

Sort of like an old school point and click "choose your own adventure" game or book..

Edited by johnnywatts

Given that you're changing the guide to be standalone, would it be possible to have a page like the old 'integration' one designed for people who have followed the base SRLE guide and would like to add yours on without starting from scratch? For example, just a simple list of base SRLE mods colour coded as red (mod not in Reqtified), orange (mod updated since last SRLE release and/or mod needs different install options for Requtifed, in either case reinstall as per Reqitifed instructions), or green/uncoloured (mod is same in Reqtified as it is in SRLE).

On another note entirely, ICAIO was supposedly 'removed' from Reqtified but it's still in the guide, if it is being removed then ignore this, otherwise can you explain what's happening with it?

Lastly, can I clarify if the Holds/LOTD compatibility issue is solved by your patch? If it is then that's awesome, I've been hoping for the official compatibility patch to come out for ages.

On another note entirely, ICAIO was supposedly 'removed' from Reqtified but it's still in the guide, if it is being removed then ignore this, otherwise can you explain what's happening with it?

Think It'll stay in the guide for the people not using any City/Town overhauls. If I'm not completely mistaken.

A small question for you Paul and JD - I wiped my install completely when you started making the guide into a standalone, how much of SRLE are you done adding? Like, is it safe to start working my way trough the guide, or should I wait a couple of days?

Think It'll stay in the guide for the people not using any City/Town overhauls. If I'm not completely mistaken.

A small question for you Paul and JD - I wiped my install completely when you started making the guide into a standalone, how much of SRLE are you done adding? Like, is it safe to start working my way trough the guide, or should I wait a couple of days?

Well you can begin from the start since i've start redoing it from there. I think everything is there from the beginning but i can't be 100% sure until i finish. This will take a few more days to import mods and few more to organise to be 100% sure.

Given that you're changing the guide to be standalone, would it be possible to have a page like the old 'integration' one designed for people who have followed the base SRLE guide and would like to add yours on without starting from scratch? For example, just a simple list of base SRLE mods colour coded as red (mod not in Reqtified), orange (mod updated since last SRLE release and/or mod needs different install options for Requtifed, in either case reinstall as per Reqitifed instructions), or green/uncoloured (mod is same in Reqtified as it is in SRLE).

Lastly, can I clarify if the Holds/LOTD compatibility issue is solved by your patch? If it is then that's awesome, I've been hoping for the official compatibility patch to come out for ages.

well you can look in history on a date that the integration was from srle.

icaio is there as optional for those who want it and dont want to use the ECTV

most of the holds/lotd were resolved in our patch but i cant verify anything until i finish. The author of Holds also posted to release a LOTD patch soon.

Here's what I think about the WLSO section:

I don't think it's that easy to follow, since your eyes need to look at two different "blocks" of the table (i.e., the name of the mod, and the block color).

I think a better option goes something like this:

Weather Lighting and Sound Overhaul

Option 1 -----------> <link to separate page for Option 1>

Option 2 -----------> <link to separate page for Option 2>

and so on and so forth.

I think the main and merge guides should also follow a similar pattern, especially since this guide seems to have quite a few Optional mods. It should flow something like a flowchart..., where the flow is linear and then branches out into multiple paths depending on what you want to do.

Like, something like the following:

BUxz4hA.png

Also if it is done this way, you could break the guide down into more digestible lengths. So one page for all the linear parts, and at the end it gives you the options. Click them and it takes you to the relevant option's page, and then back to another section for linear parts. So on and so forth.

Sort of like an old school point and click "choose your own adventure" game or book..

i have no ideea yet what i will do about those. I need to finish the transition.

I've held off on doing any resolution for Holds vs LotD since it's been stated that the official patch will be out within the next few days.  Once that's out I'll check to see how things look and tweak for our load order as appropriate.

What problems are known to exist between CFTO and Holds?  Is it just some boats that need shifting at the docks or something deeper?  I'm pretty sure it'd have to be dawnstar or falkreath as the rest of CFTO uses vanilla placements that Holds would have moved appropriately.

Well, I've got the guide up and working. :) I must say it did go quite smoothly. :)

Couple of things:

1) Why have I not used Windsong's before? It's sensational.

2) My only small issue is with Windsong's though. And even then it's minor. Even with the iTintTextureResolution=2048 in SKSE.ini the female lip masks are still a little blocky. Not that fussed about it cause it's not bad, just wondering if I did something wrong.

Haven't gotten far yet, just running around with a few test chars in each of the towns to check for bad/missing stuff. Not found anything yet. :)

I think WLSO section is fine as it is, i didn't had any doubt to follow it, its just missing NLVA...kkkk.

I think the new section is fine, too. It's supposed to help you with MO's left pane and does that well. For all the detailled information there is the seperate WLSO page.

You can already use NLVA, I gave NLVA+Snowfall ENB a shot, as JD suggested a few pages ago and it looks really nice. The colours & lighting are great and the snow layer effect is pretty cool. I like it's dynamic DOF which is more subtle and gentle than K-ENB f.e. The interiors, like farmhouses or taverns, were too dim and dark, especially at night it was way too much, but that could be easily adjusted with the ENB GUI to fit my taste. Oh and the bad weathers are great, fog feels so thick and the intensity of blizzards plays very well with how deadly they can be with Frostfall, really emphasizes this "s**t I got to get outta here" feeling.

So thank you JD, for that great suggestion.